• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284557327348

x5 have now sold in the past hour with Britannia Coin Company on feebay @ £929 each

Why don't people just go to their website and pay £700 🤦🤣🤣

Some people just get panicked and buy with headlight shinning in their eyes I'm sure

37 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Are you talking about the gold coins as the silver coins are not continuity coins. I had that confirmed by someone at the RM just now, so I am very confused right now !

The silver coins were available as single coins and as continuity products when I looked.

8 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I was not able to get the 2oz gold and the secondary market seems to be a bit too much for my liking. I thought that the impact of the sales prices being acheived for the Three Graces would lead to a more realistic secondary market for the gold, but clearly not - the Gothic is likely to be in Una territory, I think.

I am just going to sell the silver I got (including the Alderney version) and move on as I'm not really wanting to keep them without their gold brother. Having the Unas and the 3Gs is enough for me I think. Especially with the original Gothic Crown next to them in the safe box! Feel sad saying this, but it is what it is. My OCD is breaking my heart today!!

Absolutely Gutted for you and others who missed out on a coin that would have enhanced their collection.

I'm just learning the significance of all this and the previous coins in the series,  so had no expectations ( thankfully) but can appreciate the significance of collectors that have been on this journey years "missing out" 

Lastly if it's any consolation whatsoever, you have the original ( in my tiny mind that's unbeatable) 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, ak74 said:

Just what i thought, lots of Graces left over in stock. This offer makes no sense to me. Do they have that much Gothic's, to offer Arms with Graces and later with the portrait? Even 5 OZ Sets are available...

For LPM is it good, sell one coin / hold at least four coins for free in stock and offer them for ridicolous premiums for years. But will a collector ever see his money back, if they are always available? 

2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

nothing, have rejoined the queue

😭😭 cant quit now I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

The original price was around £4k right? Maybe closer to £5k?

£4995 I believe 

Are people who’ve secured the 2oz Silver likely to send theirs for grading or keep raw? Obviously depending on how it looks when it arrives

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

Absolutely Gutted for you and others who missed out on a coin that would have enhanced their collection.

I'm just learning the significance of all this and the previous coins in the series,  so had no expectations ( thankfully) but can appreciate the significance of collectors that have been on this journey years "missing out" 

Lastly if it's any consolation whatsoever, you have the original ( in my tiny mind that's unbeatable) 

Don't be. I was very, very lucky to get the silver I wanted!! Yes, I could not get the gold and my offers on the secondary market were turned down (sad times) but I am really not gutted at all because it is part of the game of collecting - you cannot always get what you want, right!

I am just at the point where I am not going to continue collecting a series that is only available on the secondary market - and yes, I know the irony of saying that given I am going to sell the ones that I got (albeit via an auction). 

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

So what are the mintages of the 2 Oz gold after all is said and done?

Was this the plain or grained edge?

Grained edge was offered on BCC

2oz gold Milled edge mintage in this format 350, total max mintage 411

2oz gold 'plain-edge is 125 mintage

Just now, Paul said:

£4995 for 2oz gold milled edge

Oof..... I would have paused on the site if I was faced with that price but still knowing it would be money in the bank. I think a moral lightbulb would've flashed in my head and stopped me. I could've bought it given the chance but I couldn't of kept it.

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Grained edge was offered on BCC

2oz gold Milled edge mintage in this format 350, total max mintage 411

2oz gold 'plain-edge is 125 mintage

The plain edge is going to be amazing I would say. Would have been excellent to see a few in silver as well.

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Don't be. I was very, very lucky to get the silver I wanted!! Yes, I could not get the gold and my offers on the secondary market were turned down (sad times) but I am really not gutted at all because it is part of the game of collecting - you cannot always get what you want, right!

I am just at the point where I am not going to continue collecting a series that is only available on the secondary market - and yes, I know the irony of saying that given I am going to sell the ones that I got (albeit via an auction). 

Well that's a very pragmatic way to look at it.

Im shocked there's no one willing to earn a quick buck though  ( suppose the BCC prices wont help) Completely understand too regarding the silver.