• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion gold, silver and copper any idea of valuation?

Hi all,

Have found in an old box from years and years ago some bits and bobs I bought that I no longer know much about it I’m honest! I have what is probably 6-8 (?) grams of gold leaf, 7 (very small) USA liberty fractional pieces of gold and an 1852 fractional California gold piece too, plus a silver and copper bar. Please see pics.

Being totally honest not entirely sure what any of it is worth over and above perhaps spot, so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom please do feel free to get in touch.

1C2D71B8-134D-474B-9382-83ED0D73A18B.jpeg

6D02B9FC-4C10-480E-98DB-A952AEC0DD02.jpeg

BF5EA39E-764A-4D6A-BF94-292C79DB5680.jpeg

812DF690-356C-435E-B19B-C2256BCD6386.jpeg

Here’s the silver and copper bars

996337C6-D6FE-4E23-B297-4DC413EE47A2.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

Might want to consider this thread being moved chap and seek opinion on prices then post a sales thread. Forum rules for sales are prices must be stated. 

Love the copper bar btw and when you do sell GLWS 

Thanks for that - yes I should probably move it - do you know how I do that? Or will admin automatically move? 😊

26 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Hi all,

Have found in an old box from years and years ago some bits and bobs I bought that I no longer know much about it I’m honest! I have what is probably 6-8 (?) grams of gold leaf, 7 (very small) USA liberty fractional pieces of gold and an 1852 fractional California gold piece too, plus a silver and copper bar. Please see pics.

Being totally honest not entirely sure what any of it is worth over and above perhaps spot, so if anyone has any pearls of wisdom please do feel free to get in touch.

1C2D71B8-134D-474B-9382-83ED0D73A18B.jpeg

6D02B9FC-4C10-480E-98DB-A952AEC0DD02.jpeg

BF5EA39E-764A-4D6A-BF94-292C79DB5680.jpeg

812DF690-356C-435E-B19B-C2256BCD6386.jpeg

Here’s the silver and copper bars

996337C6-D6FE-4E23-B297-4DC413EE47A2.jpeg

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this on ebay?

😎

Chards

24 minutes ago, James32 said:

The silver Buffalo bar £25 or there abouts 

The gold coins I'm not sure as the pictures aren't great.

@LawrenceChard

@Mrpound

@modofantasma

@Scaffstacker

@Leonmarsh

@Chrissyblards1

@DuncanWylieWilson

I wonder if the buffalo bar is magnetic.

I'm not sure about any of it, but I think I might be if the photos were better, much better.

It would be good to see pictures of the other sides of the 7 yellow coloured things.

😎

Chards

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

I wonder if the buffalo bar is magnetic.

I'm not sure about any of it, but I think I might be if the photos were better, much better.

It would be good to see pictures of the other sides of the 7 yellow coloured things.

😎

Art attack set from the 90s?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, dmcac said:

How much for 1oz copper bar? 

What is on those bags? shaving? of what? 

At least it is probably genuine copper.

The yellow stuff in the bags is not gold leaf!

😎

5 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I'd like a bet with you, Lawrence of Blackpool!

How much?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

2 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Front and back of the small coins through x10 loupe

D31FF9F6-AD4C-480A-BC01-7E6E91826ADC.jpeg

94CB57C1-078C-4B98-8E01-84CF37D5F7B2.jpeg

They are making me curious, 

Probably need a better camera/more daylight for better pictures and maybe weigh them? Check diameter and thickness and check Google with your findings. 

Do you remember what you paid? Or even where you acquired?

What date is on them? I can make out MCM but nothing else.

11 minutes ago, James32 said:

They are making me curious, 

Probably need a better camera/more daylight for better pictures and maybe weigh them? Check diameter and thickness and check Google with your findings. 

Do you remember what you paid? Or even where you acquired?

What date is on them? I can make out MCM but nothing else.

Hi James. It says MCMVII. Some coins the VII is not as visible due to wear and tear I guess. Was advised to drop them into water and they sunk…? Not sure how scientific or helpful that is though!

707DECF2-D9B1-4EE1-B09E-E92E30F6656F.jpeg

1273B7AF-678D-4C90-8AE0-7AAC8AA1E8F2.jpeg

36 minutes ago, stefffana said:

I'd like a bet with you, Lawrence of Blackpool!

Says the king of leady gold plating!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Hi James. It says MCMVII. Some coins the VII is not as visible due to wear and tear I guess. Was advised to drop them into water and they sunk…? Not sure how scientific or helpful that is though!

Thats 1907....Brass would sink too though, whilst you have the water out... check YouTube for @BackyardBullion specific gravity test.

Edited by James32

34 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

How much?

😎

@stefffana will wager a ton of silver sprayed trays! vs 50 of your sovs!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, Yorkshiremanc said:

Nope. Will sunk indifferent of what metal is.

A specific gravity test will not help too much, because the coins/tokens are too small and it is impossible to have very accurate results with a generic cheap scale.

The best way it is to check them at a pawn shop/jeweller to see first if they are gold ant what purity.

The golden stuffs, I don't think is gold. The easiest way to check is to put a drop of acid test (can be the cheapest one from Ebay for 9ct) on a small quantity of leaves. If nothing is happening it is gold. If will burn green or yellow, it is not.

2 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Nope. Will sunk indifferent of what metal is.

A specific gravity test will not help too much, because the coins/tokens are too small and it is impossible to have very accurate results with a generic cheap scale.

The best way it is to check them at a pawn shop/jeweller to see first if they are gold ant what purity.

The golden stuffs, I don't think is gold. The easiest way to check is to put a drop of acid test (can be the cheapest one from Ebay for 9ct) on a small quantity of leaves. If nothing is happening it is gold. If will burn green or yellow, it is not.

Thanks - will take them to a pawn/jewellers next time I’m out and about! As for the leaf - would vinegar work or does it have to be a specific acid?