• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

1 hour ago, Tn21 said:

I think its reasonable @modofantasma but im no expert on the proof side either. Any experts on the proof coins want to give their verdict on the price?

I'd say it's a good price now, and unlikely to see sub £500 again. The full sovereign I believe is a £1100+coin and unlikely to return under £1k again if ever. I just sold my full sov for £999 which was a £780 coin for a long time in PF70 ( as soon as I bought at £808 it dropped 😂)

Anyone who heavily took a punt on the 2022 range will be in very good profit going forward 👍 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

29 minutes ago, James32 said:

I'd say it's a good price now, and unlikely to see sub £500 again. The full sovereign I believe is a £1100+coin and unlikely to return under £1k again if ever. I just sold my full sov for £999 which was a £780 coin for a long time in PF70 ( as soon as I bought at £808 it dropped 😂)

Anyone who heavily took a punt on the 2022 range will be in very good profit going forward 👍 

I sold a SOTD, proof full and half prematurely :(

7 minutes ago, Fishface220 said:

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/proof-sets/royal-mint-14oz-proof-coins/2021-14oz-mr-men-mr-happy-proof-gold-coin-boxed/

£454 and a free silver Brit if you play the system!! 

They have the quarter proof WHO as well on special!  

I ordered a different 1/4oz proof from them a few months ago and it was loose, outside of the capsule when it arrived. The outer box was also damaged by the free Brit that they'd shoehorned into the same package.

Remarkably the gold coin was fine but the box was a bit scratched up inside. They gave me a choice of remedies including a free 1oz silver Royal Arms in a presentation box, which I went for.

Equally remarkably, the Royal Arms coin also fell out of its capsule during transit 🤣

All rather unexpected but I'm happy enough with that outcome.

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I ordered a different 1/4oz proof from them a few months ago and it was loose, outside of the capsule when it arrived. The outer box was also damaged by the free Brit that they'd shoehorned into the same package.

Remarkably the gold coin was fine but the box was a bit scratched up inside. They gave me a choice of remedies including a free 1oz silver Royal Arms in a presentation box, which I went for.

Equally remarkably, the Royal Arms coin also fell out of its capsule during transit 🤣

All rather unexpected but I'm happy enough with that outcome.

Sounds like they are getting them direct from the Royal mint with quality control like that!! 

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I always assumed their proof deals are unsold stock from the mint - that would explain why they had about 200 x 2019 proof sovereigns earlier this year.

Probably. They had these Mr Men proofs on offer a few months back as well 

3 minutes ago, Ukbullionfan said:

I received a 2021 proof sov today and the coin was loose and the capsule was opened in the box . I’m not sure if I should send back and complain or what. What would you guys do ?

Is it damaged?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 hours ago, James32 said:

You're not wrong @James32 - this one just finished a couple of minutes ago on eBay, and it was an auction, so likely to be a good reflection of current value I'd say... 🤔

ebay-coin.thumb.jpg.7d2b00c14c3aceda04c56b7d851b63f3.jpg

Edited by Scootermuppet
image edited to remove personal details

4 hours ago, Fishface220 said:

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/proof-sets/royal-mint-14oz-proof-coins/2021-14oz-mr-men-mr-happy-proof-gold-coin-boxed/

£454 and a free silver Brit if you play the system!! 

They have the quarter proof WHO as well on special!  

Is that a special? I got this at less through an auction I recall. Spot price. 

I just scooped up a pf70 2022 proof half sovereign from the coin connection for less than £500.

Check this out also. 2022 proof piedfort sovereign in pf70 2017 British Sovereign Coin - Full Gold Proof, Sealed, New & COA (thecoinconnection.co.uk)

Not a bad price considering some Ebay and forum prices for raw ones.

Edited by SovereignBishop

1 minute ago, SovereignBishop said:

I just scooped up a 2022 proof half sovereign from the coin connection for less than £500.

Check this out also. 2022 proof piedfort sovereign in pf70 2017 British Sovereign Coin - Full Gold Proof, Sealed, New & COA (thecoinconnection.co.uk)

Not a bad price considering some Ebay and forum prices for raw ones.

Out of stock mate this one 

14 hours ago, Fishface220 said:

recommend a friend / new customer thru a code and you both get a free silver Brit. Details are on the website. 

PS. You only get the free 1 Oz silver Brit after you have referred, got code and THEN you make purchase over x amount (£350 I think?). Yup it’s a good deal if your buying something on specials there. 

Just now, Silverman2U said:

PS. You only get the free 1 Oz silver Brit after you have referred, got code and THEN you make purchase over x amount (£350 I think?). Yup it’s a good deal if your buying something on specials there. 

Ie. Must make referral first. Get code. Then use code when you make a purchase. Puts do in that order. 

1 hour ago, Ukbullionfan said:

The person you refer has to purchase something though don’t they ?

Yes. Sorry I think you get a kind of “credit” voucher to your account when someone uses the code you give them. Then when you spend money you get the free silver Brit.

• Founder & Administrator

As per the pinned message that is also at the topic of this topic:

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme