• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 minute ago, SovereignBishop said:

It will sink even more when the milk spots appear in 6 months time and you are sending to BYB to melt in to a round 😆

That's going to happen to all ten of your tudor donkeys too though 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

22 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

2 oz silver Portrait, capsule lose, upside down in the box, coin seems ok though.. they really don't seem to care I hope @BackyardBullion helps to get RM to address this. (as he talks about in his video)

The Royal Mint are directly aware of these issues.

Feedback is the only way things can improve and I hope that we can provide this constructively as a community. 

It is bitterly disappointing when something like this happens and can be annoying and time consuming to work out how to return a coin. 

But by NOT returning and providing feedback we can not hope to effect change. 

I would strongly recommend that anyone who has an issue with quality or open capsules upon delivery to send polite communications in to the customer services team or their account managers and seek a resolution to the situation. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

22 minutes ago, Bars said:

Bought two more for a further 570 and 590 respectively thinking I'd snatched a deal only to find them sold as low as 375 not long after!

Im sorry to make a light joke at your expense and I really do feel for anyone that couldn't get coins at rrp and had to pay over. 

But I feel thats the reason why flippers flip, same reason why strippers strip. (Even the worse strippers get paid alot)

Haven't been to a gentlemans club for a long time..... 😭 

1 minute ago, Slam said:

Im sorry to make a light joke at your expense and I really do feel for anyone that couldn't get coins at rrp and had to pay over. 

But I feel thats the reason why flippers flip, same reason why strippers strip. (Even the worse strippers get paid alot)

Much do strippers get paid?? Asking for a friend. 

3 minutes ago, Slam said:

You are right, I was intending to be that said flipper lol. Two have been sent off to grading so hopefully I will be able to net a small profit if its at 70!

Just now, Bars said:

You are right, I was intending to be that said flipper lol. Two have been sent off to grading so hopefully I will be able to net a small profit if its at 70!

If you get a 70 you're golden.....just seen one go for £1440 recently. 

1 hour ago, Slam said:

Not everyone can get an issue at RRP.  Some people can't get a coin when they go on sale, and others may get a high queue number and the coin sells out before they can buy it.  It happens all the time.  So, if someone misses a coin and really wants it, they do not have much choice but to buy it from a dealer or flipper at more than RRP.  Also, some collectors refuse to deal the stress and nerves that go with the RM's queues, and instead prefer the less stress of buying from a dealer.  This is why dealers and flippers exist....and thrive.

3 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

They are screw top mate!  They are not screwing them together properly...........

2 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

Really, are they employing people straight from the dole queue or something. I'm sure people hate their jobs and do it out of spite. 

They shake loose in transit

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

Really, are they employing people straight from the dole queue or something. I'm sure people hate their jobs and do it out of spite. 

I suspect its more of the case that they have too much to do.

Whenever anyone tries to do more work, in the same amount of time, with the same tools, quality goes.

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

I suspect its more of the case that they have too much to do.

Whenever anyone tries to do more work, in the same amount of time, with the same tools, quality goes.

Agreed.  The RM workers are overwhelmed with all the new releases.  When that happens, QC suffers because there is just no time to do it.  So, the coins go out the door in terrible condition.  They don't even have the time to tightly screw on the tops to the capsules.

2 minutes ago, JeffM said:

They don't even have the time to tightly screw on the tops to the capsules.

If they are screwed on too tight people moan, if they aren't screwed on tight enough people moan. They either need to employ Goldilocks to screw the capsules together or go back to push fit.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

5 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

If they are screwed on too tight people moan, if they aren't screwed on tight enough people moan. They either need to employ Goldilocks to screw the capsules together or go back to push fit.

Well.....they can screw mine as tight as they want!