• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Thanks to @PapaLazarou for today's delivery. This beautiful 2021 1/10th krug with its 1oz silver cousin with the same date. Gets me so close to the final goal. He was also able to provide all the air-tite caps in all the sizes I needed for my silver coins. So now they all look perfectly matched. If anyone else is in need of any air-tites I'm sure he'll be able to sort you put if you pm him.

20230126_124502.jpg

20230126_124543.jpg

20230126_124618.jpg

20230126_124431.jpg

20230126_125458.jpg

Very nice, I'm a recent convert to the airtites. @James32was kind enough to sort me out with some 1/4oz/sovereign sized ones, the uniformity is stunning.

Now I just need to get one suitable for a half sovereign for the KCIII half coming tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Very nice, I'm a recent convert to the airtites. @James32was kind enough to sort me out with some 1/4oz/sovereign sized ones, the uniformity is stunning.

Now I just need to get one suitable for a half sovereign for the KCIII half coming tomorrow 

Do not and I repeat do not..move that half sov into an air-tite, no matter how careful,you have literally just wiped the premium away 😂 it's ok on world gold that don't attract much of a premium on here...but not something you bought as an investment.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Do not and I repeat do not..move that half sov into an air-tite, no matter how careful,you have literally just wiped the premium away 😂 it's ok on world gold that don't attract much of a premium on here...but not something you bought as an investment.

🥺 But my uniformity...

13 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

For a moment I thought you meant a bullion.... don't do it with a proof for gods sake man!! 😱

3 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Stares at  my proof coins which are in airtites 

Yeah but with all due respect, that's proofs at bullion prices ( carefully done that's fine on  certain coins) but not pure investment issues 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I take that as jest.... I refuse to believe that really happened 🤣🤣🤣

What's the point of a bloody nice capsule if you can't put coins in it? My krug came in an airtite, the Britannia I got from James is now in an airtite.

I wore gloves and was very, very gentle 

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Yeah but with all due respect, that's proofs at bullion prices ( carefully done that's fine on  certain coins) but not pure investment issues 

Yeah message received don't put the £375 3.65g coin in an airtite, keep in the fricking box and capsule 

4 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

What's the point of a bloody nice capsule if you can't put coins in it? My krug came in an airtite, the Britannia I got from James is now in an airtite.

I wore gloves and was very, very gentle 

Yeah message received don't put the £375 3.65g coin in an airtite, keep in the fricking box and capsule 

Ex proofs that are bought at bullion or close to bullion is OK. But a pure investment straight from the mint.... ee-gads! I'm glad you mentioned it today to stop you from doing it tomorrow lol. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Ex proofs that are bought at bullion or close to bullion is OK. But a pure investment straight from the mint.... ee-gads! I'm glad you mentioned it today to stop you from doing it tomorrow lol. 

Yeah I don't mind being roasted if it's for my benefit 😆

3 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Yeah I don't mind being roasted if it's for my benefit 😆

Good man.... now I can calm down and let my heart rate settle back down lmao. Who'd of thought I'd get so anxious about someone else's gold ey? We could've let you ruin it and then offer bullion price to take it off your hands 🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Some beautiful George V Sovs from @1stsovereign including a Bombay mint one. In my relative inexperience I don’t think I considered how good looking these portraits actually are 👍🏼

FD457AAE-5078-4D92-9788-99D415F53496.jpeg

CCCD9855-B9CC-4E8B-9A17-D191BEE318C0.jpeg

George V sovereigns are massively under-rated.  I think because a lot of the years are massive for mintage.  But its a cracking portrait and still enough scarce and rare to keep the collector busy.  Seeing these increase in popularity though.  The 1918i was a real bargain, you beat me by seconds.

5 minutes ago, Orpster said:

George V sovereigns are massively under-rated.  I think because a lot of the years are massive for mintage.  But its a cracking portrait and still enough scarce and rare to keep the collector busy.  Seeing these increase in popularity though.  The 1918i was a real bargain, you beat me by seconds.

Unknowingly, you helped me free up some funds that ended in this purchase. Left you the Canadian minted one yesterday though. Think I should’ve grabbed that but spent a bit much this week

4 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Question. Does distance selling regs not kick in with this type of complaint?

Absolutely.  You have the right to return anything bought 'remotely', with a few obvious exemptions (none of which are coins), within 14 days.  See "Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013".

(Not legal advice - do your own research.)

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

3 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Unknowingly, you helped me free up some funds that ended in this purchase. Left you the Canadian minted one yesterday though. Think I should’ve grabbed that but spent a bit much this week

I didn't grab the Canadian, I went for the 1915 Sydney :) 

That's one I have been after for a while.  Been a massive month for me filling in date gaps 👍

52 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Some beautiful George V Sovs from @1stsovereign including a Bombay mint one. In my relative inexperience I don’t think I considered how good looking these portraits actually are 👍🏼

46 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I have a soft spot for McKennal's George V portrait; it's probably my #2 behind Wyon's young Victoria.  Also, The large mintages of pre-WWI coins and the removal from circulation mean that quite a lot of George V sovs are still available in very good condition. 

I think the George V sov was (post-WWI at least) the original retail investment bullion coin, although perhaps not regarded as such by the Royal Mint at the time.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

6 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

I have a soft spot for McKennal's George V portrait; it's probably my #2 behind Wyon's young Victoria.  Also, The large mintages of pre-WWI coins and the removal from circulation mean that quite a lot of George V sovs are still available in very good condition.  

I agree, I picked all three of these up this month, the 1918i is particularly nice :) :

IMG_E8494.thumb.JPG.4a17ca7b0a51cd7ecfa3510c0b19067e.JPG

IMG_E8495.thumb.JPG.d72f1aa5ec6c9849b5d6045386b1b64e.JPG

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

I agree, I picked all three of these up this month, the 1918i is particularly nice :) :

IMG_E8494.thumb.JPG.4a17ca7b0a51cd7ecfa3510c0b19067e.JPG

IMG_E8495.thumb.JPG.d72f1aa5ec6c9849b5d6045386b1b64e.JPG

They are nice - you can still see anisotropic reflection in the fields on all of them, by the look of it. 

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.