• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are you still buying gold now its went up in price?

Smiler999

1 hour ago, RDHC said:

Yes, plus the prospect that central banks may start to issue their own cryptos, which, I assume - but perhaps I am wrong? - would take the wind out of the sails of Bitcoin 'et al'. The Bank of England has already taken a tentative step in that direction. That would still leave Bitcoin with its 'hot money', dodgy clients, but would that be enough for continued support from the speculators and those that believe, rightly or wrongly, in Bitcoin as an everyday medium of exchange? I don't know myself, but perhaps others do.

Personally I feel bitcoin would never replace gold, it's far too complicated for the average Joe and just as much manipulated. I think they would probably run along side eachother as it's always good to have options on where to put your money but don't consider either to be a medium of exchange. Both asset's a primarily used to profit in the form of fiat and until it gets here I am not sure how a cbdc would work.

1 hour ago, Centauri167 said:

Is this the Top, no, I'm sure it can/ will go higher but I'm also pretty sure that after the Fed increases the intrest rates the price will be much lower than today.

Central Banks can't even suggest they may raise interests rates; that alone would send stock markets, hooked on easy credit, into a tailspin. The debt cannotbe repaid: default or devaluation. They're going for devaluation.

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I would say after reading all the comments on this thread...BUY GOLD,Period....if you are in it for the long time you won't lose unless their is a world wide economic collapse in fiat or a Meteorite crashes into our planet and if that happens none of us will be here so know point in worrying...😏 Gold and Silver will always be on a rollercoaster of ups and downs controlled by the fed and interest rates,inflation and comments by distinguished financiers as its always been...I will keep buying Gold even if the price continues to rise,obviously we all want to buy on the dip..but for us are in it for the next 5/10/15 years and not day traders or flippers on precious metals I truly believe we will be the ones that benefit on buying as much Gold that we can afford now...and keeping it long term...And of those who do that will see the results in years to come......I don't have to tell you this as you all know ......we are not into buying PM's as a get rich scheme..we are buying and collecting/stacking for our future and our children's future..

Regards..

This is coming, by design, and is the very best reason to buy and hold physical gold.

An article from 2012:

https://www.conspiracy-cafe.com/apps/blog/show/12947425-hyperbolic-debt-hyperbolic-gold-it-is-upon-us

And another from 2007:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/casey/casey031207.html

3 hours ago, noddycoder said:

Central Banks can't even suggest they may raise interests rates; that alone would send stock markets, hooked on easy credit, into a tailspin. The debt cannotbe repaid: default or devaluation. They're going for devaluation.

The Fed did it a week ago, said they would raise the intrest rates sooner than expected so you are wrong. The stock markets went a few days in the minus but that was it.

Devaluation is not longer an option, all remaining currencies who matters are connected to each other, leaving no room for significant profits by doing that.

2 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I would say after reading all the comments on this thread...BUY GOLD,Period....if you are in it for the long time you won't lose unless their is a world wide economic collapse in fiat or a Meteorite crashes into our planet and if that happens none of us will be here so know point in worrying...😏 Gold and Silver will always be on a rollercoaster of ups and downs controlled by the fed and interest rates,inflation and comments by distinguished financiers as its always been...I will keep buying Gold even if the price continues to rise,obviously we all want to buy on the dip..but for us are in it for the next 5/10/15 years and not day traders or flippers on precious metals I truly believe we will be the ones that benefit on buying as much Gold that we can afford now...and keeping it long term...And of those who do that will see the results in years to come......I don't have to tell you this as you all know ......we are not into buying PM's as a get rich scheme..we are buying and collecting/stacking for our future and our children's future..

Regards..

You buy for the right reasons, that's for sure. I'm buying pm's from 2013 and I have made very nice profits on them ( not that I sold any but the increase in value ) but if you look at longer periods, buying at an all time high can mean that you have to wait for 5-10 years just to get your money back.

That's the reason I would be very careful now and stop buying for a short period and see what the markets and pm's will do.

Certainly with silver, if the economy will cool down because of the inflation, the industrial demand for silver will also decrease big time.

It are bad times, that's for sure ...

Probably off topic, but the POG (price of gold) and also of silver are manipulated massively  (look at the amount of ‘paper gold’ derivatives created each day)

so measuring your gold investment daily on a manipulated spot price will be an inaccurate assessment

I personally look at two things:

1) price over spot: self explanatory 

2) liquidity: how quickly I can sell it

How I see it is: If we have stagflation or inflation, gold will almost always be the asset with the highest potential (even better than property). If we end up with a depression (bankruptcies, massive lay-offs, ) then gold will be a nice cushion to get you out of the woods…We might end up with both scenarios 

Need to change the mindset start to count your wealth in number of Oz or no. Of sovereigns instead

Value of your stack is only relevant when you choose to convert it back to fiat debt tokens, either way you'll have more Oz than you did sitting on the fence waiting for dips or th best price

11 hours ago, Centauri167 said:

Certainly with silver, if the economy will cool down because of the inflation, the industrial demand for silver will also decrease big time.

Thanks in part to that Swedish doom goblin Thunberg, and all the other Greenies, so many countries are actively committed to policies requiring huge amount of extra Silver, it's very hard to see how that could happen.

Electric cars, their charging infrastructure, and solar panels/similar already account for 20-25% of silver consumption and with internal combustion engines being banned and additional solar requirements predicate Silver industrial demand may actually grow IMO.

3 hours ago, papi1980 said:

How I see it is: If we have stagflation or inflation, gold will almost always be the asset with the highest potential (even better than property). If we end up with a depression (bankruptcies, massive lay-offs, ) then gold will be a nice cushion to get you out of the woods…We might end up with both scenarios 

Inflation - yes, stagflation - no; stagflation required a stagnant economy and we don't have that - just too many people who are currently paid too much to stay at home than work - so that will need to be addressed. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

53 minutes ago, Coverte said:

Inflation - yes, stagflation - no; stagflation required a stagnant economy and we don't have that - just too many people who are currently paid too much to stay at home than work - so that will need to be addressed. 

The only thing booming is prices certainly not productivity. Absolutely stagflationary.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

21 hours ago, CANV said:

I’ve always found the stock market falls that accompany an inflationary  crisis amusing.   What else can you buy.    Property PM’s and stocks .

The danger with property is that they are ( or can ) taxing it more and more. I see it with mine, getting worse every year ...

4 hours ago, Coverte said:

Thanks in part to that Swedish doom goblin Thunberg, and all the other Greenies, so many countries are actively committed to policies requiring huge amount of extra Silver, it's very hard to see how that could happen.

Electric cars, their charging infrastructure, and solar panels/similar already account for 20-25% of silver consumption and with internal combustion engines being banned and additional solar requirements predicate Silver industrial demand may actually grow IMO.

If the big reset, hyper inflation, or just a real economic cool down will happen, people will not have money to buy fancy electric cars, solar panels or other things that consumes a lot of silver.

That's why I believe much more in gold for if it will go bad. On the other side, if there will not be any doom scenario, silver will have the most potential in my opinion.

I'm still buying, albeit slower than before. I think when you get to the average joe bullion stacker, buying naturally self limits. At the end of the day, it costs me more £ per ounce and i only have a certain number of £ free, therefore i can buy less gold. As @dicker said earlier, cost averaging is my friend too 😄 I am trying as best i can to dodge the particularly big spikes, but i think that the days of £1000 an ounce may be well and truly behind us.
Silver i am now only buying either for gifts (as with a handful of Kookaburra's earlier this week). Or if there is something particularly pretty that i want to buy more just to look at than for any chance of a gain.

1 hour ago, GBStacking said:

I'm still buying, albeit slower than before. I think when you get to the average joe bullion stacker, buying naturally self limits. At the end of the day, it costs me more £ per ounce and i only have a certain number of £ free, therefore i can buy less gold. As @dicker said earlier, cost averaging is my friend too 😄 I am trying as best i can to dodge the particularly big spikes, but i think that the days of £1000 an ounce may be well and truly behind us.
Silver i am now only buying either for gifts (as with a handful of Kookaburra's earlier this week). Or if there is something particularly pretty that i want to buy more just to look at than for any chance of a gain.

This is pretty much my strategy too, especially with regard to silver purchases.

It's wonderful giving someone who's never held PM's before a gift of a silver coin, and seeing their reaction as they behold it's beauty and weight in their hands. Treasure indeed!

4 hours ago, KevinFlynn said:

Does anyone think gold will ever go down again? Will anyone never buy again if it doesn't go down?

🙆‍♂️

I am in that category, I am accumulating cash at the mo, I feel there may be a crash coming with a bit of Basel thrown in. But ultimately I will still buy it but probably more silver than gold. Currently trying to learn the crypto markets just to get a feel for it and gain enough knowledge if the metals market don't work out.