• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First Charles III portrait coins

17 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

What seems even stranger is that there will be some 2023 coins with the Queen on and some 2022 coins with the King on! (albeit not in circulation)

That makes them all seem very desirable, but I hope it doesn't prevent the £2 restrike sets being launched this year!

Makes the  Gold Yale’s very desirable

390AF882-DD18-402B-937B-EA93FB2B6978.jpeg

C5F9E372-4007-49D1-89F7-AACAD83F71C9.jpeg

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

38 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

What seems even stranger is that there will be some 2023 coins with the Queen on and some 2022 coins with the King on! (albeit not in circulation)

If this BBC report is correct, then the King Charles fifty pences dated 2022 will enter circulation circulation before the end of this year:

!

King Charles personally approved the effigy, and was understood to be pleased with the likeness.

The coins will be sold to collectors by The Royal Mint from early next week. The 50p coin will be available for general use well before the end of the year, distributed according to demand by banks, building societies and post offices.

😎

32 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Makes the  Gold Yale’s very desirable

390AF882-DD18-402B-937B-EA93FB2B6978.jpeg

C5F9E372-4007-49D1-89F7-AACAD83F71C9.jpeg

Yales!

😎

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

If this BBC report is correct, then the King Charles fifty pences dated 2022 will enter circulation circulation before the end of this year:

!

King Charles personally approved the effigy, and was understood to be pleased with the likeness.

The coins will be sold to collectors by The Royal Mint from early next week. The 50p coin will be available for general use well before the end of the year, distributed according to demand by banks, building societies and post offices.

😎

Yales!

😎

RepentantGivingFlyingfish-mobile.mp4

4 hours ago, Zhorro said:

As the Charles III portrait is now approved, it probably means that the 2023 proof Sovereign is back on track to be released in early/mid-November - though there may be a two month delay in delivery!

4 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

Seems likely this will be on the 2023 Sovereign, which means massive queues 😣

3 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

I will be picking a few of the sovereigns up 😁

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

No, they will probably bang them out early and fast.

Which means @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer might have to wait longer for their next 30,000 silver Britannias, 2,000 gold Britannias, and 5,000 gold sovereigns!

😎

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

The RM have a good opportunity for the 2023 sovereign to change back to the ‘yellow’ gold with the new Charles portrait.

If ever there was a time to change, this would be it, but I doubt they will.

54 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

Sovereigns you say!!!!😯

Talking about "picking a few of the sovereigns up", @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer have started a new weight training course:

Calbicep.thumb.jpg.43c6c4c60c20a62e9d81dbaefe65aef9.jpg

In readiness for the increased demand!

😎

Chards

I saw the gold and silver 50p coins in this video and literally had a chill go down my spine.

It felt surreal to once again be reminded of the magnitude of the events we’re living through.

A change of Monarch has not happened for a lifetime, and will likely happen only once more in most of our lifetimes.

The 50p looks very elegant and regal. I don’t really care for the other two coins in this range.

24 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I saw the gold and silver 50p coins in this video and literally had a chill go down my spine.

It felt surreal to once again be reminded of the magnitude of the events we’re living through.

A change of Monarch has not happened for a lifetime, and will likely happen only once more in most of our lifetimes.

The 50p looks very elegant and regal. I don’t really care for the other two coins in this range.

Sure, it is based ot the 1953 and 1960 crownsL

1960elizabethiiVIPnewyorkexhibition5shillingscrownproofrevcrop.thumb.jpg.8013dea59fcb4a4c44103b719701c0ee.jpg

But it looks like we need to find a cleaner coin to re-photograph.

😎

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Sure, it is based ot the 1953 and 1960 crownsL

1960elizabethiiVIPnewyorkexhibition5shillingscrownproofrevcrop.thumb.jpg.8013dea59fcb4a4c44103b719701c0ee.jpg

But it looks like we need to find a cleaner coin to re-photograph.

😎

Yep. It feels like a bit of a bookend to have the 1953 Coronation Crown reverse on the reverse of Charles III’s first 50p. Using it as a Crown again would’ve felt like a bit on the nose. I like how they chose to reuse the concept with the little 1953 switching to 2022.

I didn’t know it was used in 1960 too so thanks for pointing it out. Will have to read up and see the story behind that.

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Yep. It feels like a bit of a bookend to have the 1953 Coronation Crown reverse on the reverse of Charles III’s first 50p. Using it as a Crown again would’ve felt like a bit on the nose. I like how they chose to reuse the concept with the little 1953 switching to 2022.

I didn’t know it was used in 1960 too so thanks for pointing it out. Will have to read up and see the story behind that.

This might help:

https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=1960crown.php

😎

Chards

Just now, westminstrel said:

The 1960 coins are interesting, most were struck at the Royal Mint, however, a few thousand were struck in New York at British Exhibition, there is a way to distinguish the two, but my memory fails me.

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thank you as always for having this type of info at hand.

3 minutes ago, SidS said:

The 1960 coins are interesting, most were struck at the Royal Mint, however, a few thousand were struck in New York at British Exhibition, there is a way to distinguish the two, but my memory fails me.

Looks like the Proofs struck at the RM are rare (and expensive). 

8 minutes ago, SidS said:

Polished Die Prooflike Version
The coins struck at the exhibition were made using polished dies, normally used only for proof coins, although the raised parts of the design were not matt finish, as is typical of proofs, and most of these coins are found with bagmarks (due to the unsold coins being bagged up and shipped back to the UK). Because of this, perfect examples of the polished die version are hard to find.

Source: https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=1960crown.php

😎

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

Polished Die Prooflike Version
The coins struck at the exhibition were made using polished dies, normally used only for proof coins, although the raised parts of the design were not matt finish, as is typical of proofs, and most of these coins are found with bagmarks (due to the unsold coins being bagged up and shipped back to the UK). Because of this, perfect examples of the polished die version are hard to find.

Source: https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=1960crown.php

😎

We were posting at the same time again it seems earlier, however, yet again you beat me to it. I'm just a slow typist. So I hadn't read your link!

1 minute ago, SidS said:

We were posting at the same time again it seems earlier, however, yet again you beat me to it. I'm just a slow typist. So I hadn't read your link!

What!

You have never read the entire content of my / our very first website?

Not even the first 20,000 pages of it?

😎

Chards

So what is this queue process for the RM website?

I just ordered a 2022 Britannia Proof last week, so I have an account created.

Do I need to queue for each coin, or just to get into the website itself?

Once I'm let in, can I buy multiple coins?

I would want one of each of the silver Proofs

I actually really like them both and of course this is history in the making!

I normally only collect 1oz rounds, is the 5 Pounds coin a 1oz round? 

Looks like it would be based on the size compared to the other 50p offering.

I would love to pick up both of these now and hopefully a 2023 Britannia Proof with KCIII.

If I can get my hands on these 2 first coins, I would probably try to complete the set as they're released now that I'm in the game and on deck tracking all of this.

And since I'm in the US, this would go live for me Sunday evening right?  Does anyone know what time EST it would be?

Edited by thegreywizard