• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

37 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Seriously? 1336.74 today? Your mates from IMF and LMBA are listening you, or not? Do something, Godfather!

Good things come to those who wait. I will start the negotiations for you on the 1st Jan 2022. Im sure it will be 1400.01p on 1st Jan I told them just to make it so! 😁

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

What happens once you reach Grandmaster level. Is that when you are told that all gold is actually made of chocolate and it’s a scam for the peasants 

Until you reach that I cannot tell you - I am the Illuminati - Klaus schwab the nob is my papa gee and I love him so - im off to sacrifice some goats

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

@stefffana if you want to play again please.....😁

image.png.cc4fb769541b90f067eb84c3e0c59ce2.png

I was at an event today as a supplier & about 4 people asked if I am Vaccinated. 
Firstly is this a result of social pressure or somehting through clever conditioning;
or do these people know they have made a mistake on a weird subconscious level & want to justify it??

One woman works for the vaccination centre & started to get hoity toity  until I made somehting up. 
This woman is really nice and means well & I can only see it as she thinks she is doing her bit to help. 
As usual they backtrack immediately and say 'oh thats OK then, and dont ask any more questions'

I find it weird that so many random people I am coming acrosss are so involved in 'recruiting' I think there is somehting in it. 
Its a bit like a religious cult or something from my point of view. 

Its amazing though as its a hotel & the hotel manager said 'oh john is off with covid'
I said 'whats wrong with him them?'
'He has covid'
'but is he ill or anything'
'Yes he has covid'
'my point is is he dying or dead' 
confused look as if I have said something stupid on his face!
- I have to say this is the best sick card ever created - I bet tons of people are milking it!! 

I wore no mask all day and was not challenged once so that was good. 
I see wearing a lanyard as cop out personally, I would rather wear a mask than that - makes no odds. 

On the plus side I was talking to guys over lunch & they asked. 
I said I am on a clinical trial (which I actually am)
& i said they make more money from my trial than they would from cancelling it for the Vaccine  & he outrightly accepted it. 
People are more than aware of the pharma corruption & understand the law of attrition vs 'health' it seems. ;) 

I need to start working on a better cover story as I am never getting a vaccination - ever. 
Basically im flabbergasted that even have to do this - unbelievable, but this is where i find myself isnt it. ;) 
At least im not in a war zone with my family being raped & murdered!! We all need to consider that each day. 

Edited by Stacktastic

9 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I was at an event today as a supplier & about 4 people asked if I am Vaccinated. 
Firstly is this a result of social pressure or somehting through clever conditioning;
or do these people know they have made a mistake on a weird subconscious level & want to justify it??

One woman works for the vaccination centre & started to get hoity toity  until I made somehting up. 
This woman is really nice and means well & I can only see it as she thinks she is doing her bit to help. 
As usual they backtrack immediately and say 'oh thats OK then, and dont ask any more questions'

I find it weird that so many random people I am coming acrosss are so involved in 'recruiting' I think there is somehting in it. 
Its a bit like a religious cult or something from my point of view. 

Its amazing though as its a hotel & the hotel manager said 'oh john is off with covid'
I said 'whats wrong with him them?'
'He has covid'
'but is he ill or anything'
'Yes he has covid'
'my point is is he dying or dead' 
confused look as if I have said something stupid on his face!
- I have to say this is the best sick card ever created - I bet tons of people are milking it!! 

I wore no mask all day and was not challenged once so that was good. 
I see wearing a lanyard as cop out personally, I would rather wear a mask than that - makes no odds. 

On the plus side I was talking to guys over lunch & they asked. 
I said I am on a clinical trial (which I actually am)
& i said they make more money from my trial than they would from cancelling it for the Vaccine  & he outrightly accepted it. 
People are more than aware of the pharma corruption & understand the law of attrition vs 'health' it seems. ;) 

I need to start working on a better cover story as I am never getting a vaccination - ever. 
Basically im flabbergasted that even have to do this - unbelievable, but this is where i find myself isnt it. ;) 
At least im not in a war zone with my family being raped & murdered!! We all need to consider that each day. 

Are you scared of needles or something?

Edited by sjhdesmond

Anyway back on topic although a bit of an advert article I wonder if there is any truth in this article in ZH, that would cheer up my old mate @stefffana

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-12-29/trendcompass-we-have-strong-buy-signal-gold

5 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Anyway back on topic although a bit of an advert article I wonder if there is any truth in this article in ZH, that would cheer up my old mate @stefffana

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-12-29/trendcompass-we-have-strong-buy-signal-gold

Notice one of the subheadings in the article "Gold could be due for an explosive rally in 2022"
The writer is so sure of himself gold COULD be in for an 'explosive' rally some time in 2022.

Now decide how sure the writer is. 
With precious metals it is about continuous stacking - one day it will overwhelm fiat. We don't know which day or as far as the writer of the Zero Hedge piece which year - but it will happen.

BIS options expiration this afternoon and the last full day before Basel III kicks in. 

ps these are the insights you get when you become a Grand Master - you realise you actually know less than you thought you did, except of course conspiracy theories.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

7 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

I’m worried about this. Could crypto make gold worthless?

Gold will never be worthless - NEVER. Truth is like poetry, no one likes poetry. Crypto is a sentiment market. Until fiat dies, you think that all banks are just going to hedge on crypto? No chance! Yes fiat will be dead, but that crypto has be pegged against something.....

12 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

I would say no long term. Short term it's a maybe. Gold has always been a place of safety and the crypto space isn't that. I read something the other day that hit home. If you think of the evolution of the internet, from the start to where we are now. Currently we are sitting in 1998 within the crypto space, it's very volatile and a totally different beast. My only concern would be attracting the younger generation to into the metals space.

28 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

What is an alternative use for crapto? Good luck to those burning up an entire country's electricity output in order to create an artificial asset class. Better luck spending it, unless you are in El Salvador where even mad enthusiasts are discovering that yes, crapto is affected by inflation. 

Crypto is a textbook case of 'bigger fool' theory. A lot of money can be made from the rollercoaster ride (just like the stock markets) but make sure you're not holding the cards when the music stops.

There are two problems with crypto that I see, which are the two 'virtues' it is supposed to have.

1) It is an alternative currency - well it may have been designed that way, but it's not used as a currency in reality as it's too slow and cumbersome to used. It requires a lot of processing power and vendors willing to accept it.

2) It's a store of value as the issue is limited - Well firstly, the value is tied to nothing - it is virtual (thus not real) - the value only exists in the mind of those that think it should have value (and then only because of the Greater Fool theory). In essence crypto is not dissimilar to the mind tricks that give fiat currency value. It only takes enough people to question the mirage and where's the value then?

Secondly, the issue is limited, due to its programming. Yeah great, but whose to say that can't be changed in the future. Mainstream banks don't have to regulate and ban crypto to destroy it, they can simply have it reprogrammed to alter the issue limit allowing inflation to take hold. Print it into oblivion.

Say what you like about gold - it's had value for millennia across most cultures on earth. The supply and demand is truly fixed - there is a finite amount which the bankers can't really control. The can play paper markets and ghost it to try and control/suppress the price - which they do. However, that's the limits of their powers and one day it will fail when the veil slips.

Incidentally, crypto can be manipulated too, a few tweets here and there and the price either goes up or down.