• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

All I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . ? 1oz of GOLD? a sovereign??? let's get it and all be part of the journey

Paul

• Paul changed the title to All I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . ? 1oz of GOLD? a sovereign??? let's get it and all be part of the journey

You could achieve this by using 57 envelopes, write 1 to 57 on them and when you have any spare cash or even change you can put it in the envelopes, so envelope 1: Put in £1 and seal it up, £2 in envelope 2, seal it up and so on, you won’t need to do them in order just put whatever you have in each envelope until it matches the number on the front and seal it up, so for example if you return from a night out at the weekend with say £26 left over, put in in envelope number 26 and seal it up.

At the end of November 2024 open all 57 envelopes and you will have just over £1650 if my maths is correct.

Thats 1oz gold without even noticing paying for it.

Edited by VGfine

11 minutes ago, VGfine said:

You could achieve this by using 57 envelopes, write 1 to 57 on them and when you have any spare cash or even change you can put it in the envelopes, so envelope 1: Put in £1 and seal it up, £2 in envelope 2, seal it up and so on, you won’t need to do them in order just put whatever you have in each envelope until it matches the number on the front and seal it up, so for example if you return from a night out at the weekend with say £26 left over, put in in envelope number 26 and seal it up.

At the end of November 2024 open all 57 envelopes and you will have just over £1650 if my maths is correct.

Thats 1oz gold without even noticing paying for it

That works to, the envelope method 

I like it! I'm game

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

I'm in! Love this idea... gonna aim for the 5 x sovs :)

I've sort've been doing it already this year, I opened one of those high-interest savings accounts, and put in money every payday. Except, I didn't really have a goal, just wanted to see the interest getting paid out. I will likely just turn it into sovereigns.

But doing this, with a set goal from the start sounds better.

2 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I'm in! Love this idea... gonna aim for the 5 x sovs :)

I've sort've been doing it already this year, I opened one of those high-interest savings accounts, and put in money every payday. Except, I didn't really have a goal, just wanted to see the interest getting paid out. I will likely just turn it into sovereigns.

But doing this, with a set goal from the start sounds better.

Yay 😁 👍 

If enough of us can decide on one of those price ranges, perhaps we can get bulk discount from a dealer? Lots of trust there, unless they would be willing to accept a deal that we all ring up and pay for 5 sovs each or something?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

If enough of us can decide on one of those price ranges, perhaps we can get bulk discount from a dealer? Lots of trust there, unless they would be willing to accept a deal that we all ring up and pay for 5 sovs each or something?

We might get free postage from any willing Blackpool dealers ;) :)

I'm happy to aim for the 5 sovs too, as I don't have any and it would be an epic way to start

2 minutes ago, VGfine said:

Ok, I’m in on this, I am aiming for the 5 Sovereigns (probably going to use the envelope method using a combination of spare change and selling c**p I don’t use/need anymore)

Yay 😁 👍 

Just now, Gruff said:

I'm happy to aim for the 5 sovs too, as I don't have any and it would be an epic way to start

Yay 😁 👍 

I actually put or try to put cash away separately each week at the moment. No set amount, but it is amazing how it adds up. Most is currently sitting in a safety deposit box along side my gold. Love to buy more gold with it, unfortunately it is already accounted for!🤔🫢🙁

4 minutes ago, JamesH said:

This is a great idea. I’m in. Not sure if it’ll be a 1oz bar or a 1oz coin but this could become a Christmas tradition I can get behind. No 1oz’s in my stack so 1 a year in December would be great fun 👍🏼

Yay 😁 👍 

Just now, AOB said:

Count me in - x5 Sovs my goal 

added few extra lads below:

@NGMD @AuricGoldfinger @stefffana @Gruff @Silverlocks @FlorinCollector @Gordy 

Thanks for the tag, I'm in already, on the same aim, 5 x sovs. Gets me off the mark with sovs then :)