• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

4 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

I wouldn't worry m8. I've spent £1150 on 4oz's 😄

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 not laughing at you , but with you if that helps 👀

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 hours ago, MrB said:

On another point, it's just sinking in that I've spent £260 + postage on 2 Oz of silver.

my outlay for this month is so far up to £1700 sheckels!!!!!!! this includes my 5oz Henry VII I am still waiting on and the 2oz and 1oz Tudor beasts, I think my Henry is going to need to find new lodgings ...... 😂

OH DEAR, DONT TELL THE WIFE!! 🤣 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

More light being shed on who packages coins at The RM is needed. Do they outsource ? Do they use part time workers when busy ? I suspect one of the two is more likely than using full time employees. @BackyardBullionIf you have the ear of the person in charge, that would be a great starting point to ask about, as it seems very obvious that packaging is a problem. 

As for checking the coins, is that a separate pricess performed by RM employees? It would seem from the RM’s own videos but is the RM putting too much pressure on the checkers by not employing enough causing overpressured employees to tire and make mistakes ?

Edited by Oldun

6 hours ago, Oldun said:

More light being shed on who packages coins at The RM is needed. Do they outsource ? Do they use part time workers when busy ? I suspect one of the two is more likely than using full time employees. @BackyardBullionIf you have the ear of the person in charge, that would be a great starting point to ask about, as it seems very obvious that packaging is a problem. 

As for checking the coins, is that a separate pricess performed by RM employees? It would seem from the RM’s own videos but is the RM putting too much pressure on the checkers by not employing enough causing overpressured employees to tire and make mistakes ?

The problem is employing bored people on minimum wage who don't give a dam about looking at bits of shiny metal they can never afford, I wouldn't be shocked if the staff were actually quite resentful towards people who can and do spend so much money on collectibles while they may be struggling for money and as I think about it, being honest I think I would be too in that position

If only there was a place, maybe a forum..., where they could find people that would actually love to spend a bit of free time examining coins and actually making a bit of cash indulging their interests.

It's actually odd nobody here seems to work there at least part time

Edited by apachebleu

I've just been on the phone to the Royal Mint, yet again to chase up my order. The fella told me that my 5oz silver GC will be dispatched by the middle of next week after going through quality control. He said they didn't expect them to sell out so quickly and only had half of them made initially. Anyone else still waiting?

8 minutes ago, MickB said:

I've just been on the phone to the Royal Mint, yet again to chase up my order. The fella told me that my 5oz silver GC will be dispatched by the middle of next week after going through quality control. He said they didn't expect them to sell out so quickly and only had half of them made initially. Anyone else still waiting?

Didn't expect them to sell out so quickly? That has to be BS

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

That's what I was thinking when he told me. I bet I end up with a return as they've all been sold and minted a while back. It puts me off buying any proof coins from them going forward as there's no way I can get hold of the second coin to go with it unless I pay through the nose.

8 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

4 minutes ago, MickB said:

That's what I was thinking when he told me. I bet I end up with a return as they've all been sold and minted a while back. It puts me off buying any proof coins from them going forward as there's no way I can get hold of the second coin to go with it unless I pay through the nose.

I'm still waiting for both 10oz silvers and both 1kg silvers.  I have now ben told "they are not coming in until 4th March"........"Coming in" WTF they make them!!!!!! ..........Don't they?  

The first monarch launch is already delayed into the end of Feb and no doubt will clash with the 2nd coin due in March.  

God know when the SOTD sov's will turn up.  And they will be flooded with returns due to lose capsules

The RM needs to stop all new launches, get the coins out they have already taken money for and make good  the loose capsule fiasco. 

10 minutes ago, marston59 said:

I'm still waiting for my 5oz and 1 kilo silver Quarter Arms 

4th March mate 

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I'm still waiting for both 10oz silvers and both 1kg silvers.  I have now ben told "they are not coming in until 4th March"........"Coming in" WTF they make them!!!!!! ..........Don't they?  

The first monarch launch is already delayed into the end of Feb and no doubt will clash with the 2nd coin due in March.  

God know when the SOTD sov's will turn up.  And they will be flooded with returns due to lose capsules

The RM needs to stop all new launches, get the coins out they have already taken money for and make good  the loose capsule fiasco. 

4th March mate 

They told me on the phone they would ALL be dispatched this week. Which was clearly wrong.  It's becoming more and more of a shambles. It must be a terrible show in there.

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

They told me on the phone they would ALL be dispatched this week. Which was clearly wrong.  It's becoming more and more of a shambles. It must be a terrible show in there.

I'm surprised they haven't blamed it on Covid seeing as how they're in Wales😁

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

@NewCoins   They are full of S..........

I was told end of Jan, then beginning of Feb now 4th March, I'm back on the phone Monday morning to try and get a straight answer from someone......On the other hand they are lightning fast to invoice me....Strange that isn't  it.  

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

7 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

It is mad how my 5oz has been off at grading since last year and some people still don’t have them. Mintage is low, why wouldn’t they mint them all at once 🤦‍♂️

probably because the difference in minting the 5oz first to the two oz is about half a million quid+ in revenue, so they will always get the smaller higher mintage coins done before the 5oz lower mintage ones 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.