• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another Royal Mint Queue Today for 2022 BBC Centenary QEII Fifty Pence

Another Royal Mint Queue Today for 2022 BBC Centenary QEII Fifty Pence

I didn't expect much of a rush for this, and didn't check the queue at 9.00; although the numbers at 9.45 were distinctly lower than for most of their "big" releases.

675248870_RoyalMintQueue3583BBCFiftyPenceCoin.thumb.jpg.9b856d12a0316181ed7361810ddf9292.jpg

It had been 3800+ a few moments before.

1061969391_RoyalMintQueue3583BBCFiftyPenceCoinAlmostOver.thumb.jpg.af69652a2c27004e342ccb1745a9732f.jpg

For some reason this screen hung about for what seemed a long time.

"It is your turn Your'e almost there. You will be directed to the website as soon as possible."

Being pedantic, I just noticed "turn Your'e", but perhaps this message had been written by a Welsh speaker!

Finally:

474046462_RoyalMint100YearsorourBBC.thumb.jpg.3155ac6df81b62e54230434e9dc550d9.jpg

100 Years of Our BBC

Very colourful. Are we sure this is not "Gay Pride"?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

9 minutes ago, SilverPlatinum said:

Disappointed for couple of reasons.....🙁

- Sterling silver versus pure 999!

- Odd very low weights 8 grams and 16 grams! (not straight 1 oz or 2 oz).

- I did not manage to have a chance to get any (Sorry I was sleeping, the release time was mid-night in Canada).

Yes, I was a bit surprised they all sold out, and for the first time, I was unable to find a dealer with the coins in stock.  Sold out everywhere.  I was glad to get it on eBay for just a few pounds over RRP, and shipping to the U.S. was less than what the RM charges.  So, I ended up getting it close to RRP.

42 minutes ago, SilverPlatinum said:

Disappointed for couple of reasons.....🙁

- Sterling silver versus pure 999!

- Odd very low weights 8 grams and 16 grams! (not straight 1 oz or 2 oz).

- I did not manage to have a chance to get any (Sorry I was sleeping, the release time was mid-night in Canada).

I think these weights and compositions are standard for the 50p coins, though  those who collect them will know best. 

I saw that one dealer on eBay had close to 100 of the piedforts for sale.  With a mintage of 1,100, it's no wonder these coins quickly sold out.  I don't think many of the dealers got their regular allocation because the coins were sold out at every dealer I checked.

36 minutes ago, Petra said:

Apart from the bunc, all numbers were very low considering how popular the 50p is for collecting

Yes, I was totally shocked when I went online at 12:00 BST and everything was sold out EVERYWHERE.  I could not find a dealer that had the coins in stock except on eBay.  I did see that one eBay dealer who had almost 100 of the piedforts, so maybe several others bought up large chunks of them.

6 hours ago, Orpster said:

BBC......now I am sure that has a meaning other than British Broadcasting Corporation but it escapes me what it is right now?

I guess it does, but...

I could find:

Big Black Chickens

Big Black **** (will that get censored?)

Big Black Couch

Broad Band Channel

Bethany Baptist Church

Big Block Chevy

Baptist Bible College

Big Black Cat

Billionaire Boys Club    
Big Blue Cup 
Brisbane Boys College
Boarding for Breast Cancer
Best Background Check    
Big Blind Country
Bombay Bicycle Club    
Baseball Card    
Beautiful British Columbia

Actually, there are about 150 in total here:

https://www.acronymfinder.com/BBC.html

It would have been quicker and easier if you had just told us!

😎

Chards

BBC = Bloody Big Coin

I like the 50p design on this one.

The Royal Mint do seem to be releasing a lot more 50ps now, releasing them with the royal commemorative designs for the first time this year, dual releasing the Harry Potter series on 50p and other denominations.

Maybe they prefer to sell the smaller coins because they require less material to make, so will pump more of them out instead of the more traditional crown size of coin.

Drop down menu from RM email contact, says it all really. Why can’t companies just give their email address for “customer services” these days? 

B105398F-42B9-4EC9-ABBC-18996FD5CF90.png

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Just now, Stu said:

Drop down menu from RM email contact, says it all really. Why can’t companies just give their email address for “customer services” these days? 

B105398F-42B9-4EC9-ABBC-18996FD5CF90.png

The well done mint for doing a smashing job selection was just out of shot🤔

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

14 hours ago, JeffM said:

Yes, I was totally shocked when I went online at 12:00 BST and everything was sold out EVERYWHERE.  I could not find a dealer that had the coins in stock except on eBay.  I did see that one eBay dealer who had almost 100 of the piedforts, so maybe several others bought up large chunks of them.

The silver proofs are currently back in stock at the mint.