• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

To be honest, I'm looking forward to the new Charles coins. It's been a long and boring 30 years of all Lizzie coins. Gosh it got to the point where I was excited (maybe not) to see Machin coins in circulation.

I miss the days of co-circulating monarchs, back to how it should be.

Hope inflation staves off a bit, so that the William V coins when they arrive in the 2040s-50s can enter circulation with the current stock - whatever's still left, if we even still have physical currency.

I'm really drawn to the 50p design - the 1953 coronation crown design looks surprisingly nice on the 50p shape. 

I think someone said before about the jubilee 50p being a nice bookend to have this year, I could see this pair - the platinum jubilee and the inaugural Charles III coin looking nice together in a two coin NGC or PCGS holder such as the below. Especially if there is a nice commemorative label that can be associated with it. 

twocoinslab0212.jpg

45 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Well, you still have a chance if they manage to not post them before the end of the year!

No, they will probably bang them out early and fast.

Which means @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer might have to wait longer for their next 30,000 silver Britannias, 2,000 gold Britannias, and 5,000 gold sovereigns!

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I don’t think they could have depicted Charles any better.

So now those coins are dated 2022 it will be the year that two monarchs feature on coins.

I wonder when we’ll see the first banknotes with Charles III.

New pound banknotes featuring a portrait of King Charles III will be presented by the end of the year and will enter circulation by mid-2024, the Bank of England said Tuesday. "His Majesty's portrait will appear on existing designs of all four polymer banknotes,” the statement said

(3 days ago)

😎

Chards

25 minutes ago, shaunscoins said:

I'm really drawn to the 50p design - the 1953 coronation crown design looks surprisingly nice on the 50p shape. 

I think someone said before about the jubilee 50p being a nice bookend to have this year, I could see this pair - the platinum jubilee and the inaugural Charles III coin looking nice together in a two coin NGC or PCGS holder such as the below. Especially if there is a nice commemorative label that can be associated with it. 

twocoinslab0212.jpg

Even @Paul would not be able to fit these in his safety deposit box.

16 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Shame they did not do a gothic gold twin slab. 

That gives me a great idea: 

2023 gold sovereigns in two different colours

1) Copper red / pink

2) Golden yellow

Would look great in a twin pack!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

14 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That gives me a great idea: 

2023 gold sovereigns in two different colours

1) Copper red / pink

2) Golden yellow

Would look great in a twin pack!

😎

The RM have a good opportunity for the 2023 sovereign to change back to the ‘yellow’ gold with the new Charles portrait.

If ever there was a time to change, this would be it, but I doubt they will.

55 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

I don’t think they could have depicted Charles any better.

So now those coins are dated 2022 it will be the year that two monarchs feature on coins.

I wonder when we’ll see the first banknotes with Charles III.

What seems even stranger is that there will be some 2023 coins with the Queen on and some 2022 coins with the King on! (albeit not in circulation)

That makes them all seem very desirable, but I hope it doesn't prevent the £2 restrike sets being launched this year!