• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay buyer switches gold coin and returns a fake will I be protected as a seller ?

Just now, Midasfrog said:

Delivered by Royal Mail but where is it and no photo on the Royal Mail website as proof ?

Check round the exterior, just to be safe. Bins,garden etc. The ejits put a parcel of mine inside a feckin barbecue in the garden on Tuesday 😆 🤣 apparently that's my safe place.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Could the buyer have changed the address label ?

Maybe go to your local delivery office?  Ask for more information.  Don't forget, it could be the delivery guy that has taken it!

It says it was delivered at 1.43pm, is this the normal time for your postal deliveries?

Erk, this could be tricky now.

It has been returned as far as eBay are concerned - the tracking shows it.

And if it has gone proper missing, the Tracked 48 service won't include insurance for gold coins.

Does the royal mail website show a GPS map of the delivery location if you out the tracking number in there?

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

did you check the tracking on the royal mail main site? Don't they normally say the postcode it was delivered to etc.

checked on royalmail.com and doesn't show any address or post code on there ?

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

Will ask the post lady tomorrow her normal time is around 12ish it also says on Royal Mail tracking site that it was delivered by my local post office so should be somewhere in the area ? 

Did you get an email from eBay saying the package has been delivered?  This is quite normal now when things are tracked.

2 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Maybe like others have said he's just made a fake return to a mates house etc,But surely ebay will want proof of where he sent it etc.

It's not with a neighbour or something?

It has come to my local delivery area so that part of the address was correct maybe the house number or road name had been changed ?

3 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Yes it says on Ebay that it has been delivered and RM are also saying it's been delivered 

I've just looked at one of my eBay Order Delivered emails.  It say "Delivered to" (name and address) and "Dropped off" (time and courier).  Does your eBay notification not say this?

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

I've just looked at one of my eBay Order Delivered emails.  It say "Delivered to" (name and address) and "Dropped off" (time and courier).  Does your eBay notification not say this?

Would this information be on my ebay account I didn't get any email ?

2 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

It has come to my local delivery area so that part of the address was correct maybe the house number or road name had been changed ?

you'd have thought he'd have to show ebay the returns receipt,When you tell them it ain't turned up.

Ie that he hasn't returned it.

3 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Would this information be on my ebay account I didn't get any email ?

When I receive things that are tracked I normally get an email from eBay saying the item has been delivered (with delivery address and courier).  I know your situation is different in that it is a returned item, but it surprises me that you have not received an email from eBay.

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

When I receive things that are tracked I normally get an email from eBay saying the item has been delivered (with delivery address and courier).  I know your situation is different in that it is a returned item, but it surprises me that you have not received an email from eBay.

I think I turned ebay email notifications off years ago would there be a way to check on my account page to get this information ?

4 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I think I turned ebay email notifications off years ago would there be a way to check on my account page to get this information ?

Maybe look at "Order Details" for this item and this may have a delivery/return address??

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

Just checked and it shows that tracking number that doesn't give any information  🤷‍♂️

Would it be worthwhile reaching out to the buyer, explain the situation and ask did he definitely post to correct postcode? Obviously this depends on the buyer being honest, still worth a try though.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip