• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Very pleasing.  If you want a laugh, just go back a week or two and see what investment banks were predicting.  Most amusing in some instances.

I don’t think they are deliberately misleading, I think they just don’t know!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

59 minutes ago, dicker said:

just go back a week or two and see what investment banks were predicting.  Most amusing in some instances.

I don’t think they are deliberately misleading, I think they just don’t know!

The very top know. They just want the average "passive investor/trader" joe to not pill into the futures market because most financial people actually believe the investment banks.

They also believed Fed front Yellen when she stated core inflation would hit 5% by 31st December 2021. That energy prices that arent included in the core data is not a reality, that paying for energy is not a neccesity and the whole West believes it!

Tell you what, not believing in the Fed when they have their own numbers over the predicted 5% at 6% and rising.

We conspiracy theorists are all wrong the Banks are right!

2 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Just in time for when the 2022 sovs come out. Great

😅😅 never actually thought about that.

On the bright side it will put a few people off buying (especially the sets) so folk will stand a better chance on the day.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

18 minutes ago, James32 said:

On the bright side it will put a few people off buying (especially the sets) so folk will stand a better chance on the day.

Surely the price of next week's sovereign release is already fixed?  So it might actually be a bargain!  However, the premiums on new proof releases are so large the current increase in the price of gold will not make much of a dent in it.

4 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Surely the price of next week's sovereign release is already fixed?  So it might actually be a bargain!  However, the premiums on new proof releases are so large the current increase in the price of gold will not make much of a dent in it.

You could very well be right.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I'd rather look at it as how much am I prepared to lose when the next dip happens. Are these prices likely to stay up for the long term? Are they likely to increase? How much am I willing to bet on both cases? I plan to keep what I have for years and years so those such things don't matter right now. The only thing that matters is not getting carried away buying at the top of a peak. A week ago I didn't think prices would be where they are now so I clearly am no good a predictions. 

36 minutes ago, James32 said:

The prices are set (no pun intended). Besides, remember that they are already hugely set above spot as premium coins. You ain’t just buying gold, remember. You’re buying a dream too. 🤑

12 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I'd rather look at it as how much am I prepared to lose when the next dip happens. Are these prices likely to stay up for the long term? Are they likely to increase? How much am I willing to bet on both cases? I plan to keep what I have for years and years so those such things don't matter right now. The only thing that matters is not getting carried away buying at the top of a peak. A week ago I didn't think prices would be where they are now so I clearly am no good a predictions. 

£1600 on Christmas day 🚀 😅