• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

14 hours ago, Sovhead said:

A girl I know works in a jewellers £390 when she applies her 20% staff discount I got £78 off.

Shes got me around 9 or 10 so far over the past 18 months.

That jeweller has a real shrewd business sense🤣

Aaaahhh😉

2 minutes ago, Diamantino said:

I wonder how much more that coin will be worth now that it’s graded compared to an original in the box one . Very nice indeed . 

Graded bullion sovs often don't attract a large premium, although proofs more often do.  These ones are a limited edition, so they will probably do better than ordinary bullion sovs.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

4 minutes ago, Diamantino said:

@SheepStackerI wonder how much more that coin will be worth now that it’s graded compared to an original in the box one . Very nice indeed . 

Depends on the coin really, and the grade you get. I think having an MS/PF70 coin adds around 10-15% to the resale value. But it's very subjective, I've picked up slabbed coins for the same price as just normal coins.

Edited by SheepStacker

33 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

I hate it when they don't properly centre the coin in the slab.

IMG_6471.jpeg.33f681410a0607e3c4f24f880546c6b0.jpeg

More likely it has rotated since slabbing.  The plastic arms do not firmly 'grip' the coin, it is just sitting in a slot.  Natural movement will cause it to rotate.

I have seen several documented examples, when a slab has been photographed at different times and the coin has changed orientation.

Edited by Charliemouse

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

2 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

More likely it has rotated since slabbing.  The plastic arms do not firmly 'grip' the coin, it is just sitting in a slot.  Natural movement will cause it to rotate.

I have seen several documented examples, when a slab has been photographed at different times and the coin has different orientations.

Ah is that right. I'm going to dig out my slabs and make sure they're all still centred now! 

Just now, SheepStacker said:

Ah is that right. I'm going to dig out my slabs and make sure they're all still centred now! 

If they aren't, just open up the slab and straighten them.  😉

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

38 minutes ago, Diamantino said:

@SheepStackerI wonder how much more that coin will be worth now that it’s graded compared to an original in the box one . Very nice indeed . 

I’m interested at what price these will appear on the sales threads soon and where the market will sit. 

Aaaahhh😉

22 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Sie sind atemberaubend!

Yes they really are, they are made of 2oz silver in antique finish. These editions are stackable and pure works of art. The capsules are also super matching.
Kitsune here in wikipedia. All the best from Maxe.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

9 hours ago, Stuh said:

A good postie day! An unusual 1950 Saudi guinea from @Auronum and 1966/1968/2012 London sovereigns from @Spyder All four are in lovely bullion condition too, which is always a bonus 👍

IMG_2418.jpeg

IMG_2419.jpeg

Jealous I missed that Saudi coin!🤣

Aaaahhh😉

Just now, Stuh said:

Then I’ll refrain from telling you how lovely it is in real life 😂 

Go on.  You know you want to . . .

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

59 minutes ago, darkninja1985 said:

Finally picked up my 2 half sovereigns - 2023 and 2022 memorial.

Would have gone for the full sovs but just not keen on the new style sov colour and need to watch the funds 

Pic_1.jpg

Pic_2.jpg

nice coins, very shinny. In this photo the copperish color is not so apparent