• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Probably QC, packing, shipping etc

They have such a huge backlog, many Gothic Quartered Arms haven't been delivered yet, Henry VII too. Probably more but if I haven't bought I wouldn't know.

Yep, their backlog must be large.  I am still owed a 1 oz. silver Henry VII and a 5 oz. silver Platinum Jubilee coin in addition to the SOTD Sovereign and the Gothic portrait coin.

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

Yep, their backlog must be large.  I am still owed a 1 oz. silver Henry VII and a 5 oz. silver Platinum Jubilee coin in addition to the SOTD Sovereign and the Gothic portrait coin.

🤣🤣🤣🤣Honestly it looks like they owe you almost all of your recent new coins, not a single one is missed. hahahaha

You may have been deceived by the RM scam group website

Edited by JJH

Just now, Foster88 said:

Has anyone had a dispatch confirmation email for theirs? I noticed it said delivered within 2 weeks on Sunday when they were available but I just thought I’d ask.

Not a thing unfortunately 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

On 08/02/2022 at 02:40, Foster88 said:

We are in uncharted territory, that’s for sure.

We’ll never see another monarch on the throne for 70 years in our lifetimes. 

Who knows how the 6th Feb 2022 SOTD Matt sovereign will fare in the future, but I think it’s a safe bet.

I prefer older sovereigns, I like the history but we are without doubt mere custodians of tomorrow’s history. If you think, why are there so many high graded 1887 sovereigns and not just sovereigns out there but other 1887 coins.

People put them away, just like we’re doing with our 2022 sovereigns and other 2022 coins.

Maybe any 2022 coins will be worth more in the future.

That is an amazing thought.

one day our purchases from the mint, that we queue for online, will be held by some random person who isnt even born yet, wondering what it was like back in the old days. As we look back to the 20s

I will have my SOTD buried with me, if the mint have delivered it by then.

22 minutes ago, coinory said:

I sent £600 offer  🤣 It will be a second hand product so...  🤪

Come on now mate, hurry, the offer won’t last long!

Where is the desperado button on eBay, I’ve not seen it yet?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

21 hours ago, JeffM said:

For a normal coin like a 1oz silver henry VII it's pretty terrible people are waiting weeks,or even months for other coins.

any other place you'd be on to them after a week.

Edited by blackadder

33 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I've just noticed that the Strike Your Own for the VIP tours has been updated to be the 2022 Proof Sovereign!

image.thumb.png.7cb2f16f8a11ae1eae39684c8fa80bde.png

Would these be classed as a ‘variety’ themselves or is that going to push the mintage up.

Surely it can’t increase the mintage the RM have set?

9 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Would these be classed as a ‘variety’ themselves or is that going to push the mintage up.

Surely it can’t increase the mintage the RM have set?

There can only be a maximum of 4 per week, so I can't imagine it having a massive impact.

5 minutes ago, blackadder said:

hehe yeah :) but the sovereign might be  good buy depending on the documentation you get with it.

Proving it's a vip strike one etc

Yeah they strike it in front of you but it then takes both you and the sovereign 3 weeks to get home 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip