• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

2 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Nice coins !

on Monday every man, woman, cat and dog will be queuing for this coin on the royal mint can’t wait 😃

Queue?……..what’s one of those🤣🤣🤣🤣 @Gruff this man doesn’t have a Mac running the safari browser………mate I can ghost though the queue-it system every time.  

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Queue?……..what’s one of those🤣🤣🤣🤣 @Gruff this man doesn’t have a Mac running the safari browser………mate I can ghost though the queue-it system every time.  

Just don’t take the micky with your margin when you’re trying to sell them all on to us!🫢

10 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@CoinStruck have you seen that 50P? 
hassle you AM for a gold one mate! 

@cliveb13 the gold 50p  has to be a must for you mate! 

@Darr3nG …………..🤗🤗🤗🤗

I’ve just emailed my AM right now trying to get the gold reserved as I don’t expect me getting one on Monday if I join the queue system. 

24 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Nice coins !

on Monday every man, woman, cat and dog will be queuing for this coin on the royal mint can’t wait 😃

The fact that these coins have been discussed on both TV and radio - this is advertising that RM can't even usually dream about - this should really stimulate demand.

Think they nailed the Charles portrait - came out much better than I'd of expected. The Elizabeth portraits on the memorial coin massively let that down... just looks rushed and something I'd expect one of the smaller mints to churn out. Shame on that. The 50p looks amazing both sides.

I'm waiting for the 10ps.

I wonder if they'll change all the reverse designs?

Not sure if the 50p is a 'commemorative' design or a new standard design.

I wonder if the Dent fragmented shield design has seen its day? Shame if so because I quite like it, although I'd welcome some fresh designs - so long as they don't look like cliparts or those insipid Christopher Ironside designs that came with decimalisation - the portcullis penny still screams bland every time I see one.

I hope they don't rehash loads of pre-decimal designs either. As great as they are, it's always nice to have something new. Although that said, I can see the 3d wreath design being used on a 5p.

Edited by SidS

2 minutes ago, SidS said:

I'm waiting for the 10ps.

I wonder if they'll change all the reverse designs?

Not sure if the 50p is a 'commemorative' design or a new standard design.

I wonder if the Dent fragmented shield design has seen its day? Shame if so because I quite like it, although I'd welcome some fresh designs - so long as they don't look like cliparts or those insipid Christopher Ironside designs that came with decimalisation - the portcullis penny still screams bland every time I see one.

I hope they don't rehash loads of pre-decimal designs.

I’d love some pre-decimals, and would be nice to see Britiannia back on our coinage.