• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What Are You Waiting For?

What coin/bar/ precious metals item are you patiently waiting to add to your collection?

Maybe you haven't had one come up at the right price or you keep missing out on or they're incredibly rare, maybe just saving up

I'll start 2001 bullion sov

The last Elizabeth date for my bullion sovereign date run. Once I tick that off there's only 4 others from today back to 1887

Just now, James32 said:

Tudor Bull-Lion 

1 x 1oz Au

10 x 1/4oz Au

Reported!

Admin please move to sales thread.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 hours ago, modofantasma said:

What you waiting for?

The end of 2023, so that I can get back to buying metals :) 

The inferior man argues about his rights, while the superior man imposes duties upon himself.

He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Every act of beauty is a revolt against the modern world.

3 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

A sealed roll of 2020 Oriental Border 1oz Silver Britannias in capsules, as supplied by the Royal Mint (20 in a roll)

Seem to have taken on Unicorn status 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thought I could help with this one, just checked, mine are 2019 !

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

The one thing that I really want that I just cant bring myself to buy for probably at least a couple of years is a nice cast bar of gold - I cant afford it right now anyway but even when I can its so hard to justify for so many logical reasons ... but i really want one or a few 😄

Thought I'd expand on the Number of sovereigns needed

George III - 5, George IV - 9, William IV - 6, Victoria - 25 + 14M + 29S + 2P, Edward VII - 5M + 7S + 6P +3C, George V - 3 +18M + 14S +16P + 8C + 5SA, George VI - 1, Elizabeth II - 16. Not counted any from the modern Indian mint.

In total, another 177 full sovereigns. Victoria numbers may be off as not sure if some of the years and mints did both shield and St George, but still a very tall order. 

Congratulations to @modofantasma if your only missing 5 on your run. 

5 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

Congratulations to @modofantasma if your only missing 5 on your run. 

5 in the run I mentioned yes, not if you look at every date and mint mark combo though

13 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Once I tick that off there's only 4 others from today back to 1887

To elaborate there's 5 dates I need between now and 1887. Prior to that, the Young Victoria years I've got about a tube of shields and about a tube of St George reverse but haven't tallied up which dates and mints.

I definitely haven't been very efficient but I think it's more important to have good quality coins than buy lower quality just to fill the dates so there's a lot of duplicates and I often buy best value.

It's a long term side project 😁

More IGR bars. Their minimalist designs calm my OCD behaviours. And I haven’t jumped over to Istanbul since covid restrictions screwed everything up … 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

A fee additional memorial half Sovs (waiting on payday) and then holding for TB 1/4ozers and coronation Sovs. Will fill the gap with the odd 1/4 or Sov that pops up for reasonable money

Hoping to get at least x1 Memorial Double Sovereign in blister pack next. 😇

For a while now I really wanted to get a 5oz Tuvalu BlackBeard Coin but I think I’ve missed the boat on that one. For collecting not stacking. Unfortunately they are going for a really stupid premium price now online.