• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

7 minutes ago, Miganto said:

And yet through their front page link its £199 still?

Their site is odd....

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-queen-victoria-200th-anniversary-gold-proof-quarter-sovereign-3492.html

Yes, i used the product link on one of the many, many, many posh letters they send me every month.  I reckon i get 5+ a month. Normally punting  hugely overpriced proofs.  Or last week it was a proof silver krugerrand and they wanted about £130 🙄 i want 7 or 8 krugerrands for that much money lol. Proof krugerrand? Naaaah lol

And the H&B up-selling call came in - the girl was lovely though and has agreed to stop all further communication after she let me know id get mail twice weekly.

She confirmed the half sov will come in a capsule and a flip case as well as with a certificate to prove what it is (not a CoA ofc)

She also confirmed that the website was bad and that it was due to the majority of their client-base being of an age that doesn't use the internet. Not due to it being an unusable website..

Not sure who all of you imposters are then! Stop using the internet!

Edited by Miganto

31 minutes ago, Miganto said:

And the H&B up-selling call came in - the girl was lovely though and has agreed to stop all further communication after she let me know id get mail twice weekly.

She confirmed the half sov will come in a capsule and a flip case as well as with a certificate to prove what it is (not a CoA ofc)

She also confirmed that the website was bad and that it was due to the majority of their client-base being of an age that doesn't use the internet. Not due to it being an unusable website..

How very dare us older folk use the tinternet :D

19 hours ago, SendYourCoin2Me said:

On the Harrington & Byrne theme:

Quarter Sovereign proof victoria 200year anniversary

Quarter proof sov at £99 seems alright for proof collectors?

If it was a well known proof like from the Royal Mint, probably...but these ones don't seem to be that popular and don't really seem to appreciate in value on the secondary market...

On 30/09/2019 at 14:07, Miganto said:

I got a call about 45 minutes after I placed my order, Hayden I think he said he was called, absolutely amazing salesman.

I felt like I was in "The Wolf of Wall Street" when DiCaprio sells about a million penny stocks over the phone, and the guy on the other end felt like he was getting bargain stocks in this mega company that turned out to be a shed.

Already got my first junk mail, but no sovereign yet. I used to work in envelope manufacturing and don't understand how can they churn out so much junk mail as the paper they using is not cheap at all.

As well as all the pretty postcards etc, they include.  They must shift a fair amount of stuff via the mail or they'd stop.

I wish I was an unscrupulous bugger who didn't mind over charging older people for coins!

By the way Atkinsons has also got some used Indian head $5 random years for £320 delivered or £340 for specific dates and a $2.5 indian head for £165

1 minute ago, silvernewbie said:

Cheers already messaged hes reserving his next one for me 😛

these dont seem to be in too much demand in uk

😂 just to be clear no reserving but will give heads up if sell. And it all depends, e.g. if to be on sell, and price 😂 . Cheers guys😊