• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

That probably at least explains the confusion with the mintage figures of the 2013 sovereign.

I'll see if I can find another source that can confirm the figures I posted.

IThey put the numbers on the cards they're sold in

If they're all sold in cards they should know exactly how many 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

5 minutes ago, Kman said:

IThey put the numbers on the cards they're sold in

If they're all sold in cards they should know exactly how many 

Yeah exactly. However, per my knowledge (and I provided the link to the site where I shared this), there were a batch of initial strikes that were gifted to dignitaries back in 2013 when the production of the Sovereign returned to india. There was an inauguration event and formalities (as is the Indian way; I should know :))

These coins weren't numbered and carded but were stabbed by NGC and presented in a wooden box.

In any case, I'm sure there's a record somewhere of how many were minted in the end, even if they don't release such figures to the general public.

I'll put out feelers at more of my sources and see what I can find.

Just now, Sovereign said:

You guys!! 

Bought one .. one left for @Kman ?

Oh I bought one already :D

I bought the 8th one left earlier, should come tomorrow 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

@Kman

Payment gone through 

but no confirmation email and can't see it in my acc (my order) ? ?

It took a little bit after buying mine for them to confirm it and start showing 7 on the site instead of 8

8 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

@Kman

Payment gone through 

but no confirmation email / can't see it in my acc (my orders) ? ?

I just looked, took an hour to get an email with an invoice to confirm after ordering 

:(

SOTD 2017 BU came today but there's a small mark under G&D 

Looked like a production error, annoying and not ideal but I was willing to look past it, but upon taking the capsule lid off to have a better look there's also a scratch close to it

Very disappointing considering how much it costs that it isn't perfect, will have to speak to Chards I guess :( 

sad.jpg

56 minutes ago, Kman said:

:(there's a small mark under G&D like a production error, there's also a scratch close to it

sad.jpg

To be honest, that's how all my coins from the Royal Mint have come so far. Scratches, dings and damaged frosting. Silver and platinum worst but also gold. So far I have changed every coin at least once...

Of course those sovs being BU instead of proof I guess they won't be inspected as well.  In theory at least but knowing RM who knows if they even inspect their proofs properly now.

Looks like there could be a light scratch at the rear of the horses back leg as well and maybe one even smaller one towards the tail.

24 minutes ago, Murph said:

Of course those sovs being BU instead of proof I guess they won't be inspected as well.  In theory at least but knowing RM who knows if they even inspect their proofs properly now.

Looks like there could be a light scratch at the rear of the horses back leg as well and maybe one even smaller one towards the tail.

Oh those are  on the capsule, I had a really good look at it with the lid off with a loupe, tilting it in the light, the only marks are the blemish and the scratch

1 hour ago, Kman said:

I also got a Indian Sovereign today, really nice in the card, thinking I should have got couple more

isov.jpg

Check out the asking price on eBay as the dealer of these Indian Sovs doesn't ship outside the UK...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-ROYAL-MINT-INDIA-FULL-GOLD-SOVEREIGN-WITH-I-MINT-MARK-IN-CERTIFICATE-CARD-/322635948949?hash=item4b1e99e395:g:-hoAAOSwNJ5ZhaqL

Here's a money making opportunity if I've ever seen one.  Even if you knocked 250 -300 USD off that seller's asking price that'd still be a decent bit of coin in your pocket for virtually no effort.  Beautiful coin btw.  I have the 1918-I so the thought crossed my mind to collect all the Indian Sovs until I saw what some of these are going for since the 2013 release :blink:

Edited by Jester

I ordered one of those Indian Sovs which would have arrived today, and immediately had buyers remorse at £255, phoned back and cancelled the order...

Made it two instead for £253 each :D They really are nice and absolutely lovely on the card.

Very impressed with this first order from UK Bullion - super service and delivery as others have said. Lovely spot @Numistacker and many thanks!!!

Also dropping into my hands today were two lovely 2010s from @Danny-boy bought through here (his sovs, his sovs did call me).

Been a triffic day! :P

10 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I ordered one of those Indian Sovs which would have arrived today, and immediately had buyers remorse at £255, phoned back and cancelled the order...

Made it two instead for £253 each :D They really are nice and absolutely lovely on the card.

Yes now I've got one and seen it I wish I got a couple more

Really nicely done by PAMP, perfect coin and the card adds something for some reason 

@Jester I reckon could probably sell one atm on Ebay no problem for £300 but no profit there,  I think one to hang on to for a few years 

Big thanks to@jester for the heads up on this one at $49.95 from New York

IMG_5714.JPG
IMG_5715.JPG

These cost $43 raw but I think they are quite a lot more now.

IMG_5707.JPG
IMG_5709.JPG

All sent to USA postage free!

Big thanks to@jester for the heads up on this one at $49.95 from New York

IMG_5714.JPG
IMG_5715.JPG

These cost $43 raw but I think they are quite a lot more now.

IMG_5707.JPG
IMG_5709.JPG

All sent to USA postage free!

20 minutes ago, Kman said:

Yes now I've got one and seen it I wish I got a couple more

Really nicely done by PAMP, perfect coin and the card adds something for some reason 

@Jester I reckon could probably sell one atm on Ebay no problem for £300 but no profit there,  I think one to hang on to for a few years 

Really very nicely done indeed, my first carded coins and I think the red front Mint side shows a truely wonderful coin off so beautifully.

Next year is the last year of the PAMP 5-year license isn't it? The 100th anniversary of the Indian Sov? I'll have to set the alarm clock for that one!