• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

Just now, JamesH said:

Flippers…or as I like to think of them, the ‘Daleys and Delboys’ (and that’s a compliment, I’m a big fan of both) 👍🏼

If it wasn't for flippers nothing would happen or ever appreciate.

We are ALL flippers, we just have different timescales 

Some a credit card billing date period, some will be multi generational gap 

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

If it wasn't for flippers nothing would happen or ever appreciate.

We are ALL flippers, we just have different timescales 

Some a credit card billing date period, some will be multi generational gap 

Yep, 100% agree. My planned timeline is longer but have already moved little bits and pieces on here and there. I hope to be able to pass things on in the long run but it’s there to call on as and when needed so by very definition is meant to be cashed in/flipped, at an as yet undetermined point in the future

4 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

I was looking. Couldn’t see one sold. Not as popular as I thought it would be. 

That baby that no one wants to be left holding... think this might be it.

The Stars are aligned, umpteen "numismatic" releases, increased mintages, cost of stacking crisis, Tesco meal deal increase etc etc

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

I'd be delighted if they stay unsold and all end up in the pot. Mintages slashed in a heartbeat...

Seriously, I think this will do well in due course, like it or not, this is the first sovereign with the new king. It is a piece of history.

... and the fact I might be able to get enough together for another 😆

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

Might be still too early to tell whether this release will prove to be a winner or a flop, but as a relative newcomer, one thing I would query is how has the PR/communications campaign for this release been handled compared to previous releases?

As someone who works in mar/comms I was surprised about the relatively short lead-time from announcement and the fairly sparse promotion on social media channels. This could be pretty standard so perhaps I'm wide of the mark as I have no professional experience in the marketing of numismatics / RM collectibles.

For me, the marketing - whilst clearly reaching its core audience (i.e. TSF) - does seem very low key. 

Edited by R33f

Well when the eyes are off the prizes,

I've been offered and closed a Pf70 2022 jubilee full  sovereign in the past hour for £870 for a quick sale.

A Good rep, past sales,immediate payment stands you in good stead with people you make a positive impression on 

£870 I didn't plan on spending but it's being a market maker. Someone needing/happy to sell, someone happy to buy  :)

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Well when the eyes are off the prizes,

I've been offered and closed a Pf70 2022 jubilee full  sovereign in the past hour for £870 for a quick sale.

A Good rep, past sales,immediate payment stands you in good stead with people you make a positive impression on 

£870 I didn't plan on spending but it's being a market maker. Someone needing/happy to sell, someone happy to buy  :)

Would you like to sell it? 😂

14 minutes ago, SiCole said:

Instead of all the negativity, what’s everybody actually spent all their hard earned on today and now looking forward to getting?

My plan was to have a look but instead I bought:

2 x 3 coin sets

2 x 1 Sovereigns

2 x half sovereigns. 

Still might add a bigger set but have been on the edge