• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

James Bond 2 Kilo Gold Proof Coin Raffle by The Britannia Coin Company

Zhorro

The Britannia Coin Company is raffling a 2020 James Bond 2 Kilo proof gold coin.  In order to enter it is necessary to answer a question and then buy raffle tickets costing £5 each.  Entries close on 30th April 2022.  They seem to be hoping to sell at least 30,000 tickets.

https://britanniacoincompany.com/james-bond-2-kilo-gold-coin-raffle/

Anyone entering?

26 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

The Britannia Coin Company is raffling a 2020 James Bond 2 Kilo proof gold coin.  In order to enter it is necessary to answer a question and then buy raffle tickets costing £5 each.  Entries close on 30th April 2022.  They seem to be hoping to sell at least 30,000 tickets.

https://britanniacoincompany.com/james-bond-2-kilo-gold-coin-raffle/

Anyone entering?

Nice and if anybody doesnt know the answer to the entry question as its bit of a tuffy, its gemma collins.....😁 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

they profit at least 15%

"As detailed at clause 3.3(c) above, if the requisite number of tickets have not been sold by the Closing Date, the Promoter at its sole discretion may change the Prize. This will be a lesser cash prize in a value equal to 85% of ticket sales for the prize draw."

Edited by daca

2 minutes ago, daca said:

they profit at least 15%

"As detailed at clause 3.3(c) above, if the requisite number of tickets have not been sold by the Closing Date, the Promoter at its sole discretion may change the Prize. This will be a lesser cash prize in a value equal to 85% of ticket sales for the prize draw."

Its the old adage - people dont do raffles not to make money look at these house raffles going on

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

So imagine they dont make the money someone potentially could be getting a choclate gold coin.

10 minutes ago, Fadeingstar said:

Yes I think if you run a raffle then there has to be a free option to enter. Might be worth £5 and then forget about it until you get the email next April to say you have won 2kg of gold!

I normally get them everyday from a nigerian prince and Mr bill gates saying hes got a few quid for me!

32 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

There’s probably a higher chance of winning this than dare I say it, The Postcode Lottery. 😬

You're probably right. I get my money back for a month once every two years.

6 hours ago, MickB said:

You're probably right. I get my money back for a month once every two years.

well least you can flog a rare ISAF badge for an entry! ;)

5 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Im not up for these odds especially if they can change the prize - but imagine winning a 1kg gold coin?? :)

Better yet - imagine winning a 2kg gold coin! 😄

I really can't see them selling enough tickets to actually offer the coin as a prize... But still, I'm a mug and I'm in 😂

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Better yet - imagine winning a 2kg gold coin! 😄

I really can't see them selling enough tickets to actually offer the coin as a prize... But still, I'm a mug and I'm in 😂

If they do not give the 2kg gold coin as the prize, or if they give a lower valued prize, would this not totally destroy their reputation?  Who would ever buy a coin from them knowing that they might send a totally different coin?  They do have the coin as I have seen a YouTube video showing it.

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

If they do not give the 2kg gold coin as the prize, or if they give a lower valued prize, would this not totally destroy their reputation?  Who would ever buy a coin from them knowing that they might send a totally different coin?  They do have the coin as I have seen a YouTube video showing it.

I don't think they'll reach enough entrants, these competitions usually don't and many people will know or even expect it. They'll have factored this in and decided that the increased exposure (it's worked on me as I'd forgotten all about them, and I'm not even entering!) is worth it.

On 23/09/2021 at 09:55, Skyfiller said:

Looks like it’s free to enter by post. 

That is a legal obligation for raffles of this type.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

I have seen quite a few articles online where there has been a raffle and an unsatisfactory outcome - i.e. not enough people entered.

Better odds than the lottery but I will skip this one!

If you go to events run by companies and organisations and there are raffles for prizes, these usually have fantastic odds.  I won a week's salmon fishing in Iceland about 10 years ago in a raffle that was at a charity ball.  Tickets were a fiver and there were perhaps 300 people attending.  Thats good odds 🙂.  I fly fish so it was a perfect win.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 2 weeks later...