• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Gothic Crown - Sneak Preview?

3 hours ago, James32 said:

Think it's debit card for special releases and credit cards for bullion??

But you can just preload your account in advance to save any hassle. 

I thought it is the other way around.

For the double sov bullion 2021 (not available in Germany as everyone was awash with 2020) I was required to use my prepaid card (i.e. debit), and for all the proofs I use the credit card.

2 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

I thought it is the other way around.

For the double sov bullion 2021 (not available in Germany as everyone was awash with 2020) I was required to use my prepaid card (i.e. debit), and for all the proofs I use the credit card.

The only thing I can say is that for both the tudor beasts panther and the 2022 sovereign it was debit card for me sir.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

42 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Think yourself lucky. Some of us will just be licking the tray of crumbs from the bottom on the toaster until New Year. 😆

You can still afford a toaster? I pawned mine long ago... 😅🍞

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

9 minutes ago, matt1r said:

I think I saw an advert on fb and judging by the Sneek peak I would of thought the reverse would be first….just speculation though.

When do we think it will drop early next week?🤐😅

Sounds like either next Monday or the Monday after that.

Not sure they've announced which side is the first release, I guess it doesn't make much of a difference.

The thing to look out for is if you secure the first coin does that guarantee the second coin.

These things will sell out like hot cakes like the Three Graces but you might end up being held to ransom from secondary market prices if you get one but don't secure the other.

1 hour ago, GoldStatue said:

The thing to look out for is if you secure the first coin does that guarantee the second coin.

I wish they let us sign up for the whole series like with the tudor beast and Sovereigns, would have saved a load of stress 🤣 no option with the three graces!   

78av.gif

7 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Any speculation which coin will be first ?

Any preferences?

Lil' birds tell me it's the "Quartered Arms" (reverse). Mintage 350 for 2oz gold apparently, would be a slight hike up from the Graces (335). 🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:

Lil' birds tell me it's the "Quartered Arms" (reverse). Mintage 350 for 2oz gold apparently, would be a slight hike up from the Graces (335). 🤔

Thanks! I would take a 2oz silver right now. Got higher hopes if I can. Feel like my luck is about to run out though.

I feel nervous already 😬 

10 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Thanks! I would take a 2oz silver right now. Got higher hopes if I can. Feel like my luck is about to run out though.

I feel nervous already 😬 

Unless the RM system completely crumbles I think you'll have a very good chance for silver. If they hiked the gold mintage, they'll do the same for silver as well. It was 3510 for Graces, so imo reasonable to expect 3700 or so for silver Gothic - and they'll likely be limited to 1 / household per each denomination of the coin.

(The Three Graces design was issued in denominations of £5000 Gold Proof 5 Kilo Coin, £3000 Gold Proof 3 Kilo Coin, £2000 Gold Proof 2 Kilo Coin, £1000 Gold Proof Kilo Coin, £500 Gold Proof 5oz Coin, £200 Gold Proof 2oz Coin, £1000 Silver Proof Kilo Coin, £10 Silver Proof 10oz Coin, £10 Silver Proof 5oz Coin and a £5 Silver Proof 2oz Coin.)

That said, nervous here too - good luck! 😁

11 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Unless the RM system completely crumbles I think you'll have a very good chance for silver. If they hiked the gold mintage, they'll do the same for silver as well. It was 3510 for Graces, so imo reasonable to expect 3700 or so for silver Gothic - and they'll likely be limited to 1 / household per each denomination of the coin.

(The Three Graces design was issued in denominations of £5000 Gold Proof 5 Kilo Coin, £3000 Gold Proof 3 Kilo Coin, £2000 Gold Proof 2 Kilo Coin, £1000 Gold Proof Kilo Coin, £500 Gold Proof 5oz Coin, £200 Gold Proof 2oz Coin, £1000 Silver Proof Kilo Coin, £10 Silver Proof 10oz Coin, £10 Silver Proof 5oz Coin and a £5 Silver Proof 2oz Coin.)

That said, nervous here too - good luck! 😁

I think my experience with the recent sov has made me more concerned.

I was over 2.5k in the queue on a couple of browsers. I don't think that will leave me with much chance on this one. And this will be more in demand I expect.

Good luck to you too and everyone else who wants one.

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:

The Three Graces design was issued in denominations of £5000 Gold Proof 5 Kilo Coin, £3000 Gold Proof 3 Kilo Coin, £2000 Gold Proof 2 Kilo Coin, £1000 Gold Proof Kilo Coin, £500 Gold Proof 5oz Coin, £200 Gold Proof 2oz Coin, £1000 Silver Proof Kilo Coin, £10 Silver Proof 10oz Coin, £10 Silver Proof 5oz Coin and a £5 Silver Proof 2oz Coin.

I had no idea this denomination was released.

18 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I had no idea this denomination was released.

Yes, it's a bit odd with same denom as the 5oz. 🤷‍♂️

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.18.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.20.43 am.png

19 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Ah okay that makes sense.

It looks like the 10oz was a piedfort - would’ve been nicer with a larger diameter than the 5 Oz I think. 🙂 

Saves the RM money using the size diameter dies and just making the coin thicker.  I’d like to see bigger diameter coin for the money, had both the 5oz and 10oz completer QB and the 10oz was the underwhelming as it was the same size.  I’d want it a wide as a dustbin lid!😂

On 24/11/2021 at 05:03, jultorsk said:

BIG hike up from the Una which was 225 I believe. I wonder where the tipping point is?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

13 minutes ago, Piperscoins said:

I think the demand will be high for all coins so any hike in mintage wont make any difference. 

It's interesting. Not sure which collectors might be looking to complete a 2oz gold set of the Great engravers (ones with deep pockets I imagine). Perhaps this will have the effect of increasing demand on the earlier releases. Or perhaps it won't !

1 hour ago, Piperscoins said:

I think the demand will be high for all coins so any hike in mintage wont make any difference. 

Im sure demand will be high enough but I'm certain increased supply will have a negative effect on future prices.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024