• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

10 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Didn't you withdraw that gold blob I was stalking?

Nope it's available and has your first name on it ( up to you if she receives your second name) 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Nope it's available and has your first name on it ( up to you if she receives your second name) 😁

Ahem! BMX! Im first dibs!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

13 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Thank you. So, after 2pm, something happened and this is the reaction..

2pm is about the time the US markets kick in.  So the simple explanation is that the confirmation of Powell for his second term as Fed chairman will keep the markets happy.

The more cynical explanation is that the bullion banks can only make money from precious metals when there are price MOVEMENTS (sell short in the expectation of a price fall, or buy in the expectation of a price rise [this is obviously helped in you can influence the direction of the market]).  Tuesday is the cut off day for COMEX (the market where precious metals are traded in the US), so this day often sees quite a movement in the precious metal markets.

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

2pm is about the time the US markets kick in.  So the simple explanation is that the confirmation of Powell for his second term as Fed chairman will keep the markets happy.

The more cynical explanation is that the bullion banks can only make money from precious metals when there are price MOVEMENTS (sell short in the expectation of a price fall, or buy in the expectation of a price rise [this is obviously helped in you can influence the direction of the market]).  Tuesday is the cut off day for COMEX (the market where precious metals are traded in the US), so this day often sees quite a movement in the precious metal markets.

Yup and options expiry days for moves too!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, James32 said:

New prediction for the weeks end...  £500 gold and free silver😁

Hope so that means @stefffana will owe me 2oz and lump of gold if it doesnt get to 1400 by year end ;)

16 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Am I allowed to swear on the forum?

You can say what you want to me mate - Ive been spat at, shot towards, had mutiple people tell me they want to kill me - its all words. As Mr Bruce Lee said express yourself and be yourself. If people dont like what you say, well good, you have enemies - youve stuck up for yourself, said by Winston Churchill. ✌️ 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

Rising at night stackers delight 🚀

Falling in the morning stackers warning 😱

That certainly sounds like my sex life as a one man band who polishes his trumpet on a regular basis 

11 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You can say what you want to me mate - Ive been spat at, shot towards, had mutiple people tell me they want to kill me - its all words. As Mr Bruce Lee said express yourself and be yourself. If people dont like what you say, well good, you have enemies - youve stuck up for yourself, said by Winston Churchill. ✌️ 

About you, I have to say only good things, I do not think something bad. That I feel like I'm swearing at a time, it's true, but only when the reference price of gold falls too suddenly and doesn't go up to the value of £1400/oz.

8 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Rising at night stackers delight 🚀

Falling in the morning stackers warning 😱

Sounds like an advert for those green herbal 

1 minute ago, stefffana said:

Anyway, till Friday will go up again. Up to £1405.

Fixed that for you.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, stefffana said:

About you, I have to say only good things, I do not think something bad. That I feel like I'm swearing at a time, it's true, but only when the reference price of gold falls too suddenly and doesn't go up to the value of £1400/oz.

buddy dont worry if it does or doesnt. I wont and Im serious now. i have lots of laughs on here, becuase life is too short. regardless of our bet, I will honour it - we are made of the same thing, space dust, 95% carbon and water. Diamonds - human diamonds, we all know, something is wrong in the world. Emotional circumstances in monetary value is nothing, when there is millions of traders exploiting it, but you have to ask yourself, who runs the show? You already know that. You own metals. Thats the best step or we all would not be in this game :)

I wonder if this sharp draw back has anything to do with the Chinese Evergrande collapse as the debt will be hitting Western investors hard as they have no chance of seeing their money where as Chinese investors are protected and will get first chance in being refunded .

Could be a sharp rise to over £1400 by the weekend 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

buddy dont worry if it does or doesnt. I wont and Im serious now. i have lots of laughs on here, becuase life is too short. regardless of our bet, I will honour it - we are made of the same thing, space dust, 95% carbon and water. Diamonds - human diamonds, we all know, something is wrong in the world. Emotional circumstances in monetary value is nothing, when there is millions of traders exploiting it, but you have to ask yourself, who runs the show? You already know that. You own metals. Thats the best step or we all would not be in this game :)

I know, Bully, and you know already that our bet it is not a reason of stress for me or for you...

This forum is my best friend now and I have here only joy and knowledge.

When I've started few years ago to taste the precious metals, I've done a lot of expensive mistakes. Now I know more and I can share from my experience to newbies, but I will continue learning from others. This is the real essence of this forum: sharing, caring, friendship and respect.

2 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I wonder if this sharp draw back has anything to do with the Chinese Evergrande collapse as the debt will be hitting Western investors hard as they have no chance of seeing their money where as Chinese investors are protected and will get first chance in being refunded .

Could be a sharp rise to over £1400 by the weekend 🤷‍♂️

Everything is possible. I will not be surprised by this type of reaction.

1 minute ago, stefffana said:

Everything is possible. I will not be surprised by this type of reaction.

Hold for gold. i dont own a lot of it. becuase I love silver too much! 

6 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I know, Bully, and you know already that our bet it is not a reason of stress for me or for you...

This forum is my best friend now and I have here only joy and knowledge.

When I've started few years ago to taste the precious metals, I've done a lot of expensive mistakes. Now I know more and I can share from my experience to newbies, but I will continue learning from others. This is the real essence of this forum: sharing, caring, friendship and respect.

Good answer. unfortunately in the land of the blind - the one eyed man is king apparently. If you have the incentive to question it, then you are free thinker. Anyone can be in the ship of fools... 

1 hour ago, AurumArgenti said:

Kitco are suggesting its profit taking after Jerome Powell gets a second term at wheel.

$45 Gold Plunge Caused By Entity Dumping $1.25 Billion Of Gold Futures…Twice

https://kingworldnews.com/45-gold-plunge-caused-by-entity-dumping-1-25-billion-of-gold-futures-twice/

Today an entity dumped $1.25 billion worth of gold futures twice which prompted a $45 plunge in the price of gold. Some Entity Dumped $1.25 Billion Of Gold Futures Twice (Each Time Less Than 1 Minute).

Just profit taking by a trader who dumped $2.5 billion of gold futures on the market in a less than a couple of minutes. That's normal profit taking don't you know. Nothing to see here. Move on.

These controlled media types do not have a clue about what is going on and make up any old sh*t or they are liars.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

12 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Just profit taking by a trader who dumped $2.5 billion of gold futures on the market in a less than a couple of minutes. That's normal profit taking don't you know. Nothing to see here. Move on.

These controlled media types do not have a clue about what is going on and make up any old sh*t or they are liars.

He tried not to spook the market by selling in tranches 😂

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024