• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

37 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I don't think it will do as well as those. The desirability of the 2022 proof sovereigns must surely be impacted by the availability of the same design in unlimited edition bullion form.

It won't at all - they are completely different markets :)

Edited by kimchi

Spoke with my account manager today and secured the coins I wanted from this release. Very happy with the mintages for the 50p two coin gold set, and love the design and observe of the 2oz Platinum Jubilee gold. I feel both will perform well over the years.

Just wish the RM would take a 6 months break from releasing lovely new coins, as it's been a crazy few weeks/months! Spreading them out would have been thoughtful!

Have many received what they ordered yet?

rm2.png

5 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

Cheers Andrew. I hope that you are lucky 🤞

You're both lucky to have got them at all, let alone with any magic numbers! 😂 I would have loved the platinum 50p but settled for the 1oz platinum just because it was the next best available thing in my eyes.

I think it's a shame they didn't make more platinum coins for the occasion, but obviously it's good for anyone who got some. A cheaper bullion offering would have been nice too (a proper one, as opposed to just a platinum Britannia in a special sleeve).

• 4 weeks later...

Got my 2 oz Silver Proof Platinum Jubilee Coin today.

Only issue is this one break in the frosting. 

What do people think, is this enough to be sending back for a replacement?

Thanks in advance!
BYB

plat jubilee.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Thanks in advance!
BYB

plat jubilee.jpg

That's unfortunate 😕 

In my opinion yes send back and that should not have been missed,the more returns ( within reason) the better,as they will be forced to actually put live bodies into their QC room.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Thanks in advance!
BYB

plat jubilee.jpg

Is it worthy of complaint? Would RM deem it to be acceptable? Is there a point where RM would stand their ground and say "We find that acceptable"?

I think it's in their interests to take a "customer is always right" stance (Within reason). It's understandable that some customers would be happy with it and some would not. If RM deem that coin acceptable (which I expect they would) then it's not that much of an issue for them to re-sell it. I'm sure it would get snapped up quite quickly. I guess it all depends on personal opinion, whether it stops you enjoying ownership of it. Or for resale value, whether you think it might be worth less.

It doesn't look post production. If that was the only issue then I'd be optimistic for it achieving a 70. On that basis, I would probably grade it. And like any other submission, I'd only be disappointed with a sub 70. Otherwise, I would accept the graders judgement that it is a perfect condition coin. That of course is subjective and many people would say a perfect slab doesn't mean a perfect coin. And of course, one might not want to grade it for a multitude of reasons, in which case, is it acceptable in its OMP?

Interesting to know what your thoughts are BYB, and what decision you make?

Edit: I forgot to mention, in my personal opinion, a 70 grade has extra significance because the coin commemorates a 70th anniversary. Not to everyone's concern but just my thoughts

Edited by SilverJacks

On 24/01/2022 at 18:01, Alz111 said:

I love getting some of my coins graded so I’m thinking of getting my coins from the piedfort set graded would that be a good idea ? 

I don't know whether it's financially viable. The platinum jubilee coins in the set are much rarer than the horseback versions. That makes it really interesting imo. Did you make a decision?

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

I don't know whether it's financially viable. The platinum jubilee coins in the set are much rarer than the horseback versions. That makes it really interesting imo. Did you make a decision?

I’ve decided against it not going to get them graded 

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Thanks in advance!
BYB

plat jubilee.jpg

They don’t even need live bodies. They could get AI to reject coins like the app you can get to pre-grade a Pokémon or other collector card. Damn they even use better tech to QC potatoes 🥔 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

• 2 weeks later...

What the heck is going at the royal mint, first is a secrect release of a whole bunch of monarch series coins, still a dozen gold 1 and 2oz avaliable. Now just looking on the website I found this being avaliable again.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-queens-platinum-jubilee/the-platinum-jubilee-of-her-majesty-the-queen-2022-5-silver-proof-piedfort-coin/