• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

5 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Hoping my PF69 Silver Una does well in next month's CC Auction, even coins in holders can spot so I have to sell at these prices, prices seem to be on the rise so let's see what else we can sell Coinster's.

I suspect most will spot in the end. Holders just seem to slow the process. Hopefully you'll get a great result at the next auction!

Might be worth saying as the prices raised by the CC sale today were pretty strong that if you do want to consign something special to CC (I consigned the PF70 for ADK1080) then please PM me asap as bookings for some coins are running a month or perhaps longer in advance.

• Founder & Administrator
4 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Might be worth saying as the prices raised by the CC sale today were pretty strong that if you do want to consign something special to CC (I consigned the PF70 for ADK1080) then please PM me asap as bookings for some coins are running a month or perhaps longer in advance.

@Numistacker please keep your own sales posts strictly to your sub forum.

Members can also consign directly to The Coin Cabinet should they wish.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Congratulations to the Una's sellers, These results are outstanding ! :) 

Both the silver and Gold Unas are the clear winners but the silver 70 is clearly well ahead with a hefty x30 in 9 months ! Not bad !  The Gold Una though the  sold price is outstanding,  is second with  x15, followed by the 69 silver Una with a more than honorable x13 !!

Though the august auction (Heritage) was the catalizer of exploding prices with a Silver Una 70 sold at  +£ 10000, I notice that  silver prices are more erratic and moreover almost 2 times lower today, while  the gold Una prices are steadily rising.

No hasty conclusion for the future of course, but a remark.  

Edited by Frenchie

I keep up on this thread and still hate that i sent my silver back due to marks. It was one of the nicest coins I had as well. But thats royal mint quality for you. The price on the gold is unreal @Paul

I don't know if you are like me but usually when you can make a profit its really hard because you are attached to it now.

If not even better though :)

3 hours ago, Numistacker said:

It makes total sense to do this as you’re both in London (area) and it saves on P&P back and forth and also all the risk that goes with that.

If I get any decent results I’ll be in touch 😉 Hopefully you don’t post them all immediately back to the submitters the same day. Boxes and COAs can follow etc. 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

4 hours ago, GrahamDiamond said:

I had some success lately in Removing what looked like a Milk Spot on a James Bond Silver Proof Coin, the coin came up as new, I was very very careful using my process Coinster's. 

So what would be ones process for coin spotting ? 

Tiny drop of Goddards silver polish, tooth pick and a small amount of tissue. Place a tiny amount of the polish on the milk spot using your tooth pick and tissue, no rubbing, gently soak the solution back into the tissue. The key is to use a  miniscule amount of polish. Be gentle and careful, you may get great result's as I did Coinster. Once the coin has spotted, you can sell cheap or try to conserve. You need a very steady hand so do not attempt this after a heavy drinking session Coinster's. You may come up with your own idea, worth doing something when a expensive coin is spotting.

26 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Appreciate the genuine reply @GrahamDiamond

I will definitely be trying that

But I think I will be cutting my teeth on me nan’s silverware first! 

good luck with ya una 

Good idea, it is rewarding when it goes right I suppose. I was just lucky I tried and it worked, It could go wrong then the coin is only good for melting. Practice is a good idea on something you are not concerned about losing value. Have a go and see if it work's for you Coinster.

Could be a different ball game with the next in the series if they get a portion graded at pf70. we have enough members on this forum to clear them out of the entire stock if they do or they dont lol..and if they grade a portion as PF70 then the scarcity value is going to be hit. It will be madness on release day. They will sell in seconds due to the value una went to but i suspect the second in the series will not have anything like the same uplift in value. Either way the world is watching and waiting to pounce, the wait to get onto the site will be ages and people will be buying as many as they can lay their hands on.  Coin dealers that acquire these will just sit on them i guess - silly prices right out the gate. 

Good luck all, we all need it.

Edited by Madstacks

2 minutes ago, Fivepoundfred said:

Not sure if the RM would attempt to grade these ?  I know they are intending to grade some of the upcoming Queens 95th birthday range but i don't know which coins specifically.

Considering the prices pf70 are commanding they would be mad not too?