• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

11 minutes ago, oddball said:

its too small to tell. its a bit of a busy design for the size. i had to weigh it. make sure they didnt send me a half sov. it looks smaller. it was right 

They say all good things come in small packages right lol. This one looks a beaut and I can't wait to see mine in person. The design is a busy one, looks great on close up pictures. I'm hoping my piedfort will have a deeper relief like the jubilee one to help make it stand out. The 5 sovs will look immense to the naked eye. 

28 minutes ago, oddball said:

its too small to tell. its a bit of a busy design for the size. i had to weigh it. make sure they didnt send me a half sov. it looks smaller. it was right though.

Great these are coming through.

So general sentiment seems to be lovely coin up close but very busy especially from a distance? I think the double and quintuple will be beautiful however I'm not so certain about the half and quarter. 

Still, I'm very excited to see them in hand 

6 minutes ago, oddball said:

i see britannia coin company have sold 7 on ebay in the last 5 days for 785. hopefully it does well. 

Funny how they took their time to sell at original rrp while the getting was good. Now people are already paying a higher price since they stopped and they're finally making it out into the wild. 

2 hours ago, oddball said:

its too small to tell. its a bit of a busy design for the size. i had to weigh it. make sure they didnt send me a half sov. it looks smaller. it was right though.

With respect - rubbish photos!, which might account for the comments so far!😭

I was looking at pictures on the today I recieved thread and, I'm not sure why I didn't see it before, well, is it just me or does the lion look a bit camp? That's a very limp wrist/paw.

Nothing wrong with that of course, I respect its right to live as it pleases without judgement but I can't unsee it now

1 minute ago, apachebleu said:

I was looking at pictures on the today I recieved thread and, I'm not sure why I didn't see it before, well, is it just me or does the lion look a bit camp? That's a very limp wrist/paw.

Nothing wrong with that of course, I respect its right to live as it pleases without judgement but I can't unsee it now

At least it's not anorexic like the 2022 QEII

1 minute ago, apachebleu said:

He's a lion with a crown on. He was never going to be the straightest of creatures 😂

4 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Yup.... my thoughts exactly. Maybe It identifies as a Kangaroo which could explain the weird pose 🤷🤣

4 minutes ago, SiCole said:

He's a lion with a crown on. He was never going to be the straightest of creatures 😂

Yeah, and to be fair the plural of lions is a pride

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Yup.... my thoughts exactly. Maybe It identifies as a Kangaroo which could explain the weird pose 🤷🤣

Perhaps, I just hope we can all support its right to choose and respect its decisions.

4 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Yeah, and to be fair the plural of lions is a pride

Perhaps, I just hope we can all support its right to choose and respect its decisions.

Well.... if it looks like a lion but acts like a Kangaroo......do we call it a lioroo?

6 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Well.... if it looks like a lion but acts like a Kangaroo......do we call it a lioroo?

I fear that if we tread too far down the path of speculating on a name for this fabulous beast we could all end up in trouble.

3 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I fear that if we tread too far down the path of speculating on a name for this fabulous beast we could all end up in trouble.

Most likely.... its all in jest though. No need for anyone to take things too literally or start the cancel culture mob on anyone. Aren't we all just trying to figure out life and strange lion behaviour. No fabulous beasts were harmed. 

Edited by Mtaybar

Just now, blackadder said:

I cancelled the full sovereign,which was the one they took a month to refund me.

So what did you get and what's the real life verdict??

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just to add that I’m really pleased with my new Sov and hope others will be as well. Commiserations to any one who changed their mind! Just one more obverse photo - slightly better I think than my last.

8B161682-DB70-4261-A712-30DD135891F4.jpeg

Edited by Britannia47

17 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Just to add that I’m really pleased with my new Sov and hope others will be as well. Commiserations to any one who changed their mind! Just one more obverse photo - slightly better I think than my last.

8B161682-DB70-4261-A712-30DD135891F4.jpeg

Best obverse pic yet! Looks great, mine should be arriving tomorrow, can't wait!

47 minutes ago, andrewse said:

Woop so mine arrived today - the sov.. :) - wonder when the res of the stuff will come..

image.thumb.jpeg.04f469fda5f0544df7a01b7519235b14.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9f28bedb6bea6adc229d56c137f6c652.jpeg

SAM_5312.JPG

Looks amazing. Can't wait to get mine. So happy a lot of us took the plunge and share the journey together here on the forum.

Theres not even been one arrive damaged or capsule open (yet !?) Have RM changed their ways ??? 

The photos of the coins look great.  Well done to everyone who already has their coins.

I've had no notification yet about my BU quintuple sov being dispatched.  Anyone else waiting on a BU quintuple?

6 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

The photos of the coins look great.  Well done to everyone who already has their coins.

I've had no notification yet about my BU quintuple sov being dispatched.  Anyone else waiting on a BU quintuple?

All I've heard is that they're  aiming to get them all out by mid February. Thats all the sets and singles included. I called the mint and that's what they told me. Hopefully that happens. 🤞