• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

All I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . ? 1oz of GOLD? a sovereign??? let's get it and all be part of the journey

Paul

34 minutes ago, James32 said:

No, you set your own target, can be anything that you have to save up for. Bought from anywhere, bit of luck your chosen item shows up here cheaper next December, but you can get from a dealer too.

There's about 50 sovs that need buying next December. You got enough in you ****-a-leeky pant pocket?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

Yup, I’m in for 5 sovs but it has to come from c**p round the house I sell on eBay 😀

You can do it! 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

This could be a decent shout with a lot of people going for the 5 sovs.

https://tavexbullion.co.uk/gold/great-britain-sovereign-king-charles-iii-coronation/

I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but on Tavex, 25+ and it's a ~£2/sov saving, and I'm sure we could get free postage, but it might be to an individual, who'd then need to post them all out.

On 16/11/2023 at 23:07, Roy said:

Er...wait a minute?

The Silver Forum are saving up dirty FIAT? Help!

The way things are going, £1650 might buy you a sovereign this time next year!

😂

I'm in, put me for down for 50 pesos please, or one of the big Chilean coins. Dream big boys 🪙

My thoughts exactly.... so have decided to "save" the fiat equivalent in Bitcoin. 5 Sovereign target. 

Should be an interesting experiment, will I finish the year with +2 Sovereigns, +10 Sovereigns or just more Bitcoin? 🤔

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

6 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

My thoughts exactly.... so have decided to "save" the fiat equivalent in Bitcoin. 5 Sovereign target. 

Should be an interesting experiment, will I finish the year with +2 Sovereigns, +10 Sovereigns or just more Bitcoin? 🤔

That will be an interesting comparison to join along the journey over the year in BTC

I will write up the roll call off willing participants over this weekend, looking to start the first saving deposit starting on December 1st 

Think this will be a fun thread over 2024 

3 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Nice work @Paul. Like the sound of the Chip account too. Will be setting up shortly 👍🏼

There are a couple offering slightly better rates. Hampshire Trust bank and Cynergy can be opened with a quid but pay interest annually, not monthly 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/

Ive used Chip app for over a year now and find it nice and easy to work 

I'm gonna say 10 sovs for next year

I think I can do 1 a month and I need to save hard because if current plans work out I'll have UNI and a baby at the end of next year 😵‍💫

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Starting to get pumped up for my challenge of clearing the sheds. Here's a few pics of a couple of the smallest sheds that need emptying. Defiantly a lot of c**p stuff, Honestly I'm not a hoarder. Somewhere in the 2nd shed there are at least 3 woodworking lathes that I think 2 of them can go. The bigger sheds are worse.20231126_112332.thumb.jpg.ca721b9df716679f7868efbe2353cf2a.jpg20231126_112344.thumb.jpg.1492888f7416fd3ed39adc07f3b80db9.jpg20231126_112519_HDR.thumb.jpg.82ebcdf1fdb95820015fa9cf72a905e7.jpg20231126_112530.thumb.jpg.a3ad830e8849c0a58d5db62072db4958.jpg

Just wandering @Paul are we to give updates on our fiat accumulation progress to keep the topic going and hopefully entice new members to the Christmas Club?

1 minute ago, ZRPMs said:

Starting to get pumped up for my challenge of clearing the sheds. Here's a few pics of a couple of the smallest sheds that need emptying. Defiantly a lot of c**p stuff, Honestly I'm not a hoarder. Somewhere in the 2nd shed there are at least 3 woodworking lathes that I think 2 of them can go. The bigger sheds are worse.20231126_112332.thumb.jpg.ca721b9df716679f7868efbe2353cf2a.jpg20231126_112344.thumb.jpg.1492888f7416fd3ed39adc07f3b80db9.jpg20231126_112519_HDR.thumb.jpg.82ebcdf1fdb95820015fa9cf72a905e7.jpg20231126_112530.thumb.jpg.a3ad830e8849c0a58d5db62072db4958.jpg

Just wandering @Paul are we to give updates on our fiat accumulation progress to keep the topic going and hopefully entice new members to the Christmas Club?

Only you would have a gold carriage in the shed.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Morning all ! 

Okey-dokey current role call of x27 willing participants in the 2024 gold "save-a-thon" collective 

@Paul = x1oz gold

@Gruff = x5 sovereigns

@Darr3nG = x5 sovereigns

@VGfine = x5 sovereigns or x1oz gold buffalo

@Petra = Saving spare cash each week

@JamesH = 1oz of gold

@AOB = x5 sovereigns

@NGMD = x5 sovereigns

@stefffana = x12  1/10s for his granddaughter

@FlorinCollector = x5 sovereigns 

@AndrewSL76 = x1oz gold buffalo

@9x883 = x1oz gold/bar

@Muncle = x1oz gold Britannia

@Thomast = x5 sovereigns

@Roy = x1 50 Pesos

@James32 = x1 graded gold £5

@Tn21 = x5 sovereigns

@Sanctuary79 = x1 oz of gold "something/TBC"

@Aldebaran = 1oz gold buffalo or 2005 £5

@MrStacker  = x1oz gold buffalo/US eagle

@YorkshireStacker = x1oz of gold/x5 sovereigns - TBC

@Skyfiller = x5 sovereigns

@ZRPMs = x5 sovereigns 

@1moreoz = x5 sovereigns (strange choice given his user name ;) )

@iacabu = 1oz of gold "something"

@Brit2023 = 1oz of gold "something"

@ArgentSmith = Five sovereigns worth of BTC to be converted December 2024 

This gets us around x12 oz of gold and 60 sovereigns being purchased December next year

Hopefully between now and then we may be able to arrange a dealer "special offer" if we were all to buy from one place

Save your fiat whichever way works best.

Myself, Ive set up a weekly standing order over to my Chip savings account currently paying 4.84% interest with easy instant access in and out and interest paid monthly

https://www.getchip.uk/savings-accounts/instant-access-account

IMG_5791.thumb.JPG.970bdf62ed6c2ac821251311fca26101.JPG

Another option possibly consider purchasing NS&i premium bonds over the year, £25 is the minimum purchase. 

Would be lovely if someone had a big win over the year to go towards their gold goal and share it here 

or

go retro with with a tamper proof can from the Pound shop to open in December 2024 - i think ill do this to and add my spare odd £1 or £2 in it - see what it adds to up over the year 

CanTastic Keep Calm and Keep Saving, Large Savings Tin CanTastic Blank, Savings Tin, SM

We will aim to kick off and start December 1st and to end December 1st 2024.  

Then between 1st December and Christmas 2024, we cash out buy our chosen gold goodies, get them delivered and share them up here :) 

So 5 days to go before we start . . . . . 

Lets see those standing order set up/screen captures

Over to you  

Anyone else wish to join, post up what your saving/aiming for.  The more the merrier

Excellent, I'll start looking into a savings account this afternoon and get the standing order set up.

So out of interest what sovs would I go for? I am clueless to these, just the regular: https://tavexbullion.co.uk/gold/great-britain-sovereign-king-charles-iii-coronation/ or the like? 

23 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Chime in any time you fancy