• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

18 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The crowned effigy is reserved specifically for collectable, commemorative coins and will be reserved for very special collections moving forwards.

Interested to know what they mean by this 🤔

Looking for 1965, 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

22 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

Interested to know what they mean by this 🤔

I suppose they could use this as justification for the use of the crowned head on the later released proof sovereign sets.

It looks like there will be an uncrowned version of the Coronation 50p:

Five million 50ps are set to enter circulation later in 2023 featuring the original, uncrowned effigy of King Charles by Martin Jennings. 

Is this the Sovereign pipeline for 2023? 

Coronation:

BU Matte SOTD G&D sovereign with crowned Effigy 

Proof Special design sovereign with crowned Effigy

Regular Issue's (G&D / Special/ both?)

Bullion sovereign 

Proof Sovereign 

Birthday specials

King Charles 75th Birthday SOTD/Privy 

Prince George is 10 (blimey time flies!) 

Edited by harrygill111

1 hour ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Unless my brain did one of it's things I specifically didn't pick up any mention of a bullion Sovereign. 

So either I missed the mention or their wasn't one... and if that's the case did RM Marketing Man forget to mention it in his spiel or might their simply not be one?

Answers on a postcard please...

I do hope there will be a bullion Sovereign, been waiting ages for the 2023 release. 

11 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

What is the range and mintages?

https://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/press-centre/royal-mint-reveal-celebratory-coronation-range-ahead-of-the-coronation-on-6-may/

All but the SOTD Sovereign.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

7 minutes ago, mffiv said:

I do hope there will be a bullion Sovereign, been waiting ages for the 2023 release. 

2023 bullion sovereign was confirmed but no date given. 

Expect it will be the G&D design, but given its a special year they may well go with a special design, or both, why not people will pick up both issues! 

Edited by harrygill111

16 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Is this the Sovereign pipeline for 2023? 

Coronation:

BU Matte SOTD G&D sovereign with crowned Effigy 

Proof Special design sovereign with crowned Effigy

Regular Issue's (G&D / Special/ both?)

Bullion sovereign 

Proof Sovereign 

Surely you have forgotten the possibilities of:

Piedfort sovereigns (Crowned and uncrowned heads because, well, why not?)

SOTD for King Charles III's 75th birthday (with a 75 Privy Mark) on 14th November.

21 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

It's all about the 50p! 

But yeah, it better be that Sov!

The 50p is nice, and with it being a simple design its looks like it could be  in circulation.......BUT I can't help seeing the "M" McDonalds arches in the design 

"I'm Lovin it"

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 08.40.16.png

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

10 hours ago, Sc391 said:

Please excuse my ignorance as an American, but is the crown the King is wearing the same one that Victoria wore in some of her coins (gothic crown, florin, etc)

Probably. The crown on the gothic coins was altered on the design to make sure it fit aesthetically on the coin. So it's partially fictitious.

The first thought I had when I saw the new design was the George VI East Africa shilling.

10 hours ago, CaptCaveMan said:

In addition, the collection will also include a very limited number of Sovereigns struck on 6 May 2023, the day of the coronation, as the perfect way for collectors to commemorate this momentous occasion. This is the first opportunity to own a 2023 Sovereign. The rest of the Coronation Sovereign collection will be released later in the year and will be available in a variety of Proof editions.

they managed to ruin the beauty and the charm of a coronation... i m spechless

what was wrong in just following the bloody tradition and issuing a coronation set like in the past?