• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

3 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Lucky you. I was in from 8.30am, 1600th in the queue, sat until 9.40 and dont even have my sovereign yet! Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

You think that's bad I'm still in the ukin queue!!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Lucky you. I was in from 8.30am, 1600th in the queue, sat until 9.40 and dont even have my sovereign yet! Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Same here…Since that was my first time in the RM Monday madness I did plenty of mistakes during the buying process but RM is also not helping in delivery…my order is dispatched but not arrived yet…;( 

I just hope that they don’t mess it up in quality assurance…:) 

35 minutes ago, papi1980 said:

Same here…Since that was my first time in the RM Monday madness I did plenty of mistakes during the buying process but RM is also not helping in delivery…my order is dispatched but not arrived yet…;( 

I just hope that they don’t mess it up in quality assurance…:) 

First time for.me too. My order is still open, payment pending. Really hope it gets sorted next week. Not overly impressed with the process so far.

My 3 Coin set is still an 'open' order. I spoke to them and they said all was fine, but it's slightly frustrating it's not even showing closed. 

RE the marks - unless you're grading them, the set with the marks will be worth just as much as the set without them if you sell them. Morally speaking it's not the way to act, but it should give people some peace of mind that it shouldn't matter in years to come. 

1 minute ago, BiigT said:

My 3 Coin set is still an 'open' order. I spoke to them and they said all was fine, but it's slightly frustrating it's not even showing closed. 

RE the marks - unless you're grading them, the set with the marks will be worth just as much as the set without them if you sell them. Morally speaking it's not the way to act, but it should give people some peace of mind that it shouldn't matter in years to come. 

Totally agree sir....🙂

I am in two minds now about what to do...my double has a small scratch but the rest seem perfect.

I'm going abroad next week for a while so if I get a replacement set I can't personally check it, the missus has a good eye and has said she is happy to check the new set...but she has no idea how much these cost and just how closely they must be inspected...and I'd rather not tell her! 

I do feel uncomfortable putting that responsibility on her especially when I know there is a really good chance I end up getting BackyardBullions returned set.

So...do I take the hit on one slightly scratched coin or chance getting an even worse set?

We all know this will be a great investment item but will a single scratch on the double ruin the set? Hope I don't sound like a flipper but these are long term investments and I don't want to mug myself off....part of me thinks its better to just take the refund and have the money in the bank for a shot at the gothic crown.

Basically would you keep a 5 coin set with a small scratch on the double?

6 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I am in two minds now about what to do...my double has a small scratch but the rest seem perfect.

I'm going abroad next week for a while so if I get a replacement set I can't personally check it, the missus has a good eye and has said she is happy to check the new set...but she has no idea how much these cost and just how closely they must be inspected...and I'd rather not tell her! 

I do feel uncomfortable putting that responsibility on her especially when I know there is a really good chance I end up getting BackyardBullions returned set.

So...do I take the hit on one slightly scratched coin or chance getting an even worse set?

We all know this will be a great investment item but will a single scratch on the double ruin the set? Hope I don't sound like a flipper but these are long term investments and I don't want to mug myself off....part of me thinks its better to just take the refund and have the money in the bank for a shot at the gothic crown.

Maybe you should have been honest and told your wife how much you paid for the set?? 🙄🙄😆😆😆😆

3 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

if i owned the 5 set a scratched double is a small sacrifice to have a good 5 sovereign quintuple 

i have the 3 set and my sacrifice is the chipped 1/4

4 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Maybe you should have been honest and told your wife how much you paid for the set?? 🙄🙄😆😆😆😆

Could have done but I still buy second hand clothes and only shop in the reduced aisle of the supermarket....admitting I spent 5 grand on some coins would kind of shatter the illusion that I'm poor

Just now, magpie79 said:

if i owned the 5 set a scratched double is a small sacrifice to have a good 5 sovereign quintuple 

At the end of the day maybe 40% will be perfect,and just what you ordered and expect from the RM......But that's never the case..just read the threads on here to ascertain who!!!! Has got a perfect set and those who are returning theirs because they are not happy with the quality and their purchases.....in around 2 weeks we will have the same comments,disappointment,threads....  and problems when the Victorian Gothic Crown gets released.......................😫😫😫😫🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱😲😲

What would people rather do if they had the option to: buy the 5 coin set and hope to get a clean “perfect” set? Or buy as many full and half sovereigns as they can, to grade and in the future trade for a pf70 £5 and double sovereigns to complete the set?

7 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

I think down the line the quintuple will pay for the rest of the set but it does pain me to know that I would potentially lose a lot of money on that double. 

It's probably worth it I guess, I've been lucky enough to get what I have and putting that responsibility on someone who doesn't really understand the value of what they are dealing with seems unfair

1 minute ago, foinikas said:

What would people rather do if they had the option to: buy the 5 coin set and hope to get a clean “perfect” set? Or buy as many full and half sovereigns as they can, to grade and in the future trade for a pf70 £5 and double sovereigns to complete the set?

Personally I'd just keep what I receive.  Chances are sending them back you might possibly get a replacement from someone who is also unhappy with their coin or sets that they have returned which could be inferior to the ones you have returned...its a dilemma,and a gamble you might receive something better than the coins you send back!!!!!! Then again you might receive something inferior.....

4 minutes ago, foinikas said:

If it was the full or half I wouldn't actually be too bothered because they can be replaced.

You make an interesting point though, I think there will be very few perfect pf70 5 coin sets and maybe your plan is the safest. If I could replace the single coin it would be a no brained but we need to replace the full set

2 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Personally I'd just keep what I receive.  Chances are sending them back you might possibly get a replacement from someone who is also unhappy with their coin or sets that they have returned which could be inferior to the ones you have returned...its a dilemma,and a gamble you might receive something better than the coins you send back!!!!!! Then again you might receive something inferior.....

Your right, if I could inspect them myself i would send them back but seeing as I can't then I think just keeping what I have may be safer

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

Is it visible to the naked eye? Through a high powered lense you can probably see any tiny imperfection on any coin you look at to be honest. A "small" scratch not visible to the naked eye on one coin wouldn't put me off a 4 or 5 coin set if the others are in perfect or near as perfect as you can expect.

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

I think down the line the quintuple will pay for the rest of the set but it does pain me to know that I would potentially lose a lot of money on that double. 

It's probably worth it I guess, I've been lucky enough to get what I have and putting that responsibility on someone who doesn't really understand the value of what they are dealing with seems unfair

Sounds like the real question is 

gain a double or potentially lose the wife if things go wrong 😂 

58 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Is it visible to the naked eye? Through a high powered lense you can probably see any tiny imperfection on any coin you look at to be honest. A "small" scratch not visible to the naked eye on one coin wouldn't put me off a 4 or 5 coin set if the others are in perfect or near as perfect as you can expect.

It's visible, very much so sadly, not a huge ding but you can't miss it

20211119_153713.jpg

32 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

It's visible, very much so sadly, not a huge ding but you can't miss it

20211119_153713.jpg

That's a pretty obvious dink isn't it. I'm not sure what I'd do to be honest. Tough call but it definitely shouldn't pass their QC!