• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Jubilee Sovereign.

SamGibsonBJJ

35 minutes ago, SamGibsonBJJ said:

Do you guys feel the 2022 Jubilee Sovereign will hold a premium in the future due to the sad passing of the Queen?

Also do you feel the 2023 Charles III Sovereign will hold a premium in the future due to it being the first of the new King?

It depends which Sovereign you’re referring to.

If bullion, it seems the RM has only halted production temporarily due to the underwhelming demand, but these will be in stock again. There are millions of these and they’re likely to hold a slightly bigger premium even in years to come, but they’ll never be unaffordable. 

If you’re referring to Proof versions, then indeed some have hefty premiums, and a few are quite unaffordable to the average person.

14 minutes ago, MergingCultures said:

What about the 2022 Royal Arms? They don't seem too popular.

Did they only do them in 1/10 and an Oz?

I might buy a few more Sovereigns before the end of the year though.

Seen very few Royal Arms, either not many sold or anyone with one is holding 

I think they'll end up with a premium, whether that's warranted or not.

If they mint enough of them, they'll be as rare as the end of pre-decimal 1970 proof sets that they were still minting in the mid-70s.

In years to come, I suspect the 2022 sovereign will hold a small premium over the normal St George & Dragon design from previous years. This will be due to the fact the 2022 release is a different design from the norm and will be a little more desirable.

2 hours ago, SamGibsonBJJ said:

2022 Jubilee Sovereign.

Do you guys feel the 2022 Jubilee Sovereign will hold a premium in the future due to the sad passing of the Queen?

Also do you feel the 2023 Charles III Sovereign will hold a premium in the future due to it being the first of the new King?

I guess you are referring the the bullion versions of both.

Yes, a slight premium compared with most definitive years, because of type collecting.

While this is usually good interest and demand for the first coin of each new monarch or design, this is usually at its greatest at the time, then dwindles to some extent over time.

An example might be 1887 Queen Victoria Jubilee Head sovereigns. this was the first year of the design for her Golden Jubilee, and still the most popular date. Fortunately, especially with the London Mint issue, lots of people stashed one or morw away at the time, so that they still tend to turn up in minty condition more than other jubilee heads, or other mints.

I also guess you are asking because you are thinking of buying one or both.

If you like them go ahead and buy one of each. As long as you don't stampede into paying a stupid price / premium for them, they should be a good investment.

the 2022 gold double sovereign will also be about 100 times rarer.

Did anybody mention they are on a special TSF free postage offer from a well-known Blackpool bullion dealer?

Buy one before they sell out, and you might also win a 2022 gold sovereign, which would definitely be a good investment!

😎

Chards

2 hours ago, Fishface220 said:

I’m thinking more that it will be worth a bit less if everyone and his dog is queuing up on the royal mint website to grab a piece of memorabilia from this year. 

And you willl pay more for it on the RM website than from the best dealers around!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, Petra said:

Seen very few Royal Arms, either not many sold or anyone with one is holding 

H.M. Queen Elizabeth used to wave her royal arms out of the window of her royal car and coach as she rode by, and also from the balcony at Buck House.

Mind you, they were the same two arms as she has always had, so even if you include all the other members of the extended royal family, that's only a few dozen royal arms!

😎

Chards

42 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

This is astounding news to me.

I thought there would only ever be one Charles the 3rd!

😎

You put the image in my head of a room full of cloned King Charles all milling about, talking to the plants and congratulating each other on their charity achievements.

2 hours ago, Stuntman said:

Question 1: Yes

Question 2: No

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

What were the questions?

😎

They were:

Question 1:  Will Chards be offering free postage to celebrate the coronation of King Charles III ?

Question 2: Would Queen Camilla and King Charles III be welcomed were they to visit Chards of Blackpool ?

😎

Edited by Happypanda88
Typo