• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Memorial Bullion Sovereign

Skyfiller

8 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

Am I missing something? I only stack sovereigns for the gold but would like to start collecting. What in hells bells is there to like about this? ( closeup from MrStacker above)???!!!

620F454F-0307-4347-A022-8890BDF1452B.thumb.png.e6cca59f898457f54e25fd49f4caba0a.png

It's busy for sure, and is better suited to the bigger proofs, but it's still a nice coin in bullion, that close up is an unfair description 😀 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

Am I missing something? I only stack sovereigns for the gold but would like to start collecting. What in hells bells is there to like about this? ( closeup from MrStacker above)???!!!

620F454F-0307-4347-A022-8890BDF1452B.thumb.png.e6cca59f898457f54e25fd49f4caba0a.png

I think the design is a bit of a mess but it won't deter me from buying a couple this year. Although It's  not a coin I could marvel over in the coming years in the way I could with a Gillick. Perhaps future generations will come to love it but personally I've been spoiled with George and the dragon.

9 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

I don’t like squinting so got a few £5 proofs 

I really like it. If i were to have a negative, itd be the colour.

Park it next to a gold brit and it looks like its made from pure copper 😄.

But it is what it is and i wish i had more of them.

Edited by AaaGee
Spelling

It might just be me but I much prefer matte type finishes of something that does not look gaudy. Yes pure gold is yellow but one can take it too far in shininess. Not sure if that is a proper word.

A little copper goes a long way.

Edited by Bogart

39 minutes ago, Bogart said:

It might just be me but I much prefer matte type finishes of something that does not look gaudy. Yes pure gold is yellow but one can take it too far in shininess. Not sure if that is a proper word.

100% agree @Bogart, might get the grit blaster out and dull mine down a bit 😂

3 hours ago, Bogart said:

I’m sure we all agree that the RM bullion sovereigns are ‘far too shiny’ which is why this design is more attractive as a Proof with a frosted relief. Not all RM designs lend themselves to bullion appearance. The 2012 bullion is a classic example of that, including this memorial Sov. It seems unnecessarily cluttered in the ‘field’ which makes it difficult to concentrate on the relief. However I don’t dislike it! …

Also a little silver also goes a long way.😀

7 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

ComplainIng about 2022 billion sovereign is like going to McDonald’s for a five quid burger meal and complaining it’s not a three star Michelin meal cooked by Marco, Pierre White

Yeah, plus Marco whatshisface would probably hoof us out when we reach for the Heinz Ketchup! 

I agree with the cluster f@@@ design on the memorial sovereign coin HOWEVER it is still lovely and I would recommend those who want to appreciate the design more to get the double. That'll be my next purchase. I really haven't ventured across to the proof side of coins...yet.

Edited by MrStacker

On 27/02/2023 at 11:23, MergingCultures said:

Just put my first Chards order in - picking up a bullion to go with my proof (not from Chards!).

I can see why some people think the bullion looks fussy, but it's a very special occasion and it needed a special coin.

Flipping Royal Mail. Rubbish. Had to change the delivery date last week as I wasn't going to be in when they decided to deliver, so they said they'd 'try' to deliver by 13:00 today. Nothing. The app is rubbish, it left the delivery office this morning and that's as much as I know. I need to go out.

Edit: This worked!!! Delivered as soon as I complained!! lol

Edited by MergingCultures

• 6 months later...

Seems recently memorial sovereigns went missing pretty much from the majority of uk dealers. They are either delisted or out of stock on dealers websites. Tavex (£384.11), Gerrards (£412.20) and Baird ( £405.98) are having them in stock. Thoughts? 

20 minutes ago, dvl said:

Seems recently memorial sovereigns went missing pretty much from the majority of uk dealers. They are either delisted or out of stock on dealers websites. Tavex (£384.11), Gerrards (£412.20) and Baird ( £405.98) are having them in stock. Thoughts? 

The mint has ceased production, therefore whatever is still in the wilderness will dry up soon.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip