• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

7 minutes ago, Mikew140 said:

Yeah I suppose your right 🙂  if it only ever went one way, but unless your looking to get out when it hits a price or not stacking no more then surely you wanna buy on dips bringing your average down = more profits? 

As soon as you stop buying and as soon as you start selling = you are suffering a loss 🤧😭

13 hours ago, Mikew140 said:

Am quite new to stacking gold/silver in fact any investments really only started this year as I earn a decent wage probably above average, but have always just spent what I earn on whatever, now I get to spend and save at the same time🙂

My question is why wouldn’t you want the price to come down a touch more say to £1260? I sort of Understand why you don’t want it to go sub £1000 or lower. are you done stacking and waiting to sell would it not be good to drop a touch more and buy some more? 

it's been too low for so long , now it's time to go up 

Edited by Nick1368

15 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

As soon as you stop buying and as soon as you start selling

I will buy a few more when it gets to £1,250-£1,225. 😛
Might have a decent rally if the bond yields and stuff carry on.
but i think the shhite storm will come late this year/early next year when the markets realise we might not be getting back to normal. 

Bitcoin is also looking like it will dump soon also.
I dont know much but Its looking very bearish. 

I do know that a lot of bedroom investors bought it & the hand outs finish soon. 
I will start buying at £12k. 

Edited by Stacktastic

5 hours ago, Goldmansacks said:

download (1).jpg

Fabulous. I love the strength of gold & its nice slow moves.
I just could not deal with holding crypto, especially as its 24 hours. 

The miners are looking seriously cheap, given the fundamentals. 
If it breaks back to the lows then decent dividend stocks will be on sale. 

I thought i missed my chance in March, appears I was wrong. Im glad I waited now. :)

Edited by Stacktastic

On 23/07/2021 at 22:05, Stacktastic said:

Fabulous. I love the strength of gold & its nice slow moves.
I just could not deal with holding crypto, especially as its 24 hours. 

The miners are looking seriously cheap, given the fundamentals. 
If it breaks back to the lows then decent dividend stocks will be on sale. 

I thought i missed my chance in March, appears I was wrong. Im glad I waited now. :)

to me physical gold is looking ridiculously cheap
especially as I think that the bounce from covid has already happened (suddenly, look no earnings😀)
The forward looking🤣 S&P is at 4412,(live p/e 47) the average p/e ratio of the S&P is 19, and
given that the index always returns to its average, 
so,given that ,🤔,right now the S&P should be at 1505
Think what will happen to gold if/when the S&P resumes its long term average p/e

49 minutes ago, KRO said:

the average p/e ratio of the S&P is 19

Im not too confident in PE ratios, but a lot of the decent miners are in single digits now & that cant be ignored, especially with dividends. 
Kinross golds is at 5.3!!! :)

Yeah the risk reward right now is good, goldmines is literally the only asset Im invested in now. 
Even if it does go down - mid to long term its great - best hedge too for inflation. 

Edited by Stacktastic

2 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Im not too confident in PE ratios, but a lot of the decent miners are in single digits now & that cant be ignored, especially with dividends. 
Kinross golds is at 5.3!!! :)

Yeah the risk reward right now is good, goldmines is literally the only asset Im invested in now. 
Even if it does go down - mid to long term its great - best hedge too for inflation. 

Just make sure you do you due dilegnce on cash flow and balance sheets. when the prices are going down miners get squeezezed and can got bust easily. Id be looking at oil and coal and uranium in short term and switch fire when it starts picking up.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

13 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Just make sure you do you due dilegnce on cash flow and balance sheets. 

Yea good point - processing costs also. Gold can easily get back $900,
I would just buy different mines that happens and hold. 
The Canadian mines in Kinross would suffer as they are in the middle nowhere. :)

Newmont/Barrick, Wheaton, Poly & GDXJ would be my targets if that happens. 
Anyhow a bit off topic - sorry. 

Edited by Stacktastic

I just bought a few more coins today. I had planned to not buy any more as I reckoned I had enough stashed away. Been watching the price tumble and happy to scoop some up with cash that had been burning a hole in the bank.

21 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

A low of £1,292 today.

If it was to go to £1,200 or below (purely my prediction), it'll take a while... 6 - 12 months.

I think my level for a big bounce was £1,213?

After sitting and patiently waiting for what seems like months, I think we could see the low over the next few weeks. 
Hoping for a summer rally, but i want two more positions in Kinross first at lower lows. Plus a number of Sovs ;)

sitting back and waiting for any key levels now. 
If it carries on down so be it, it just has to hit a higher high at some point in the next 5 years - just has to!!

gold.png

Edited by Stacktastic

Now at time of writing £1,218 at 00:20am (UK time) 😳

Will we see a dip below £1,200 this week? 😬

(It changed from £1,222 to £1,218 in the time it took to write this comment)

It’s looking a bit volatile.

On 06/08/2021 at 22:06, GoldenGriffin said:

And now a low of £1,268 today.

We're going down.

We are....

16 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Bloodbath phase. Two days in. Bottom could be in Monday or Tuesday. Normally these usually last 5-7 days, so either way, not long til the cartel has to cover their shorts

For cartel read governments keeping metals high or their inflation will run awoke but it's too late, I flatiron is going up fast...pretty soon they won't be able to hold metals so they'll drop fast but then when the markets too volatile metals will rise and rise fast.