• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another Royal Mint Queue Today for 2022 BBC Centenary QEII Fifty Pence

One dealer on eBay has sold over 100 of the piedforts and has about 15 left.  There must have been large chunks of these bought, which accounts for the quick sellout.

Edited by JeffM

I would have thought that the established dealers would have had their allocation.  But, when I went online to check the availability at the dealers, they were all sold out.  I haven't seen that before even on wildly popular coins.  Then I checked eBay and saw that one dealer had over 10% (or more) of the entire mintage for sale.  

It will be interesting to see the final mintages of the unlimited silver coins, especially the 50p. I really like it and bought one.

But obviously the flippers will buy very limited numbers as people realise there is absolutely no need to pay over the RRP.

Lots of people also planning to wait and get one for buttons next year - which is probably sensible... But - if the flippers give it a miss, and plenty of people wait until next year is it possible the actual amount sold will be surprisingly few? I doubt it, I'd guess at least 100k minted, but it would be nice if It went the other way.

10 minutes ago, Bogart said:

Think RM have shot themselves in the foot. Affordable for most people proof Piedfort limited to 1100, who decided on that figure?

I think it was decided by Anne Jessopp herself at dinner a few weeks ago.  She had a spinner with her, spun the dial, and the number 1,100 came up.

22 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

None of the carnage at the rm surprises me any longer!

Longest running joke in history the royal mint!

We have had our issues here with the U.S. Mint, too.  Some issues were extremely difficult to get because of the flippers and their bots totally jamming the website on sales dates.  But, the Mint did something great by increasing or establishing subscriptions for popular coins.  So, now you sign up and will get every coin that is issued in that series (such as the American Silver Eagle).  You can cancel at any time.  Now on release date for those coins, you can sit back and relax because the coin will be automatically sent to you.

It is very telling that one quasi governmental department (RM) blesses other governmental organisations (NHS, BBC) and calls them “our”.

Rather like television awards where insiders pat each other on the back to be bewilderment of the public.

I would rather give my money direct to the HMRC than buying what this coin.

Not my circus, not my monkeys