• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@GoldDiggerDave I put a knife in it and wedged it open and broke the twisting but going to NGC so they can put that solid capsule right in the bin.

Good man! You should watch my mate @CoinStruck opening slabs, it’s terrifying!!!!😱😱😱 he won’t mind me saying that! 

11 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Good man! You should watch my mate @CoinStruck opening slabs, it’s terrifying!!!!😱😱😱 he won’t mind me saying that! 

I’ve never done one but thought a dremmel would make light work of it.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 minute ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185206793020

2oz gold 'milled edge' went last night on feebay, list price of £11k sold, sold via "best offer" so cant confirm exact price it went for 

£8500 I believe. 

Think byb made an offer so was able to see the sold price. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185206793020

2oz gold 'milled edge' went last night on feebay, list price of £11k sold, sold via "best offer" so cant confirm exact price it went for 

Think @BackyardBullion Said it was 8.5K

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Think @BackyardBullion Said it was 8.5K

Ah right, never followed the thread last night as was out nursing my open wallet surgery from earlier in the week

Great another forum member @BackyardBullion has jumped on the Gothic gold train - choo choo !!! its a better journey together.  Might be a bargain price in years to come 

I love @BackyardBullion  and he know's it.  Been a big fan for a while, but it did make me smile when he was talking about investments and best one and he rightly said sovereigns!   Glad to see you with the 2022 5 coin proof set!  

@BackyardBullion you are missing a trick mate you should be making some "gothic style" silver bars around launch day?

4 minutes ago, silversurf said:

Bolt cutters and a screwdriver do the job as well takes about a minute 😀

20211211_141714.thumb.jpg.213ffaf2c0273aa570b98a217d41e21f.jpg

Nice job..... Those things spoil the appearance of a perfectly good coin IMO. Any reason why you took it out though just out of curiosity?

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ah right, never followed the thread last night as was out nursing my open wallet surgery from earlier in the week

Great another forum member @BackyardBullion has jumped on the Gothic gold train - choo choo !!! its a better journey together.  Might be a bargain price in years to come 

Sadly I didn't win it for £8500 - although I would have jumped on it if I could have. I just saw the price paid because eBay is....well eBay!

interesting.jpg.77ab08f390ae1d481053ac14a95dc666.jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Nice job..... Those things spoil the appearance of a perfectly good coin IMO. Any reason why you took it out though just out of curiosity?

It's a bit strange, but a relative wanted some Sov's in fancy boxes as gifts. This one was the only one available but in a slab. Broke it out and into a capsule so it matched the others and everyone then gets the same presentation.

Just now, silversurf said:

It's a bit strange, but a relative wanted some Sov's in fancy boxes as gifts. This one was the only one available but in a slab. Broke it out and into a capsule so it matched the others and everyone then gets the same presentation.

Love it.... Nothing strange about it. Those slabs are hideous. And as far as I hear, it's easier to disguise a fake coin as it's ment to stay in them. 

4 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

Use a Dremel with a cutting disc... you can cut along the edge which will stop any change of damage to the coin

Absolutely agree, as a one off I didn't want the extra expense of the Dremmel, if doing on a regular basis I would much prefer the surgeons knife (Dremmel) to my caveman approach lol...

2 hours ago, silversurf said:

Absolutely agree, as a one off I didn't want the extra expense of the Dremmel, if doing on a regular basis I would much prefer the surgeons knife (Dremmel) to my caveman approach lol...

You can borrow mine👍

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, Aran said:

Thanks. I presume that was direct from the RM? If £12k is a total bargain, would you regard £18k as a total rip-off. I’ve been offered one at that price.

£4995 I believe was price direct from memory for the 2oz gold gothic crown. 

…really everyone that signed up for first options on the entire series are the winners, everyone else gets .. 🤷‍♂️ … what’s left.

Fair play to those that get in early, I am just interested as to what percentage of great engravers coins the mint does not allow to be reserve in advance to give the rest of us a deal/chance to scrap over? 10%, 15%, 20% of total production stock? 

After all it you make you market too exclusive you may limit the those with new found wealth (eg. Crypto) from investing in the first place. 

Edited by Silverman2U

18 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

£4995 I believe was price direct from mine from memory for the 2oz gold. 

And really everyone that signed up for first options on the entire series are the winners, everyone else gets .. 🤷‍♂️ 

Where did you sign up for first options? 
I know the mint marque service CAN provide preferential offerings but not guaranteed.