• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Petition Crown (Gazette Proclamation)

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m more surprised the RM hasn’t marketed it more. Maybe they’ve already reserved most for their Mint Marque customers. 

Yeah though thankfully they didn't pull anything like letting people who bought the gothic direct from them get refusal  or anything daft like that again. Personally I'm pretty burned out from this series after the last release. I said either in this thread or some other that I wish the gothic would have been the end of the series.. it just did so much damage to the series as a whole and I fear each subsequent release will only carry on causing damage to the series devaluing the other coins. For tomomrrows release I expect flippers will do ok short term but given how the last two releases have gone I'd be surprised if tomorrows release wasn't readily available in the not so distant future at less than issue price.

Who knows though? Perhaps they'll drop the mintages back down and the design will be one people have to have in their collections causing the series to be revived. Personally I'd bet for what I wrote above being more likely but we'll see.

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

It’s Great Engravers Eve. How is everyone coping? 😬

I'm a nervous wreck!  I can't sleep, can't eat, and I am barely surviving on tranquilizers.  I may not make it until tomorrow.  If I do, there's a good chance I will simply collapse and miss the whole thing.  First, Charles I and now this in the same week.  My life is being shortened with each release of the Royal Mint!  😭

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

I'm a nervous wreck!  I can't sleep, can't eat, and I am barely surviving on tranquilizers.  I may not make it until tomorrow.  If I do, there's a good chance I will simply collapse and miss the whole thing.  First, Charles I and now this in the same week.  My life is being shortened with each release of the Royal Mint!  😭

Hahah. Oh you make a good point, first   Charles I, then Charles II, and… stand by for Charles III.

That’s your three strikes right there!!! 

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

My understanding is that the mintage figures are going to be very low. Tomorrow should be interesting! 

I'm ac manager said the same but didn't say how many. I still said no :(

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Told him too dear in one swoop or i would.hqve bought it ( the good side! )

Yeah the 2 Oz and 5 Oz silvers might be affordable but everything beyond those at 2x the price in one go is just crazy.

They should’ve done a 1 Oz gold instead of 2 Oz to begin with. This will sell out regardless, and combined with the Gothic Crown, it sets a precedent for future coins in this series to more likely be 2-coin sets.

8 hours ago, westminstrel said:

It’s Great Engravers Eve. How is everyone coping? 😬

I can’t wait who doesn’t love a good old royal mint queue, the wait before 9am and then the queue number appearing (hopefully one of the low end numbers) going on the website checking the coin and ordering it absolutely love it. 

6 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

I can’t wait who doesn’t love a good old royal mint queue, the wait before 9am and then the queue number appearing (hopefully one of the low end numbers) going on the website checking the coin and ordering it absolutely love it. 

the returns process and posting up photos damaged coins is all part of the fun to 

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

My understanding is that the mintage figures are going to be very low. Tomorrow should be interesting! 

Any confirmation on this or just a guess?

11 minutes ago, dirt94 said:

Any confirmation on this or just a guess?

I have been told by my account manager who contacted me to discuss the pending release that the issue is low this time. They have not given numbers but they have been clear that it is going to be low - it could of course be that they are just saying this to sell coins, but my relationship with this person is good and has been ongoing for quite a few years. No reason to suspect that they are just saying this. 

I have preordered, but probably would have done even if the issue was in excess of 10,000 per set anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Paul said:

i may chance my arm with the 2oz silver set tomorrow at launch - but not going for the 2oz gold to keep the series going 

Anyone think im making a mega stupid decision not going for the 2oz gold set tomorrow ??

Can’t answer that, Paul. If you can afford to park the £11k then go for it but otherwise depends on your exit strategy…I gave up on guessing the worth of coins when I said the Una was a waste of investment funds and then spent a fortune on the Gothics!!! I am sticking to half sovereigns and the odd bullion silver bar here and there. I am getting the 2 coin 2oz silver set but that’s just because I have the others in silver and want to continue the series. Plus, I like the petition and the story behind it!!

1 hour ago, Paul said:

i may chance my arm with the 2oz silver set tomorrow at launch - but not going for the 2oz gold to keep the series going 

Anyone think im making a mega stupid decision not going for the 2oz gold set tomorrow ??

I think you should go all out for the 2 kg. gold.  What the hell, life is short!  Just do it! 

I also had a call from my RM account manager a little earlier and they said that they had seen the coin and it looks fantastic! I said to her that she should be in sales! 🤣

She was unable to tell me anything about the mintages or in fact anything at all other than what we know already. She has asked me what I would like to order and I have said that I definitely want the 2oz silver set and possibly the 5oz silver set. 

I said to her that it is so hard deciding as I don’t know the mintages and I haven’t seen photos of the actual RM design. She said that it will sell out within minutes and I needed to let her know today.

She  wasn’t even allowed to let me know the pricing. I find it so strange that they want you to commit to buying but without you knowing how much you are spending. It is like writing a blank cheque!

Also, they now take the money straight away for all purchases even though the coins aren’t available yet. Not a bad business model, especially with rising interest rates!

I have a strange feeling that this one could be a long term winner. If the mintages are lower and it is only purchased by true collectors then there won’t be many available to buy on the secondary market which will drive up prices. Saying that I am not brave enough to buy the gold 2oz set! 🤣 I don’t have that sort of money to risk at the moment especially when like others I only really like the design of only one of the two coins.

2 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

I also had a call from my RM account manager a little earlier and they said that they had seen the coin and it looks fantastic! I said to her that she should be in sales! 🤣

She was unable to tell me anything about the mintages or in fact anything at all other than what we know already. She has asked me what I would like to order and I have said that I definitely want the 2oz silver set and possibly the 5oz silver set. 

I said to her that it is so hard deciding as I don’t know the mintages and I haven’t seen photos of the actual RM design. She said that it will sell out within minutes and I needed to let her know today.

She  wasn’t even allowed to let me know the pricing. I find it so strange that they want you to commit to buying but without you knowing how much you are spending. It is like writing a blank cheque!

Also, they now take the money straight away for all purchases even though the coins aren’t available yet. Not a bad business model, especially with rising interest rates!

I have a strange feeling that this one could be a long term winner. If the mintages are lower and it is only purchased by true collectors then there won’t be many available to buy on the secondary market which will drive up prices. Saying that I am not brave enough to buy the gold 2oz set! 🤣 I don’t have that sort of money to risk at the moment especially when like others I only really like the design of only one of the two coins.

My guess would be £520 for the 2oz silver set, give or take a bit.

12 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Appreciate the input and direct comments.My account manager wasn't in any way as  enthusiastic punting / pitching a £11k offering to me :(

i felt like a tick on a telesales call once I'd said no it's too dear in one purchase 

I was saying to a friend that I find the radio silence on this release surprising.

Except for a tiny tease last week, no advertising. No sign up page. Nada.

And now Mint Marque customers not being given much information either, despite being offered the coins pre-release.

I don’t get the big secret with price and mintage.

2 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

🤣 Also they now take the money straight away for all purchases even though the coins aren’t available yet. Not a bad business model, especially with rising interest rates!

For the last couple of releases, the amount was showing pending on few of my purchases, but the money has been taken straight away for only a couple, the rest have disappeared from my transactions. Don't know on what basis they have done that!?!

@Paul I don't know investment wise if this one will do well. However, if you add this what a collection you will have of these. Impressive to look at when you visit the deposit box.

Anyones guess on the 2oz silver set cost. I'm guessing somewhere in the range of £550-£600?

My account manager is useless she just apologies every time she finally replies to me.