• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

I’ll are do with the one in the 2024 coin set🤔

Didn’t pick up a set and the RNLI 50p was the only one I really wanted. Hopefully the RM won’t put to much of a premium on it but I doubt that very much!

5 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

Didn’t pick up a set and the RNLI 50p was the only one I really wanted. Hopefully the RM won’t put to much of a premium on it but I doubt that very much!

All their prices went up a couple of weeks ago so even the cupro bunc 50p will be £12 now. The silver proof will probably be £61, or £71 if coloured. I wonder if the annual sets will be the only way to get certain coins without colour.

Royal Mint - Bond Films of the 1980s

Not sure I'd have picked Octopussy as the film to highlight that decade.  Thought they'd have chosen the Vantage V8 from Living Daylights.  Oh well.

BOND FILMS OF THE 1980s

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

2 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Royal Mint - Bond Films of the 1980s

Not sure I'd have picked Octopussy as the film to highlight that decade.  Thought they'd have chosen the Vantage V8 from Living Daylights.  Oh well.

BOND FILMS OF THE 1980s

They did that on one of the 2020 coins.

9 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

... or was that a DB5 🤔

It was the DB5.

But then they did Wet Nelly on the 2020 coin and the recent 1970s coin.

My guess is either Aston Martin boycotted it (if they could), or it was too complex a design to replicate. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Charliemouse

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

1 minute ago, Charliemouse said:

It was the DB5.

But then they did Wet Nelly on the 2020 coin and the recent 1970s coin.

My guess is neither Aston Martin had boycotted it (if they could), or it was too complex a design to replicate.

🤷‍♂️

From their internal design competitions, I bet there is a Vantage V8 trial piece in their museum now!

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

From their internal design competitions, I bet there is a Vantage V8 trial piece in their museum now!

Missed an opportunity to get a Dalton film in there.

1990's has to be Brosnan.  So maybe the tank from Goldeneye or the motorbike from Tomorrow Never Dies.

Please not the invisible Vanquish from Die Another Day for the 00's.

Edited by Charliemouse

I just wish RM would give bars a monetary value, so you don't get hit with CGT.

I wonder if that's within their own powers, or legislation - I never thought about it and so avoid bars now.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

What are you saving your money for from the upcoming Royal Mint releases?

New Una & The Lion

US & RM Britannia/Liberty Colab

Pistrucci Great Engravers 

2024 Individual Derivitive coins

I'm hoping to pick up one of each but I doubt I have the fund capacity to do so!

Priority wise I have Pstrucci at the top of the list! Not sure about the rest

4 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

What are you saving your money for from the upcoming Royal Mint releases?

New Una & The Lion

US & RM Britannia/Liberty Colab

Pistrucci Great Engravers 

2024 Individual Derivitive coins

I'm hoping to pick up one of each but I doubt I have the fund capacity to do so!

Priority wise I have Pstrucci at the top of the list! Not sure about the rest

For me I'm only want the Una and the Lion but that depends on the design. Was legit looking to get one from ebay. I was also planning to get myself a 1 kilo queen beast completer coin but look like my money going to be going to the Una and the Lion

Interesting Kangaroo. The kangaroo itself looks very good. I just wish there was more to the background. OveralI  it's solid but not spectacular. It feels a little too similar to the 2022 in terms of how the Kangaroo is positioned.

Edited by AgCoyote

10 hours ago, Petra said:

Mint getting desperate? Lowered the price of the new 1oz silver James Bond!🤔😮

Great kangaroo…. pity about the king’s portrait!🤔😮

10 hours ago, artalien said:

Must be anti monarchy at the mint

1 hour ago, AgCoyote said:

Interesting Kangaroo. The kangaroo itself looks very good. I just wish there was more to the background. OveralI  it's solid but not spectacular. It feels a little too similar to the 2022 in terms of how the Kangaroo is positioned.

The roo side is decent, better than 2023 one, the effigy is c**p Charlie boy looks like a blindman