• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay buyer switches gold coin and returns a fake will I be protected as a seller ?

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

I have managed to get the return closed while Ebay review all my evidence and photos. The tampered return address label is fraud just on its own like you say. I was so lucky that between me and the postman he remembered having problems with scanning a label that did not match up and kindly collected it from the address and gave it to me . Will report this to the police as well with all the details.

Brilliant news..keep us informed please. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Yes will do I might even show you the Christmas card if your lucky 😂 🍻

First one of the year. When you send his I have some fresh dog $h__ here that can be sent with it. What an absolute Bar stool

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Again, I would suggest doing things properly and legally. You don't even know that the delivery address belongs to the scammer. They may have cajoled someone into receiving it on their behalf, redirected it elsewhere, intercepted the post, got it sent to a friend's house, just moved out, .... with the fake return being orchestrated from elsewhere. I mean let's face it, it would be pretty stupid to pull this sort of scam off using your own address wouldn't it?

No point getting yourself in trouble needlessly, or terrorising a potentially innocent victim.

Yes I think he would be using his friends and family as a postal address possibly or lives at a property whos owner is not knowingly connected with his fraud.

3 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

I have managed to get the return closed while Ebay review all my evidence and photos. The tampered return address label is fraud just on its own like you say. I was so lucky that between me and the postman he remembered having problems with scanning a label that did not match up and kindly collected it from the address and gave it to me . Will report this to the police as well with all the details.

Didn't see this :) not much to stop assholes from just changing labels.

And **** ebay :)

5 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

After sending plenty of clear pictures of the changed address label , Christmas card and other details It has now gone to the signed Declaration stage. Have just sent these forms off and should hear back within 72 hours 🤞 

Will also drop into a Police station and report the Fraud and get a case number. I'm fairly sure the Police will pay him a visit in Merseyside.

I am proud of you, Midas-Frogus!

Somebody need to make the scammer to feel the pain!

1 hour ago, Midasfrog said:

After sending plenty of clear pictures of the changed address label , Christmas card and other details It has now gone to the signed Declaration stage. Have just sent these forms off and should hear back within 72 hours 🤞 

Will also drop into a Police station and report the Fraud and get a case number. I'm fairly sure the Police will pay him a visit in Merseyside.

Make sure you take a copy of all the evidence with you when you go to the police.

And good luck finding a police station that actually has a counter open.

2 hours ago, Olivard said:

Make sure you take a copy of all the evidence with you when you go to the police.

And good luck finding a police station that actually has a counter open.

It would be best done over the phone initially, and evidence can then be done via email.

33 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Hope you get this sorted mate would buy you a pint if I could 

Maybe a tsf crowdfunder buy Midas a pint which if we all bought a pint would cover the costs 

I can donate some free gas if that helps... comes in a jam jar, and has a distinctive aroma, but free fuel! 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

What a palaver! Sorry to read about this @Midasfrog

It may be a blessing that the return was sent to another address as you now have a couple of unrelated/neutral witnesses if it gets that far. The postman having trouble scanning it and the recipients confirming it was just a Christmas card if asked. Best of luck!

Hope you get it sorted sorted mate, stick at it . 
I know very little about eBay, I assume there is no way of finding out how many times a person has disputed sales  (I.e. potentially scammed) over a set period of time? This would be useful information and should be available to sellers IMO, especially on high value items. A few disputes could  be expected, a track record of this could be avoided as could newly setup accounts.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly