• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

wait til option expiry happens that will change it downwards

Thanks, I was confused by this. 

If rates go upwards, it makes bonds relatively more attractive, becuase they pay a higher rate of interest, but gold doesn't pay anything.  I thought that meant gold ought to go down, being relatively less attractive after the rate rise,  hence why I am confused about it going up today.

It is a good job I am not a professional investor and stick to tracker funds and a bit of bullion.  I'd lose my shirt if I had a lot to invest.

5 minutes ago, Tortoise said:

Thanks, I was confused by this. 

If rates go upwards, it makes bonds relatively more attractive, becuase they pay a higher rate of interest, but gold doesn't pay anything.  I thought that meant gold ought to go down, being relatively less attractive after the rate rise,  hence why I am confused about it going up today.

It is a good job I am not a professional investor and stick to tracker funds and a bit of bullion.  I'd lose my shirt if I had a lot to invest.

banks hate gold (physical) becuase they dont have enough to sustain in thier vaults against the debt hence why the futures market was created  (THE PAPER MARKET COMEX) this is why nixon mitigated the bretton woods agreement in the 70's. The west doesnt own enough gold. 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

For now I operate on the basis that it doesn’t matter too much what happens to spot as long as I don’t intend to sell, but this forum hasn’t half made me realise how much the PM markets seem to be manipulated. I do believe that you can’t maintain this indefinitely, eventually the market will burn those who are managing to control it, .

it might take a long time but will happen. In the mean time I try to make lots of smaller purchases throughout the year to try and flatten my risk as I just can’t read the movements yet!  
Maybe getting this wildly wrong but for now ? 

1 hour ago, scotwasp said:

For now I operate on the basis that it doesn’t matter too much what happens to spot as long as I don’t intend to sell, but this forum hasn’t half made me realise how much the PM markets seem to be manipulated. I do believe that you can’t maintain this indefinitely, eventually the market will burn those who are managing to control it, .

it might take a long time but will happen. In the mean time I try to make lots of smaller purchases throughout the year to try and flatten my risk as I just can’t read the movements yet!  
Maybe getting this wildly wrong but for now ? 

Great post and spot on (pardon the pun lol)

2 minutes ago, dicker said:

1361 @stefffana and @HerefordBullyun will we be on for a “photo finish” at 1400?

Best of luck to you both.  

Options expiry today few bullion banks will be closing and selling off thier positions today!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

20 minutes ago, dicker said:

1361 @stefffana and @HerefordBullyun will we be on for a “photo finish” at 1400?

Best of luck to you both.  

Many thanks for your warm heart, Sir!🤗

Now, I am going back to pray. Only with help from Heaven I can win this battle.

And I've been so close one month ago with £1394.32...!!!😫

Edited by stefffana

22 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

wait til option expiry happens that will change it downwards

Going fabulous so far @HerefordBullyun - gold is the only asset in the green & even thats weak. :) 
My Kinross purchase is up 5% - pissed I did not buy GDXJ on the dip.
If short order calls get made, then a fabulous swing back could occur on heavily shorted stocks. Im not expert. 

Edited by Stacktastic

26 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Going fabulous so far @HerefordBullyun - gold is the only asset in the green & even thats weak. :) 
My Kinross purchase is up 5% - pissed I did not buy GDXJ on the dip.
If short order calls get made, then a fabulous swing back could occur on heavily shorted stocks. Im not expert. 

Trading stops today but the day it may reflect is monday. 

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Trading stops today but the day it may reflect is monday. 

I have to say it bounced well again - Im already 5% up on a new position in Viacom. :)
Great sell offs & buying opportunities for day trading. 

Edited by Stacktastic

1 hour ago, stefffana said:

Gold by the end of the year:

big_time_fails_in_gif_form_03.gif

6 and half UK trading days 8 and half US trading days left 

On 16/12/2021 at 21:59, HerefordBullyun said:

100% give that man a pat on the back. The BoE and Fed ae 2 different beasts also, the debt margin differences are also massive. So even a tiny interest hike with the fed of circa $29 Trn is UUUUUUUUUUge as the donald would say. whereas the BoE Debt levels are only an 10th of USA See table below.

But actual debt owned by each person is USA is double what a UK citizens owes, that may not seem a lot but you have to take into factors that UK is a lot less populated than US and a whole lot smaller. The one frightening stat is that UK's externel debt is massive, but come a financial crash do you honestly think that they are going to honour it? Of course not.

You may call me conspiracy theorist this build back better campaign is a pyschological operation for the finanicial reset and when you have the world economic forum saying youll own nothing and be happy (its in thier manifesto - go and check it) with a universal credit system is exactly what they want, Central bank digital Cryoto coins - CBDC's for short anyone? - all they want is all money and power. Im not saying its going to happen in my lifetime, but I reckon it could, easily.

Nathan rothschild said the below quote and what do you think CBDC;s will do - trackable and controllable, Fiat money today is 97% digital already so this is still true today already with CBDC's will be 100% like this. Why do you think banks question you if you take large sums of money out your bank? Yes becuase they cant control it - so they want to know - Tdah!

image.png.c4e720c4f19ede63f2e78755abdce351.png

image.thumb.png.bd6684f0e7dbb8ad5c3cb2cc0657cd1a.png

Agree 100% with you Bully. One of the reasons I came on to this forum is because of similar awake people from the SITP I attend most Sundays. All are on the same mindset and steered me into stacking PM.

Edited by Lordwolfsbeard

REMEMBER BIG PHARMA WANT YOU UNHEALTHY TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOU 

SAY NO TO THE VAX - YOU CANNOT UNVACCINATE 

QUESTION EVERYTHING -  NEVER TRUST GOVERMENTS

5 US on the NYSE trading days left Mon to Friday next week Closed tommorow

3 and half for the LSE Open tomorrow Wednesday Thursday half day friday.

@stefffana might need that praying mat mate!

13 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

5 US on the NYSE trading days left Mon to Friday next week Closed tommorow

3 and half for the LSE Open tomorrow Wednesday Thursday half day friday.

@stefffana might need that praying mat mate.

If the price of gold will stay under £1400 by 31.12.21 and will go over in January, will be clear for everybody that @HerefordBullyun is the big head of the cartel who is manipulating the market. 😊

18 minutes ago, stefffana said:

If the price of gold will stay under £1400 by 31.12.21 and will go over in January, will be clear for everybody that @HerefordBullyun is the big head of the cartel who is manipulating the market. 😊

I nearly spat my wine over my keyboard then with laughter! I aint part of the cartel but I certainly closely  watch what these lot are up to!

53 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I was hoping today to see an erection on gold price, but apparently everything is perfect in this world...

Putin and Biden are singing together Kumbaya with a lovely ukrainian choir, China has officially recognized Taiwan's independence, the Federal Reserve of the United States has apologized for printing 50% of the banknotes and has promised to withdraw them from the market, the treasure of the Templars was discovered and Eldorado is open for public visits and everyone can go home with his pockets full of gold nuggets.

@HerefordBullyun is rubbing his hands and I am sleeping every night like a baby: crying and watering my bed.

You have seen an erection on price its gone up £3.20 today! I called my mates in the IMF and LMBA to let it increase this week, but they said sure boss, but I did say the ceiling was £1399.99

On 27/12/2021 at 09:48, HerefordBullyun said:

You have seen an erection on price its gone up £3.20 today! I called my mates in the IMF and LMBA to let it increase this week, but they said sure boss, but I did say the ceiling was £1399.99

Seriously? 1336.74 today? Your mates from IMF and LMBA are listening you, or not? Do something, Godfather!