• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

19 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

I heard they have developed anti-milking technologies in Canada. Not sure about Aussie ones because I don't own terribly many of their coins. I should like some in the future

Perth Mint make a yuuuuge variety of stuff, much of which is really nice.  The majority of the 1oz gold coins I'd actually like to own are Perth Mint, and if they started making 1oz gold Kooks I'd be in like Flynn.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

4 hours ago, theman73 said:

The outcast of the bullion silver coins aka Britannia 

Brand new from the mint...

20231018_112822.thumb.jpg.37e7a838355910d211d9a5d310f8382c.jpg

20231018_112831.thumb.jpg.ec41efc41bcf27c95e451e41d89256e8.jpg

20231018_112848.thumb.jpg.a64625c97a475b7d84f393955752fe8c.jpg

I think that RM using the excuse of ‘it’s just bullion’ would be stretching the truth.

Good job you checked your stock and not sent it out to your customer.👏

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

27 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

Perth Mint make a yuuuuge variety of stuff, much of which is really nice.  The majority of the 1oz gold coins I'd actually like to own are Perth Mint, and if they started making 1oz gold Kooks I'd be in like Flynn.

It's the availability though

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

15 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

It's the availability though

Have a chat to @jultorsk and see what she can dig up for you.  She's based on Oz but comes to the UK for coin fairs on a regular basis.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

1 hour ago, PapaLazarou said:
2002 Gold Proof "Three Lions" £1 Coin

Unpopularity be damned. 

I am an admirer of these Round Pounds, regardless of whether or not they are currently de rigueur.

I see these coins as having excellent potential and - even if I'm wrong - buying RM proof gold coins at spot including RMSD represents outstanding value. 18g agw CGT-free to boot.

This is my second 2002 (the inaugural gold pound, issued only in the RM Golden Jubilee Collection), the first being a 69-graded mortuary-slabbed specimen which is now demoted from "collectable" to "stack".

20231018_145708.jpg

20231018_144111.jpg

20231018_144006.jpg

Oh that’s a belter @PapaLazarou

4 hours ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

I heard they have developed anti-milking technologies in Canada. Not sure about Aussie ones because I don't own terribly many of their coins. I should like some in the future

They just need to do the right things whilst manufacturing, such as cleaning equipment properly etc.

4 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Unpopularity be damned. 

I am an admirer of these Round Pounds, regardless of whether or not they are currently de rigueur.

I see these coins as having excellent potential and - even if I'm wrong - buying RM proof gold coins at spot including RMSD represents outstanding value. 18g agw CGT-free to boot.

This is my second 2002 (the inaugural gold pound, issued only in the RM Golden Jubilee Collection), the first being a 69-graded mortuary-slabbed specimen which is now demoted from "collectable" to "stack".

20231018_145708.jpg

20231018_144111.jpg

20231018_144006.jpg

Not really seen much of these before, however, not being in a slab this looks a really nice coin!😮

7 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Unpopularity be damned. 

20231018_145708.jpg

20231018_144111.jpg

20231018_144006.jpg

Oof!! Very nice!!

Suits you sir!!!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

12 hours ago, theman73 said:

The outcast of the bullion silver coins aka Britannia 

Brand new from the mint...

20231018_112822.thumb.jpg.37e7a838355910d211d9a5d310f8382c.jpg

20231018_112831.thumb.jpg.ec41efc41bcf27c95e451e41d89256e8.jpg

20231018_112848.thumb.jpg.a64625c97a475b7d84f393955752fe8c.jpg

Honestly RM owe you more than a replacement and an apology. That's ridiculous that that passed inspection

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

What started out as a lovely gesture from @HerefordBullyun quickly turned into a horror, this idiot asked his wife to open it and boy did her eyes light up. Divorce is now likely on the cards🤣

PXL_20231019_125224595.MP.jpg

PXL_20231019_125219104.jpg

@BullionBuyerUK great work but shame on you🤣

Why did you put gloves on?😁