• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Petition Crown (Gazette Proclamation)

My RM account manager has also confirmed today that the two coins will be sold together as a set.

This rules me out for the 2oz gold due to the high cost in one go and like others I only really like the one side of the original.

I will be going for the 2oz silver set but not sure about anything else at this stage. Mintages will be the key. My account manager believes that the range will sell out within minutes. Maybe the mintages will be lower?

53 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

My RM account manager has also confirmed today that the two coins will be sold together as a set.

This rules me out for the 2oz gold due to the high cost in one go and like others I only really like the one side of the original.

I will be going for the 2oz silver set but not sure about anything else at this stage. Mintages will be the key. My account manager believes that the range will sell out within minutes. Maybe the mintages will be lower?

Thanks Chris. I've been juggling Dosh to have funds available for this to continue the 2oz gold series. £5k yes I can juggle, But I'm not parking £11k into it simply can't afford it. It'll be ultra limited in gold in years to come this unless I think. Or in plain English a flop 

Even though the mintage may be X 

The sales may by well below that

On 18/02/2023 at 08:57, Paul said:

The two 2oz gold will be looking at £10,500-£11,000 which ain't easily found down the back of the sofa 

2oz gold gothic QA was £4995 and portrait was £5120 back in Feb 2022, so I'm pretty sure it will be much higher than 11k this time 

10 hours ago, AR03 said:

2oz gold gothic QA was £4995 and portrait was £5120 back in Feb 2022, so I'm pretty sure it will be much higher than 11k this time 

Una was £3995 for the 2oz gold at launch 

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Thanks Chris. I've been juggling Dosh to have funds available for this to continue the 2oz gold series. £5k yes I can juggle, But I'm not parking £11k into it simply can't afford it. It'll be ultra limited in gold in years to come this unless I think. Or in plain English a flop 

Even though the mintage may be X 

The sales may by well below that

I like the idea of the Royal Mint releasing the two coins as a single set, however the price point is going to make these rather prohibitive, especially in the gold and the larger silver denominations, and in a year when most people are finding it hard to cope with the increasing cost of living; so it’s very much a double-edged sword.

I definitely see all the denominations selling out nonetheless, regardless of the mintages, as even the kilo gold etc. of past releases have sold out, so there’s definitely people out there who have more than enough spare cash and a few £10k isn’t a big deal.

Lots of conversations but still nothing on a release date.  It’s got to be getting close….

I have tried prying a hint from my acct manager, but her lips are sealed.

39 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

Lots of conversations but still nothing on a release date.  It’s got to be getting close….

I have tried prying a hint from my acct manager, but her lips are sealed.

Ac managers never let cat out of the bag. Embargoed detail. 

Safe to say once the register your interest page is up and stock photos done, it's not far away. Possible next release maybe ? 

8 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I like the idea of the Royal Mint releasing the two coins as a single set, however the price point is going to make these rather prohibitive, especially in the gold and the larger silver denominations, and in a year when most people are finding it hard to cope with the increasing cost of living; so it’s very much a double-edged sword.

I definitely see all the denominations selling out nonetheless, regardless of the mintages, as even the kilo gold etc. of past releases have sold out, so there’s definitely people out there who have more than enough spare cash and a few £10k isn’t a big deal.

After the stress with the gothics and the uneven mintages (at least on the 2oz silver) I think the set is the right call. I completely understand the one off cost is annoying. As I will be only going for the 2oz silver, I will just able to manage.

As I have said previously I would love them reduce the mintages, even if that means I may not get any.

This series needs saving....

18 hours ago, Sc391 said:

Still nothing on a release date?

I cant think of any more ranges that have a scheduled release after today’s British Monarchs Charles I, so I’d say the Petition Crown might be the next one, perhaps as soon as later this week. The RM is rather relentless with their releases. 🫤

10 minutes ago, JeffM said:

Yes, the coin doesn't excite me.

im not going to go for this one, if they are not doing it as a spilt release, could manage £5k+ for one 2oz gold

but not both in one £11.5k hit :(

Im pretty sure sure a lot of other folk will be in the same boat

Will try to get the crest side in a PF70 at some stage in secondary market down the road at some stage if its not a draft price and ignore/let pass the portrait side

Had a similar comment from another collector who is giving this release a miss also   

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

im not going to go for this one, if they are not doing it as a spilt release, could manage £5k+ for one 2oz gold

but not both in one £11.5k hit :(

Im pretty sure sure a lot of other folk will be in the same boat

Will try to get the crest side in a PF70 at some stage in secondary market down the road at some stage if its not a draft price and ignore/let pass the portrait side

Had a similar comment from another collector who is giving this release a miss also   

The Royal Mint has issued an awful lot of coins lately.  Seems like they are turning their production department into the Royal Sweat Shop.  I would assume that quality will be worse than it already is with so many coins coming off the presses.  Plus, they are making it quite upsetting for collectors without a bottomless pocket.

Is there anyone who would like to own the original Petition Crown because of its beauty? 
Unlike the Una, the Gothic Crown set and especially the Three Graces, the Petition Crown has no real aesthetic appeal for me. It's not ugly, but it's not outstanding like the first issues of the GE series.