• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are you still buying gold now its went up in price?

Smiler999

1 minute ago, MonkeysUncle said:

I was going to acquire more gold Beasts today... but my usual supplier hath runeth out - and tells me this past fortnight has been especially good for his piggy bank.

Anyone found any bullion '22 sovs anywhere (anywhere other than RM that is)?

Bullion? Surely there not out yet?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just bashed the bank account for more of that shiny golden bullion stuff. Less calories than those golden coins M&S are selling. That's probably it for me for a while now due to funds or rather a lack of!

However if anyone is good at peddling a get away car and can get hold of a shooter then I'll provide some stockings and we can go blagging to fund our metal habits...

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Griffo said:

Why are 22's more desirable than 21's please?

2022s have a one off, different design to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee.

Like other one off design's they will hold a little more premium in the long run but you will be able to buy them for the standard price from dealers throughout the year.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

25 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

2022s have a one off, different design to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee.

Like other one off design's they will hold a little more premium in the long run but you will be able to buy them for the standard price from dealers throughout the year.

I like the new design, but I assumed that a sovereign, not a proof etc would be worth a similar value year on year, I get that a new design near the possible end of her reign may be worth a bit more.
I see the 5 sovereign sets are 2k up on the original price already!

4 minutes ago, Griffo said:

I like the new design, but I assumed that a sovereign, not a proof etc would be worth a similar value year on year, I get that a new design near the possible end of her reign may be worth a bit more.
I see the 5 sovereign sets are 2k up on the original price already!

Depending on condition, year, numbers minted or design many bullion Sovs vary in price.

Look for the 2002, 2005, 2012 and 2017 bullion sovereign design/prices compared with other modern bullion sovereigns as an example.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

1 minute ago, CaptCaveMan said:

Depending on condition, year, numbers minted or design many bullion Sovs vary in price.

Look for the 2002, 2005, 2012 and 2017 bullion sovereign design/prices compared with other modern bullion sovereigns as an example.

I don't like the colour of the new sovereigns compared to the older ones, since they changed the grade either, it doesn't look right.

7 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

There’s a 2012 for sale in the forum right now for £350. I thought it would have been snapped up.

11 minutes ago, Griffo said:

I don't like the colour of the new sovereigns compared to the older ones, since they changed the grade either, it doesn't look right.

If you're in the market for cheap CGT-free British bullion this year to put aside for a rainy day you won't go wrong with the 2022s with the special design. Don't look at 'em - stash them away for as long as you can and then you should enjoy at least a bit of a premium if you sell :)

8 hours ago, kimchi said:

If you're in the market for cheap CGT-free British bullion this year to put aside for a rainy day you won't go wrong with the 2022s with the special design. Don't look at 'em - stash them away for as long as you can and then you should enjoy at least a bit of a premium if you sell :)

The Mint seem to have sold out as are most dealers, is that because they were all pre-order and release date isn't until January?
I am guessing there will some available soon maybe at inflated prices?

2 hours ago, Griffo said:

The Mint seem to have sold out as are most dealers, is that because they were all pre-order and release date isn't until January?

Proofs sold out on release day, bullion ones don't come out until 11th January and there will be a plentiful supply at the normal percentages 

1 minute ago, Smiler999 said:

Proofs sold out on release day, bullion ones don't come out until 11th January and there will be a plentiful supply at the normal percentages 

Thanks, learning all the time and I have a lot to learn, so that's much appreciated 👍

On 01/01/2022 at 09:59, Griffo said:

Yep, as @Smiler999 says - there's no limit in production so no rush and will be available all year. I am guessing that part of the reason for the early demand/sell-out is this is a special design - no point buying the last year or two (at the same bullion price) when this year is a little bit 'special' and you can guarantee they will be hot from the Mint (not pre-owned) :)

Edited by kimchi