• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

6 hours ago, RDHC said:

I hope your son comes out alright, but I'm afraid that for me this collapse is another sign that crypto currencies are built on not much more than thin/hot air. I really don't trust anything intangible. I used to be the archivist to a venerable institution that had ancient estates, in some cases with title deeds on parchment going back to the twelfth or eleventh centuries. These deeds had survived extremely well within oak chests and thick stone walls. So, I'm rather sceptical about all things digital and electronic. By the way, even paper will survive very well so long as it pre-dates the 1860s (roughly), when acid became commonly used to bleach it.

Computer hard drives with bitcoin on survive very well in landfill sites 😄 Crypto has been about for a while now its not about to disappear or go under , for every ten people that make a loss there are another hundred investors to replace them and so it goes on 😃

Getting back on track gold is now at £1503.51 💣

Just looking and nosing about today for gold deals

£750for 1/4oz gold, seems to be a asking price for quarter gold in plastic coffins in 70 grade  :( 

I remeber being annoyed when I was paying over £200+ for a 1/4 from HGM when they charged +3%over spot for everything 

6 hours ago, RDHC said:

I hope your son comes out alright, but I'm afraid that for me this collapse is another sign that crypto currencies are built on not much more than thin/hot air. I really don't trust anything intangible. I used to be the archivist to a venerable institution that had ancient estates, in some cases with title deeds on parchment going back to the twelfth or eleventh centuries. These deeds had survived extremely well within oak chests and thick stone walls. So, I'm rather sceptical about all things digital and electronic. By the way, even paper will survive very well so long as it pre-dates the 1860s (roughly), when acid became commonly used to bleach it.

Wish they still used proper paper.

I've pulled out old business receipts plenty of time to find I have no clue what they might be & some of them have faded away within months.
What's the point of telling people they have to store them for 7 years when you are lucky if you can read it 7 months later?

18 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Computer hard drives with bitcoin on survive very well in landfill sites 😄

This is doubtless true, but in a thousand years will there be any machines capable of reading them (leaving aside the even more awkward question of whether there will be any humans left to be interested in reading them)?

Is China about to release a new gold backed currency to replace the dollar as the world reserve currency? Evidence would suggest so and this could be very bullish for gold.

Watch this video from 28:34 - 40:29 for more information:

https://youtu.be/Xv8eDPmm6q4?t=1714

13 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

A multi fuel rocket would be a good choice 😄

Designed by @HerefordBullyun

rocketman-space.gif

I provide the fuel you mean, and that doesnt include the verbal drivel I contribute here....

Thats beauty of bully's gas, you dont need an energy crisis when I am about.... I can produce lots of methane!!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, gji25 said:

Comex and the Lbma  bled dry.  buy high, sell even higher wonga says 

Wonga instructed to wait for a market crash to send gold to £400 per oz.

So I have waited patiently all this time ! 

Even if your hair has turned grey ! 🤗