• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Gothic Crown - Sneak Preview?

Hey, out of California here. I saw earlier you were having currency issues on the RM site. You likely have set yourself up for USD under the bullion (investment) side of Rm. They run it like a completely separate business. You'll want to create an account just for commemorative coins and pay by CC in GBP. Get a CC that will provide no fee international purchases, many do, but check that yours does, and then go purchase something small. It will save your card details and as long as no other bugs on the RM site, you'll be primed and ready to go with a saved card when it matters most on launch day. Feel free to post any more questions you have, happy to pass on what we've learned the hard way. 

Mostly, just enjoy the time zone difference and doing all this late as night as the Brits get to enjoy their morning launches and we're just waiting to go to sleep ;)

On 15/11/2021 at 22:38, MintCollectionsImports said:

Hey, out of California here. I saw earlier you were having currency issues on the RM site. You likely have set yourself up for USD under the bullion (investment) side of Rm. They run it like a completely separate business. You'll want to create an account just for commemorative coins and pay by CC in GBP. Get a CC that will provide no fee international purchases, many do, but check that yours does, and then go purchase something small. It will save your card details and as long as no other bugs on the RM site, you'll be primed and ready to go with a saved card when it matters most on launch day. Feel free to post any more questions you have, happy to pass on what we've learned the hard way. 

Mostly, just enjoy the time zone difference and doing all this late as night as the Brits get to enjoy their morning launches and we're just waiting to go to sleep ;)

Thanks for the helpful info. It appears I messed up by setting it to USD. I figured that’s what I needed being from America. I will try that out with a small purchase since I’m sure that will help out tremendously having a saved address and credit card.

So one more question. Do you recommend adding the products to your cart on a limited release like the Great Engravers and then signing into your account or signing into your account first? Some on here have said it helps you a lot more adding it to your cart while you are not signed in. What’s the difference and is there and advantage to one way or another? I thought it would make more sense to sign in right away to save yourself some time before the race starts.

1 hour ago, dirt94 said:

So one more question. Do you recommend adding the products to your cart on a limited release like the Great Engravers and then signing into your account or signing into your account first? Some on here have said it helps you a lot more adding it to your cart while you are not signed in. What’s the difference and is there and advantage to one way or another? I thought it would make more sense to sign in right away to save yourself some time before the race starts.

As far as I can see, logging on to the RM site and getting the most sought after coins quickly in these hectic releases is a bit of a lottery. Anyone who has a fool proof system for getting to the front of the queue for the next Engravers release isn't going to post it on here!😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

22 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

As far as I can see, logging on to the RM site and getting the most sought after coins quickly in these hectic releases is a bit of a lottery. Anyone who has a fool proof system for getting to the front of the queue for the next Engravers release isn't going to post it on here!😉

Shh.. I'm counting on @paulmertondoing the right thing again 😁👍

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

14 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Shh.. I'm counting on @paulmertondoing the right thing again 😁👍

I doubt the RM website people will screw up again next time but you never know. Knowing how incompetent they are I wouldn't be surprised for the coins to be orderable from midnight!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I doubt the RM website people will screw up again next time but you never know. Knowing how incompetent they are I wouldn't be surprised for the coins to be orderable from midnight!

Quite true. Let's stay vigilant! 😁

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

Does anyone know if the queue is completely random ?

I had 3 browsers for the sov. 2 of them went in around 2500 in queue, one of them around 80. There was a difference with that one, bit I suspect its luck or random ?

Edit . I mean random vs when you join the queue for example

Edited by NewCoins

5 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Does anyone know if the queue is completely random ?

I had 3 browsers for the sov. 2 of them went in around 2500 in queue, one of them around 80. There was a difference with that one, bit I suspect its luck or random ?

Edit . I mean random vs when you join the queue for example

what browser went in at around 80? asking for a friend.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

8 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

what browser went in at around 80? asking for a friend.

They were all chrome!

It's just there were a few other differences with this particular one.  They may have been irrelevant especially if it is completely random.

friend says he can help by making experiment more statistically significant

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

If you use a mobile and have a laptop..log in using 2 different browsers...one might get you through quicker...that's what I do and it has worked..but really it's down to the amount of people logging in at the same time..and more importantly RM's servers and software as this is a continuous problem on release day and the RM havnt updated their technology since 886 AD, well need I say more 😄😄😄😄

18 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Not a specific date. But most definitely in December.

I’d say likely around Dec 6 as that will give them 2 weeks to deal with the onslaught of orders before Christmas vacation week starts. 😬

It would be fun if it was Christmas day,could you imagine the chaos...😆😆😆

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Not a specific date. But most definitely in December.

I’d say likely around Dec 6 as that will give them 2 weeks to deal with the onslaught of orders before Christmas vacation week starts. 😬

Yes, it is likely in the first week of December.

20 minutes ago, Piperscoins said:

Any idea on mintages, i would think after last time the RM will increase mintages this time around.

I hope they don’t. Collectors are after rare items not mass produced items. At least that’s my opinion. Take it for what it’s worth.