• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QB vs KB

Just wanted to remind everyone the first QB coin visual appeal vs the current first KB coin and put into perspective just how beautiful the Lion was/is!

No hate against the KB I have some on order :)

What does everyone else think about the future of KB?

BA50FDFD-B8AE-4F61-9AEA-A0D51047AA2B.jpeg

2F436537-4230-4730-B66D-82929F93F727.jpeg

Edited by Touvex

5 minutes ago, Touvex said:

Just wanted to remind everyone the first QB coin visual appeal vs the current first KB coin and put into perspective just how beautiful the Lion was/is!

No hate against the KB I have some on order :)

What does everyone else think about the future of KB?

BA50FDFD-B8AE-4F61-9AEA-A0D51047AA2B.jpeg

2F436537-4230-4730-B66D-82929F93F727.jpeg

too early to say until the rest start coming out i think, but each will be unique to the set so probably compliment each other... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

21 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

I’ll collect the bullion version in gold like I did with the queens beasts personally I think the bullion designs are nicer and cheaper 😉

the guy at RM didnt know if there will be a bullion version but they would be daft not to... the 2oz beasts in a bullion coin are perfect

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't get all the hate that the Panther design is getting - I like it.

As a series, whilst I don't think the KB/TBs will better the QBs, I still think it will be very popular.

I'll be pissed if they don't do a 1/4 gold bullion though! 

34 minutes ago, caf84 said:

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't get all the hate that the Panther design is getting - I like it.

As a series, whilst I don't think the KB/TBs will better the QBs, I still think it will be very popular.

i like it too

4 minutes ago, Spanishsilver said:

I would be amazed if there wasn’t a bullion version tbh 

he told me they were working on a new system about what staff are allowed to give away in terms of info for future releases.. 

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

What's KB, do you mean the new Royal Tudor Beasts series?

I've seen a lot of folk call them that. Of course Royal Tudor is correct, and 'King and Queen's Beasts' is more accurate (and think that the whole series is in rather poor money-grabbing taste, seeing as there's a good chance we could well see a change in monarch during it).

I do imagine there will be a third series - The King's Beasts - some time after the King is crowned.

43 minutes ago, KevinFlynn said:

The Queen's Beasts designs looks more classical, the King's Beasts Panther looks more modern.

Yes and I'd say the QBs are also a modern classic. We will have to see on the Tudor Beasts after a few more designs, the jury's out on this one for me!

1 hour ago, caf84 said:

There will 100% be all the bullion versions :)

2 hours ago, KevinFlynn said:

the King's Beasts Panther looks more modern.

I like the Queen's Beasts better, but if the King's Beasts stay true to the design style I will get them - waiting for the silver BU versions though.

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

I've seen a lot of folk call them that

King's Beasts is certainly inaccurate.

The Seymour Panther for instance, is attributed to the first 3 wives of Henry viii and several of the remaining beasts also for Tudor Queens. There were rather a lot of them in Tudor times😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

The Falcon of the Plantagenets was my least favourite when it first released - it wasn’t at all in keeping with the design aesthetic of the previous ones in the series.  It doesn’t match the ones that came after it either.  But it’s grown on me.

My point is… I like the Seymour Panther enough that I think it will grow on me even more.

I’m glad I snagged a 1oz silver and a BU.

If I truly hate the rest of the series, it’ll be fairly easy to offload these ones. 🙂

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I've decided not to bother with this series. The first one is poor imo and I'm not confident they will improve.

Please return here in a couple of years for me eating humble pie😆

It will probably look ok as part of a "completer" coin - which would be the only one I will be interested in.

I don't really like the design on the Tudor Beasts coin so It's been interesting being able to watch the release, free from the fear of missing out, that others have felt with this coin. I actually had pangs to buy it as I was in early on the website but in the end it just came down to me not liking the design and figuring it's be best to keep the powder dry for something that excites me more. 

My first take on the look of this coin was that it reminded me a lot of the QB Yale, it must have been the spots, but when I looked at the Yale and compared them I think the Panther almost looks cartoonish. The design of the Yale looks so much more refined. The Posture here is off and the paws on the Panther just look clumsy to me. It's a relief in a way as now I don't have to invest. I feel like the Royal Mints Beast's series was just so successful they couldn't bear to see that particular wave break, seeing as some of the Tudor Beasts are the same as Queens Beasts we'll get to see directly comparable coin designs from different artists which will be interesting I think. But it would have been nice if the RM had come up with something fresh which was a bit more of a departure from a series that they literally just finished this year.

I'm not saying this to put anyones noses out and If you like the coins design fair play this is just my opinion. The forum would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. As Westminstrel said earlier sometimes these designs do grow on you.