• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

All I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . ? 1oz of GOLD? a sovereign??? let's get it and all be part of the journey

Paul

25 minutes ago, James32 said:

Only you would have a gold carriage in the shed.

That’s left over from when he was winner of the local Carnival Queen

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

On 17/11/2023 at 19:03, Fenlander1 said:

Keep saving I will take a buffalo out of the herd when you are ready. 😆 

Premium bond cheques no wonder I never win.

You have already unleashed that buffalo, I bought it last week😁🦜

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

Co-Operative Bank and others don't support Open Banking. So I've set up a standing order every 4 weeks for £150 that should be 13 payments and I'll add one for luck, incase the price moooooooooooons :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, JamesH said:

Switched my Chip savings account over to Nationwide who have an 8% regular saver account (capped at £200 per month). First deposit going in on December payday 

I saw that on Martin Lewis MSE email the other day. Would be rude not to I guess 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Just signed up to this 8% regular saver account to :) makes sense as my main bank account is with Nationwide. Thanks for pointing it out @JamesH 

Got my £31.73 weekly standing order going into it now set up 

IMG_5793.JPG

Have to check this next time I log in to mine!

1 minute ago, Petra said:

Have to check this next time I log in to mine!

https://onlinebanking.nationwide.co.uk/Products/Products/BrowseProduct?id=281

Is the link when you log in

Flex Regular Saver

Our regular savings account, just for current account members. Limit your withdrawals and keep a higher rate.

Why choose a Flex Regular Saver

Save often and make the most of your money with our regular savings account. Deposit up to £200 each month for 12 months.

Interest rate

8.00% AER/gross a year (variable)

Manage your money

Online – using our Internet Bank or Banking app

Access to your money

Make up to 3 withdrawals during the 12 month account term without impacting your interest rate.
Make 4 or more withdrawals and your rate will drop to 2.15% AER/gross a year (variable) for the rest of the term. We’ll apply the lower rate on the day you make your fourth withdrawal.

Is a Flex Regular Saver right for you?

A regular savings account just for those with a Nationwide bank account.

Designed for:

• Savers who want to save up to £200 a month
  • Savers who are happy to make up to 3 withdrawals (during the account term) without loss of interest
  • Nationwide current account holders
  • Savers who want to open their account online and manage it using our Internet Bank or Banking app

Not designed for:

• Savers who want to save more than £200 a month
  • Savers who want to make more than 3 withdrawals a year
  • Savers who do not have a Nationwide current account
  • Savers who want to use one of our branches to open or manage their account

Eligibility criteria apply.

Don’t yet have a Nationwide current account?

Our Flex Regular Saver is just for our current account members. This means you’ll need to open a current account with us before you apply.

Compare our current accounts

Summary Box

Account name

Flex Regular Saver Issue 2

What is the interest rate?

Your rate depends on how many times you take money out in the 12 month term. After you take money out 4 times, the lower rate applies for the rest of the term.

Withdrawals
Interest rate AER/gross a year (variable)
3 or fewer 8.00%
4 or more 2.15%
Receiving your interest
  • We work out your interest daily. This is then paid into your account on the anniversary of your account opening.
  • We’ll also pay interest when you close your account.
Can Nationwide change the interest rate?

Yes, the rates are variable. That means we can change them, up or down. Section 04 of 'Our Savings Terms and Conditions' explains when we can do this, and how we’ll let you know.

You can also check our current rates in branch, or online at nationwide.co.uk/savingsrates

What would the estimated balance be after the 12 month term, based on 12 deposits of £200 totalling £2,400?
Withdrawals made
Interest rate AER/gross a year (variable)
Balance after 12 months
0 8.00% £2,504.00
4 2.15% £2,392.76

This table shows what a future balance might look like. It assumes:

• you pay in £200 on the first day of each calendar month
  • each of the 4 withdrawals are for £10 and are made on the first day of each calendar month, for the first 4 months of the term
  • you don't pay any more money in or take any more money out
  • the interest rates shown do not change.
How do I open and manage my account?

1. Check you can have this account

You need to:

• be 16 or over
  • be a UK resident
  • have a valid email address
  • be able to open and manage this account online, and
  • have one of our current accounts.

If at any point after you open this account you no longer have a current account with us, we may transfer the money in your Flex Regular Saver Issue 2 to an instant access savings account. Terms and conditions and the interest rate for the new account will apply, and we'll be in touch to let you know the details before we make the transfer.

You can only have one Flex Regular Saver Issue 2 account in your name at any time. You can't open this account in trust for the benefit of another person.

2. How to open your account

You can open an account in your name or jointly with one other person. For joint accounts, only one of you needs to have one of our current accounts.

You can do so:

• on our Internet Bank or Banking app (if you're registered).

You need to pay money into your account within 28 days or the account will close. The most you can pay in when you open your account is £200.

3. Manage your account:

• This is an online account - you can manage your money through the Internet Bank or Banking app.
  • You don't have to pay money in each month, but the maximum you can increase your balance by each calendar month is £200.
  • You can't pay in or take money out by cash or cheque.
  • You'll find your statements on the Internet Bank.
Can I withdraw money?

Yes, and you can take money out three times during the term without losing interest. If you make four or more withdrawals, you'll get a lower rate for the rest of the term.

You can use our Banking app or Internet Bank to transfer money to any Nationwide savings or current account that's in your name and accepts payments. You can also transfer money to a current account you hold with another UK provider, as long as it accepts 'Faster Payments'.

At the end of the term

After 12 months, we'll move your money to an instant access savings account with a lower interest rate. We'll be in touch before this happens to explain your options and next steps.

Additional information
  • This account does not come with a card, passbook or certificate.
  • As long as we have an up-to-date email address for you, we'll usually contact you about your account by email, otherwise we'll send you a letter.
Interest rate terms explained

AER

AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.

Gross

The interest rate without tax deducted.

Personal Savings Allowance (PSA)

You may need to pay tax on any interest that takes you over your PSA. The treatment of your account for tax purposes will depend on your individual circumstances. All tax information is based on our understanding of current law and HM Revenue & Customs practice, both of which may change. For more information, visit hmrc.gov.uk.

The interest rates and information in this summary box came into effect on 21 September 2023.

I've set up a monthly £100 standing order, but I'm also going to be topping this account up ad hoc, as and when I can.

Screenshot_20231202-135853.thumb.jpg.07fe439093c3f2fc2be872c2061275cf.jpg

I had a couple of months worth of cashback sitting not doing much so threw that in, and the monthly dividend payment from one of my shares too. Let's go!

Screenshot_20231202-135834.thumb.jpg.dbd226e5bb44507dccc50c433ccffecd.jpg

So my small arbitrage play with the royal mint has gone well. 
made a few hundred quid with the spot price increase and using their money to put into a savings account to earn some interest, for the Christmas sovereign fund. 
which I’ll have to draw out as and when my credit account payment is due

thank you royal mint for the free money. Ho Ho Ho merry Christmas 

First £300 saved... expecting the price to be more next December 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/