• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

58 minutes ago, Elpicador said:

Anybody interested in Sovereigns, look in Germany especially when £ goes up against the €. I bought several coins there at the premium of 1-2%.

I chased a few up listed on bullion.directory and found them either comparable to the more expensive UK dealers, more expensive outright or out of stock with no price showing. Maybe it was the time you bought from them? Can you place a link to the one you used? Thanks 👍

30 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

Really?

All premiums are high at this moment. If you are able to locate an  1 oz coin cheaper please post a link.

Edited by daca

2 minutes ago, daca said:

Really? I got  "Sorry, trading is currently closed and pricing is therefore unavailable. Please try again later".

I imagine they are off today as its a bank holiday in UK.

They only allow buying when they are open or when Gold is actively trading I believe.

However, prices are good. I have several items on order.

22 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

🤣🤣🤣  It is clear that you lack the basic knowledge on how PM dealers set there prices. Good luck to you.

Edited by daca

59 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

I imagine they are off today as its a bank holiday in UK.

They only allow buying when they are open or when Gold is actively trading I believe.

Bairds don’t trade on the weekend or bank holiday

3 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Bairds don’t trade on the weekend or bank holiday

Yes exactly, that is why quoting a price of a place at a time where there is no business is of no point when comparing. 

I suppose that is what was meant. 😇😇😇

3 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

Oh, I do apologize for trying to help the guy save 80 euro by waiting 1 day.

Ill crawl back under my rock.

No... that is not what was meant. 
sorry i will rephrase. 

You don’t know if the price tomorrow morning won’t be 100 more expensive. The price on baird is changing every XX seconds. So by tomorrow morning perhaps you would be right and it could be cheaper, and it could be also 100 more expensive. 

so you can’t compare NOW with that website. 

hope it makes the thinking behind it more clear. 

Edited by Bxlsteve

Just now, Bxlsteve said:

No... that is not what was meant. 
sorry i will rephrase. 

You don’t know if the price tomorrow morning won’t be 100 more expensive. The price on baird is changing every XX seconds. So by tomorrow morning perhaps you would be right and it could be cheaper, and it could be also 100 more expensive. 

so you can’t compare NOW with that website. 

hope it makes the thinking behind it more clear. 

Yeah, this is true. But the attitude of the guy is not necessary.

More then likely he will save significantly if he waits until tomorrow. Of course gold could rise greatly in one day but Id wager it will still be cheaper than 1670 euro tomorrow.

Sometimes you are better just not trying to help people.

2 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

Yeah, this is true. But the attitude of the guy is not necessary.

More then likely he will save significantly if he waits until tomorrow. Of course gold could rise greatly in one day but Id wager it will still be cheaper than 1670 euro tomorrow.

Sometimes you are better just not trying to help people.

I hope you don’t mean my attitude?

1 minute ago, SilverPirate007 said:

I hope you don’t mean my attitude?

Of course not, I mean Daca.

Anyway, Ill likely be purchasing some Gold tomorrow, so will will check prices in the morning..😀

Just now, Blehhhh said:

Of course not, I mean Daca.

Anyway, Ill likely be purchasing some Gold tomorrow, so will will check prices in the morning..😀

Oh ok, well good luck. Can you let us know what prices you achieve please? I’m looking to buy some more gold over the coming days.

1 hour ago, cinereus said:

Confused how that makes a difference? Forex is factored in to all prices.

Price of precious metals in calculated in dollars, and converted for other currencies.

Let's take an example:

At the start of the day, 1 oz of silver is worth 10 dollars and 1 dollar is worth 0.5 pounds, meaning 5 pounds per 1 oz of silver.

At the end of the day, 1 oz of silver is 12 dollars, GBP to USD remains the same, meaning 6 pounds per 1 oz of silver.

But if the FED prints a few trillions of dollars in that same day, the purchasing power of the dollar will drop, let's say by half.

So, at the end of the day, 1 oz of silver is 12 dollars, 1 dollar is worth 0.25 pounds, meaning 3 pounds per 1 oz of silver.

If you had 100 dollars in the morning, you could have purchased 10 oz of silver, but only 8.33 oz in the evening.

If you had 50 pounds in the morning, you could have purchased 10 oz of silver, but you could have purchased 12,5 oz in the evening.

So even though the price of silver rose in dollars, it dropped in pounds.

Hope I made it clear

Edited by dga00
wrong math :)

I don't know what all the fuss is about here. 

The price of gold is in USD. End of story.

For all the people that have some currency other than USD in their pockets, their purchasing power for gold will be affected by their own currency's rate against the USD. Happened to me too, gold price was lower than the other day but in my own money is was more expensive than the other day. Because my own currency dropped against the USD.

But any dealer in the world will always sell gold in USD + premium converted in the currency of their choice, which is obviously GBP in the UK, euro for the eurozone etc. 

And I must agree with @cinereus,  the forex rate is built in any price other than USD.

1 hour ago, cinereus said:

Confused how that makes a difference? Forex is factored in to all prices.

You have to convert the price in Euro to £, and then compare it with prices in the UK. Remember to add shipping cost (Versand). It's about 10£ so it's worth buying two or three coins at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, cinereus said:

Again, for the third time and now as explained by werewolf as well, that doesn't explain how a move in the forex rate gives you more silver per gbp as you claimed. 

We're both well aware of how to convert prices into different currencies and that forex rates change as do spot prices.

It could. Considering gold price is constant, if GBP strengthens against the dollar, you get more gold for your pound. Just to make things clear.