• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

13 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Yep indeed. Although the silver one is also doing really well, proportionately. A PF70 silver proof sold on Ebay a few days ago for £1,275. We will see this weekend what the single PF70 silver does on the Coin Cabinet auction...

I actually got £1175 👍. To good to pass up.

19 hours ago, Paul said:

One here might come to market if it hits six figures like the original ! :) 

£100000  or £999999  ?  😄 

I hope you will not regret to sell it too early Paul !  😁

Edited by Frenchie

11 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

:) i'm more than happy with how things are set now, if it holds value at £20,000 thats fab

If the profit is 'locked in' so to speak and unlikley to fall below £20,000 ( the next 4-5 auction sales should cement the assumed market value) im quite happy to just keep holding and holding

Would be great if we saw the next couple that come to auction, edge higher.  But who knows 

9 hours ago, Frenchie said:

8 hours ago, Paul said:

:) i'm more than happy with how things are set now, if it holds value at £20,000 thats fab

If the profit is 'locked in' so to speak and unlikley to fall below £20,000 ( the next 4-5 auction sales should cement the assumed market value) im quite happy to just keep holding and holding

Would be great if we saw the next couple that come to auction, edge higher.  But who knows 

Did either of you grade your gold una out of interest? 

no last min bidding frenzy - £1400 hammer price 

Does anyone think these constant consistant higher prices in the 2oz silver coins, will have positive on effect on the 2oz gold coin's value  ?

{just asking for a friend} 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Does anyone think these constant consistant higher prices in the 2oz silver coins, will have positive on effect on the 2oz gold coin's value  ?

You’d think so 💰💰💰

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

We're gold goes silver fellows 

History has proven.

According to Mike Maloney lol 😂

22 minutes ago, Paul said:

Does anyone think these constant consistent higher prices in the 2oz silver coins, will have positive on effect on the 2oz gold coin's value  ?

In this case it seems the silver coin stands on its own merits but time will tell.

11 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

So £600 for an ungraded one wouldn’t be a terrible buy? 

I think it’s a good price. I sold one last week for £580.00 and was happy with that. It stands to reason that the price will rise and rise. For me, my interests are in gold* right now and I see the items I am now buying as being a better investment long term.

*Junk silver aside, of course!

7 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

If ungraded is going for 600+, does that mean my 69 is worth more outside of it's case now? 😂

14 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Yes it seems like it, you probably have a 40% chance for a clean coin to get a 70, if there are still good ones available...and if you get a 70 you can double your money. 69's have been going for between £500 - £700 on eBay, perhaps now you'll get at least £600 for one. And, it looks like this coin will become more valuable with time. In general silver is more in demand these days.

2 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Yes it seems like it, you probably have a 40% chance for a clean coin to get a 70, if there are still good ones available...and if you get a 70 you can double your money. 69's have been going for between £500 - £700 on eBay, perhaps now you'll get at least £600 for one. And, it looks like this coin will become more valuable with time. In general silver is more in demand these days.

A friend is selling one for £580 ungraded. Sorely tempted to buy it lol 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

2 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

A friend is selling one for £580 ungraded. Sorely tempted to buy it lol 

As you're a business man, I would think it would be good business. It would take an unusual set of circumstances for you to lose money. Unless you're looking at buying it as a collector😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

The general quality of the Una is very bad. While 40% of those graded are 70, there are 63,64,66 and 68 graded and tons have white spotting and are not good enough to send for grading. My guess is 15-20% are possible 70 grade on this one. People buying ungraded without a full examination or 4k video are taking a big risk.

4 hours ago, Numistacker said:

The general quality of the Una is very bad. While 40% of those graded are 70, there are 63,64,66 and 68 graded and tons have white spotting and are not good enough to send for grading. My guess is 15-20% are possible 70 grade on this one. People buying ungraded without a full examination or 4k video are taking a big risk.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Numistacker said:

On top of that milk spots are crazy even if one obtains a 70. Once upon a time there is a frenzy with the 2014 Britannia silver proof. Nowadays many PF70s I came across have spotted, either from NGC or PCGS. Hope it fares better for this coin but I’m skeptical.