• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Gothic Crown - Sneak Preview?

8 hours ago, NewCoins said:

3am cst I reckon. But you will want to join the queue before that.

So does a person have to join the queue the night before or like 1/2 hr before? Sorry these may sound like stupid questions I just missed out on the first two coins and I’d like to try and get one of these.

6 hours ago, dirt94 said:

So does a person have to join the queue the night before or like 1/2 hr before? Sorry these may sound like stupid questions I just missed out on the first two coins and I’d like to try and get one of these.

Go to the website about an hour before and refresh the page every so often; the queue normally starts at 8.45am (GMT) but the last engravers it was earlier than this. Once in the queue just wait and pray to the Gods that you ain’t 1267935th in the queue when you finally enter the site 

So is anyone here purchasing coins from America? I created an account and when I login and try to purchase a coin it tells me something along the line of that currency is not available for me. If I checkout as a guest I can use my credit card just fine but I fear checking out as a guest may take to long for this coin issue.

3 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

Go to the website about an hour before and refresh the page every so often; the queue normally starts at 8.45am (GMT) but the last engravers it was earlier than this. Once in the queue just wait and pray to the Gods that you ain’t 1267935th in the queue when you finally enter the site 

Thank you! How soon before Monday morning does a person know that it is the Monday when they are being released?

4 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

Thank you! How soon before Monday morning does a person know that it is the Monday when they are being released?

Sometimes it’s a surprise release. Sometimes not.

In this case those who registered their interest on the website received an email today that the release is on Monday at 9 am.

50 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Sometimes it’s a surprise release. Sometimes not.

In this case those who registered their interest on the website received an email today that the release is on Monday at 9 am.

That’s weird. I registered my interest but did not get an email. I’ve heard that in the past the email was very hit or miss who received them.

47 minutes ago, BertDeBoer said:

Would anybody please be so kind to post a picture of the email? I had registered myself but have not received the email unfortunately. Much appricated. Thanks, Bert.

Looks like you and I were in the same boat.

Is it possible that there's some sort of mix up here?  🤔

The next Great Engravers release email has not come yet.  The 2022 Sovereign email just came and the release is on Monday 15th Nov @ 9am GMT.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

21 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Is it possible that there's some sort of mix up here?  🤔

The next Great Engravers release email has not come yet.  The 2022 Sovereign email just came and the release is on Monday 15th Nov @ 9am GMT.

I’m thinking someone maybe gave us bad intel then. I was inquiring about the Great Engravers coins but the one that responded may have been talking about something else.

8 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

I’m thinking someone maybe gave us bad intel then. I was inquiring about the Great Engravers coins but the one that responded may have been talking about something else.

All eyes are on the 2022 Sov release and there's a flurry of threads ongoing - it's a big deal because of the Jubilee special anniversary design and there's a lot of excitement. So maybe just mixed messages in a hurry. 

I would not expect to see the Great Engravers release email before the end of November earliest - and you'll surely notice it on the forum too, it's another hugely anticipated release 😉

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

25 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

I would not expect to see the Great Engravers release email before the end of November earliest - and you'll surely notice it on the forum too, it's another hugely anticipated release 😉

Yes - this ^^^^^^

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

7 hours ago, dirt94 said:

That’s weird. I registered my interest but did not get an email. I’ve heard that in the past the email was very hit or miss who received them.

Sorry. My bad. The “someone” who passed on misinformation is me. 

42 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

That “someone” is yours truly. My apologies. I was referring to the email about the 2022 Sovereign and its release on Monday. I got confused about which topic I was posting in.

There’s been no email (that I know of) for the Gothic Crown.

11 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Sorry. My bad. The “someone” who passed on misinformation is me. 

That “someone” is yours truly. My apologies. I was referring to the email about the 2022 Sovereign and its release on Monday. I got confused about which topic I was posting in.

There’s been no email (that I know of) for the Gothic Crown.

No worries man! I was just confused as why I didn’t get an email. Are the Sovereigns really hot releases? I thought they were mass produced in large quantities.

3 hours ago, dirt94 said:

No worries man! I was just confused as why I didn’t get an email. Are the Sovereigns really hot releases? I thought they were mass produced in large quantities.

The proof sovs have a limited mintage and usually sell out in days if not hours. For special years like the 2022 which have special designs, they are certainly in much more demand than the normal years and could sell out in minutes.

The bullion sovs have an unlimited mintage, so even if the 2022 bullion sov has the special design, I won’t be jumping to buy it yet since I’ll have a year more to do so.

27 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The proof sovs have a limited mintage and usually sell out in days if not hours. For special years like the 2022 which have special designs, they are certainly in much more demand than the normal years and could sell out in minutes.

The bullion sovs have an unlimited mintage, so even if the 2022 bullion sov has the special design, I won’t be jumping to buy it yet since I’ll have a year more to do so.

I didn’t know they were that sought after. I wish you the best of luck in purchasing them Monday!