• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

2 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

I’d have an outside bet on the Queen Consort, but she’s more likely to come into play at the Coronation.

Not going to put anyone other than a sovereign on a sovereign are they?🤔🫢no doubt they will think of something to put them both on for a coronation special😮

20 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

I prefer to leave it to technology, it's never failed me yet. Knowing my luck my PC will crash.

2022-11-14_17-51.png

…..BREAKING NEWS…..

In an unprecedented step, the Welsh First Minister has just announced that all clocks in Wales (especially SheepStacker’s) are to be turned back by 1 hour tonight for reasons not yet specified. Apple will automatically adjust its own devices as usual. The sole exception to this ruling will be the Royal Mint as I’ve just remembered it’s in Wales too 😁

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Not to phish on the collective parade of excitement prior to tomorrow's launch, but is there  anyone buying nothing tomorrow???

giving the release a wide berth given the increased RRP and mintage

Continued manufacturing quality issues

or simply not playing ball with RM  no more ?? 

Fewer actual number of people buying this time round because of financial reasons but plenty of maybe even more flippers. Lower mintage and sets sells quickly, sovereigns with 17,500 mintage may be around for a couple of weeks. I don't count myself as a hardcore Royal Mint commemorative buyer so this releaes has rather less hold on me.

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

Not to phish on the collective parade of excitement prior to tomorrow's launch, but is there  anyone buying nothing tomorrow???

I am having a pause. Buying nothing tomorrow. Had quality issues with missing gold frosting on 2 oz gold gothic crown, wrong COA for a 2 oz silver proof coin, RM issues with delays etc. 

6 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Fewer actual number of people buying this time round because of financial reasons but plenty of maybe even more flippers. Lower mintage and sets sells quickly, sovereigns with 17,500 mintage may be around for a couple of weeks. I don't count myself as a hardcore Royal Mint commemorative buyer so this releaes has rather less hold on me.

The sets went quick enough last year but single and halfs were around for a while. Certainly not an instant sell out. Now a significant increase in top 

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think everyone should not buy tomorrow so they will have to bring the prices down :)

3 hours ago, SheepStacker said:

I prefer to leave it to technology, it's never failed me yet. Knowing my luck my PC will crash.

2022-11-14_17-51.png

I find that some browsers automatically change to the queue page, whereas others require a manual refresh. I use a similar set up to you, but have little faith because of what I just mentioned. My plan tomorrow is 4 browser windows on auto refresh, but I sat there from 6am last time and people turning on 2hrs later ended up ahead of me. There is no reasoning to their system. 

3 minutes ago, BiigT said:

I find that some browsers automatically change to the queue page, whereas others require a manual refresh. I use a similar set up to you, but have little faith because of what I just mentioned. My plan tomorrow is 4 browser windows on auto refresh, but I sat there from 6am last time and people turning on 2hrs later ended up ahead of me. There is no reasoning to their system. 

Yes. Same thing happened for me..there's not much reason or planning to it. Think it's very much just luck of the draw 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Could of pre-ordered the 1 sov/half sov/piedfort but all the sets had gone.

No interest in anything other than a 4 coin set minimum, so I will log on for a laugh as I'm unlikely to get one. I'm more here for the mania now and the complaints at this stage 😆 

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Could of pre-ordered the 1 sov/half sov/piedfort but all the sets had gone.

No interest in anything other than a 4 coin set minimum, so I will log on for a laugh as I'm unlikely to get one. I'm more here the the mania now and the complaints at this stage 😆 

Yeah, five set or four set tomorrow for me. Not really arsed if I don't get anything. It's nice to be debt free again and not be subservient to a monthly bill. Will or would be nice to get one tomorrow, but may just have to pick a few graded 70s in next 18 months here and there when cash is available. Don't like being in debt but it's nice to borrow at 0%apr but it'd still borrowing:( rant over lol 

Well, by lunchtime tomorrow, everyone on here will be either moaning about the RM queue system, or flashing off all the stuff they’ve bought. Either way it will keep everyone going until the normal 2023 sovereigns come out. 🤔😮🫣

When Father Xmas from the RM comes down the internet chimney at 9 am tomorrow I for one will not be waiting in a Q with the rest of you TSF sheep-like sovereign addicts. No way Jose! I can think for myself. I will not panic when I find myself at number 16,999 with all you flippers/stackers and other greedy b......s having already ordered your expensive gold toys!  No Sir. I will wait with dignity and decorum.......Must go, have to get up early in the morning😃!!

Edited by Britannia47

2 hours ago, Paul said:

You'll be sorry later that you didn't get one, I think. Although it might take a while to sell out 17,000 sovs... but there will surely be a high demand. I don't think for that price you can lose on this sovereign in the long term.